Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Oh man this comment section is about to get HILARIOUS.
    *grabs popcorn*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    So optional paid content that takes away from real development is different from optional paid content that takes away from real development.

Okay, buddy.
    Compare the money they make from people expressly buying TCG items to the money they made from Sparkly Ponies on their $20 store.

One is a nasty, unethical cash grab, the other is cross promotion which almost every business does. It's a question of ethics (or lack thereof).

The fact we don't see 100s of players riding Spectral Tigers is testament to that, so good reasoning on that one.

Not that I expect you to understand that, given your stance on it "buddy". (Ps - obvious sign of a failed line of argument is when you try to sound "cutesy"... grow up.)
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-07-13 at 05:20 AM.

Maybe they will use the money gained from selling these items to hire more/better artists.

Calling it now. Want to transmog legendaries? Better get your wallet.

(insert not backed up statement relating to slopes)

If any of you quit over this, I'm going to laugh. Its such a small thing to get upset over.

Actually, I hope you do quit. Might clean up the community a bit. Just make sure you stop coming onto fansites, since you don't play anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

So optional paid content that takes away from real development is different from optional paid content that takes away from real development.

Okay, buddy.
    Because the art department could totally make a new raid in the same time it takes to make a few helmets, amirite?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Its no different than buying something on xbox live.

Blizzdrones out in full force.
    "B-but its not p-pay2win..."
    "This is just a silly harmless transmog item, nothing else will come out of it"

and meanwhile at Hitler's HQ aka Activision they start to see people will really buy anything no matter how dumb and so the great degradation of p2w will commence.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-07-13 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If any of you quit over this, I'm going to laugh. Its such a small thing to get upset over.

Actually, I hope you do quit. Might clean up the community a bit. Just make sure you stop coming onto fansites, since you don't play anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the art department could totally make a new raid in the same time it takes to make a few helmets, amirite?
    *armchair developer mode* In the time it took to make this helm, that was datamined two patches ago we could have had 3 more tiers of raids with accompanying dungeons, appropriate lore, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just cosmetic. Transmog shouldn't be something people complain about. I don't see the fuss honestly, I feel like some players complain just for the sake of complaining when it comes to this game. This is a company.....they do rely on making money to survive. This whole "they are so greedy" argument annoys the piss out of me.

It isn't for anyone to say how much they can / should strive to make. If you don't want it don't want to pay for the items, then don't. Same thing as in the game, if you don't want it don't put forth to get certain items or gear, then you don't. These cosmetic items they are adding won't have any amount of prestige, it just shows someone was willing to pay for them. Who cares??? This milking the cow business is absurd. Get pissed when they start to charge extra for stuff that really matter, not something some other player is wearing to look a certain way.....get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Blizzdrones out in full force.
    B-but its not p-pay2win...
    So I am geniunely curious, how is this pay2win by your logic?

Also there maybe fanboys/girls but not everyone that likes blizz is blindly defending. The same could be said for any criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    It's just cosmetic. Transmog shouldn't be something people complain about. I don't see the fuss honestly, I feel like some players complain just for the sake of complaining when it comes to this game. This is a company.....they do rely on making money to survive. This whole "they are so greedy" argument annoys the piss out of me.

It isn't for anyone to say how much they can / should strive to make. If you don't want it don't want to pay for the items, then don't. Same thing as in the game, if you don't want it don't put forth to get certain items or gear, then you don't. These cosmetic items they are adding won't have any amount of prestige, it just shows someone was willing to pay for them. Who cares??? This milking the cow business is absurd. Get pissed when they start to charge extra for stuff that really matter, not something some other player is wearing to look a certain way.....get over it already.
    But then they have nothing to complain about. When blizz puts stuff on here that makes killing internet dragons easier I'll see the point of the complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

You do realize the raid art department and the armor art department are two different animals, right?
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You can also buy everything on GW2's shop using in-game gold currency (conversion into gems).

But yeah GW2 does it so why can't WoW charge $10 a PET? (nvm you can get a pack of 3 for that price in GW2 even)
    This.

It doesn't make any sense that WoW has both a monthly subscription fee AND a cash shop. And remember that the cash shop provides cosmetic items AND lots of essential account services like server transfers.
    I am sorry, but people here should seriously raise their voice. A competitor like GW2 asks for no sub fee AND everything they put in the cash shop, cosmetic items and account services, can be easily bought with in game money as well.
    What does the sub fee pays for in WoW? Content patches? Most MMOs on the market by now don't ask for a sub fee AND offer regular content patches as well, in general more frequently than WoW does.

Really, people, wake up. If you love this game you should seriously stand up: ask Blizzard more content for less money, refuse to be treated like a cash cows...! If nothing else, vote with your wallet: they'll notice for sure...
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2013-07-13 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    You do realize the raid art department and the armor art department are two different animals, right?
    I think that was the point of his post.

*armchair developer mode* In the time it took to make this helm, that was datamined two patches ago we could have had 3 more tiers of raids with accompanying dungeons, appropriate lore, etc
    No, but for every one of these helms made by an artist that is "possibly" 1 less helm available in game and if they put the more talented artists on store items (which would make sense because they will have to look nice if they expect to get the 5-10 bucks they will charge) there could be a noticeable decline in sub based items.

10+ Year Old Account

Okay, buddy.

I'm just done with this thread at this point, and possibly the community. They whining going on over stupid shit is absurd. If you honestly think making something like a helm takes any amount of time away from actual content, I just don't know what to tell you. A helm would maybe take a day, maybe. I really do believe no matter what Blizz does at this point will cause a shit storm of one kind or another. There are always going to be complainers. We are between major patches right now, a day doesn't amount to anything, not that it matters as they are reused models from path of the titans. They have already been made, just not released.

I don't see the big deal. The bottom line is Blizzard has lost subscribers, as a smaller company owned by a larger company, part of me thinks Activision is likely breathing down their necks. If they lost 2 million of 10 million players (I think the numbers were likely higher) that means they are making 20% less revenue. Sure they still have 80% and yes that's still a truckload of money, but surely Activision is alarmed by a 20% loss of revenue. Do you think maybe Activision is threating to cut development teams or art teams, or telling them they can't afford to keep the next expansion on schedule for release? At some point the larger company is going to make demands or threats and perhaps Blizzard is doing what they can to make sure this doesn't affect their staff, or us, the consumers. If they have to sell some tranmog gear, or more pets and mounts to make up some of that loss, I say good for them. People will pay despite the people that complain. If they can present better numbers to Activision it just makes sure the game stays intact and up to the quality a lot of us (though, from reading I would say not all of us) expect.

I'm looking forward to next week when they announce VP will be sold in the store. Will be nice watching all the fanboys come on and say, "It's not pay to win, you're not buying gear, just valor that you could grind in game if you wanted to." I love the excuses they come up with, so adorable. "So what if they're selling gear with stats? That chest piece isn't going to allow you to press a button and kill heroic garrosh, you still have to do the work."

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm looking forward to next week when they announce VP will be sold in the store. Will be nice watching all the fanboys come on and say, "It's not pay to win, you're not buying gear, just valor that you could grind in game if you wanted to." I love the excuses they come up with, so adorable. "So what if they're selling gear with stats? That chest piece isn't going to allow you to press a button and kill heroic garrosh, you still have to do the work."
    Well I'll be here next week waiting for that to happen. Also the "fanboy" logic works just the same, and still not worth much, in the other direction. The "haters" will find anything to latch on to. See how that added nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Not that I expect you to understand that, given your stance on it "buddy". (Ps - obvious sign of a failed line of argument is when you try to sound "cutesy"... grow up.)
    But hey ho, you keep on truckin'!
    Geddit? It's not hard.
    Again, okay.

Compare the money they make from people expressly buying TCG items to the money they made from Sparkly Ponies on their $20 store.

One is a nasty, unethical cash grab, the other is cross promotion which almost every business does. It's a question of ethics (or lack thereof).

The fact we don't see 100s of players riding Spectral Tigers is testament to that, so good reasoning on that one.
    Honestly at this point I feel like you're just grasping at straws. I'll leave you to your illogical ethics wherein one extra vanity item is unethical because the additional money on top of a sub goes to Blizzard, and another extra vanity item is ethical because the additional money gets split between Blizzard and another company.