Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
... LastLast
  1. #741
    Sooo, what's the ETA on the Angel/Demon Wings cloak x-mog from that one April Fools Day? ....What?

  2. #742
    High Overlord Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Agreed. Compare the Bloodwing with the Kor'Kron War Wolf from the SoO raid. Or the Skeletal Warhorse made from that Post item. Now to wait for the Fearie Dragon..
    The Kor'kron War Wolf is pretty sweet, imo. And why would you compare something that will be marginally easy to get anyways to something like the Bloodwing? We haven't even seen all the mounts yet for the raid. What about the new pvp mounts? Those are pretty impressive and unique.

    And tbh, I hope the Faerie Dragon is the Store Mount. That way I can just buy it and be done with it. I'm a mount collector, I don't care if I have to pay money for good looking mounts. Blizzard still provides excellent mounts in game. I'm really looking forward to getting my ToT Meta pterodactyl mount -- if you don't think that is a unique enough model, might want to take another look at it. Actually all of the ToT mounts are pretty awesome.

    Bawk - Balance PvE (Alliance) | Bawk - Balance PvP (Horde)
    My Youtube Channel

  3. #743
    Blademaster KIRSTYBELLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    37
    Like the direction Blizzard is taking so far. Every single bit of it.

  4. #744
    Only read the first couple of pages and then just stopped reading. What makes people think WoW is going to stay subscription based? They are losing subscriptions left and right, only makes sense to start switching over to a free to play model. And if they can keep the monthly money coming in while they introduce more micro-transaction items for people to buy, more power to them. It is a business after all. I was pretty sure that when Titan was released that they would make WoW free with Titan needing a subscription, and to start seeing them introduce more items to buy almost confirms it for me even though Titan was "reset".

    As for me, the helms look interesting but they aren't for me. The hitching post on the other hand........I might have to fork over the money for that.

  5. #745
    I don't expect micro transactions in a game i pay to play. I already pay to have these items made now I have to pay to get them? They need to start dropping the sub price if they are gonna keep doing this. Lots of luck on that happening though.

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

    People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

    Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

    And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

    This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

    Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    indeed. it is a VERY slippery slope, as we can now see.

  7. #747
    If you don't like it, vote with your wallets and stop paying them.

  8. #748
    High Overlord Kanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    193
    Cancelled sub a month ago (for the first time ever) with all intentions on returning for 5.4.

    After playing since day 1, as much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the end of the road.

    This game has moved so far away from what it used to be. Best of luck to everyone who continues to play. Hope that they draw a line with their cash stops pretty soon.

  9. #749
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Welcome to World of Swtor where you WILL pay cash for any decent looking armor and like it!!!

    Oh and we're still going to charge you a subscription!!!

    EDIT: As for people saying speak with your wallet I'm way ahead of you... I'd rather give money to Trion because they deserve it and they don't ask for it ;p In the end only WoW could kill WoW as we are finally seeing it happen.
    Last edited by Sazabius; 2013-07-14 at 08:19 AM.

  10. #750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanx View Post
    Cancelled sub a month ago (for the first time ever) with all intentions on returning for 5.4.

    After playing since day 1, as much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the end of the road.

    This game has moved so far away from what it used to be. Best of luck to everyone who continues to play. Hope that they draw a line with their cash stops pretty soon.
    thats exactly how i feel

  11. #751
    Field Marshal Neonore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    95
    Gimme all the shiney gear allready, here's my money Blizz

  12. #752
    omg get over it, no ones asking you to buy these items, there just there if you want them jeez

  13. #753
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Alot of games are doing this and getting away with it, why can't wow do it without people throwing a tantrum?
    Because it's WoW. I think a lot of people, including me, don't want the game they've played for years to 'sell out'.

    Understandably, with all these backtracks in what we can now buy for cash, people are concerned.

  14. #754
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    Yes I need more ways to spend my monney.

  15. #755
    Mechagnome Time Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Behind you! Turn around!
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

    People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

    Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

    And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

    This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

    Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.

  16. #756
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.
    Blizz adding TRANSMOG items for CASH to a P2P game is the first sign of rain?
    Yep, all WoW players are delusional at this point...

    I highly suggest you ALL log into SWTOR and take a tour of their in-game store because that is your future. lol. WoW will eventually become a P2P hybrid where you don't even know what you're paying for anymore, you just pay $$$ - oh wait too late it already is a P2P hybrid...

    The RMAH in Diablo 3 made that game so much better, right? Blizzard can do no wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I gotta give it to Blizzard though, only they are talented enough to kill over a million subs with a single announcement (just wait for their next quarterly sub loss announcement).

  17. #757
    Blizzard....

    You are already getting enough money from your subscribers... It is part of your services to provide the players with beautiful items and armor sets... I now see what is happening...you are lowering the level of droped items in order to sell those transmogrifications.... Simply discusting.... Instead of fixing those heads go and add them to your next tier in Throne of thunder, because all the sets you designed are just Disgusting....Weirdly enough those helmets are AWESOME i wonder why this is happening..... or do it?

  18. #758
    Obviously the interns are working on the tier sets and the salary artists are now working on the cash shop ;p

    Honestly most of the armor in the game has been hit or miss (most of it has been miss) but it was always free (well I paid $15/mo but beyond that it was free + my time).

    Now we have cool animated helms but you get to pay $$$? But it's ok because the gear doesn't have stats? No, no, it's ok because they already sell mounts and pets in the store. Or the flaccid "they are vanity and therefor not required so why bitch that you have to buy them?" excuse.

    Fuck principles, they just get in the way of leeching money off your 'already' paying customers. I see no problem with this at all.

  19. #759
    Epic! Sainur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Khazad-dûm
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    yeah.......lolololol......ok kid, you keep telling yourself that but your words speak volumes.....lool
    dipshit kid, all that you are
    Why are little trolling shitheads like you not banned yet? Haha, sure, you're the wise adult and we are the dipshit kids. Your way of typing shows how much of an intellectual being you are.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.
    ...This whole debacle is going to get released in Asia first, doesn't take away that it's a testing grounds for the west.

    Also: here's your source for the 'b-but your bolded parts are wrong. Waaa~'.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=88#1745

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •