Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sub based game trying to milk people with in game store system? I understand developers saving good art items in f2p games, like swtor went recently but blizzard doing it while still being 15 dollars per month is so low. Maybe that explains why the artwork of sets have gone downhill. Another good reason for people to keep away from pandamon.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2013-07-13 at 05:55 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not put challenge mode or elite pvp gear for only 100$ in the store?
    I bet tons of people would actually buy those as they have no effect on the gameplay anyway.

Deleted
    This is what a Free To Play game does. I've been saying this forever. I pity you suckers for paying double for this game haha. But Blizzard can get away with this with such a stupid fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    This is what a Free To Play game does. I've been saying this forever. I pity you suckers for paying double for this game haha. But Blizzard can get away with this with such a stupid fanbase.
    So these "suckers" are forced to buy the store stuff?

This explains the terrible tier 16 models then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Anyone who buys anything out of this store is a sucker. Because if he wasn't such a naive fanboy pushover and stood up to Blizzard once in a while when they try to rip him off he would get all of these items for free in the game for which he's paying 15$/month already. But since he thinks it's okay to have a Vanity Item Store (like good free-to-play games do, and also successful ones, like League of Legends) ON TOP of a subscription then why would they care? Blizzard's gotta milk these idiots.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-07-13 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Certainly you are forced to pay a monthly sub fee. And certainly if you want something from the cash shop, cosmetic or account service, you are forced to pay it with real money again, instead of having a mean to pay with in game money, like other MMOs do.
    That's already two times you are forced to spend real money compared to none to receive a similar if not worse service compared to what others receive. If you are happy with it...

The sad thing is that you think you are defending the game you love, while you are just helping it going worse in the future...
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2013-07-13 at 06:07 AM.

What they could've done is tie these transmogs and items into a quest in the game.

Jewel of the Firelord: 500 item drops split across all the Pandaria zones, Vale of Eternal Blossoms drops 50, Isle of Giants drops 50, Dread Wastes drops 50 and so on. For the final part of the quest, you need to go kill heroic Ragnaros in the Firelands.

Crown of Eternal Winter: Same deal as above, 500 item drops split across all the Pandaria zones with the final part involving killing heroic Lich King or even the whole ICC in heroic.

Hood of Hungering Darkness: Same deal, insert raid relating to the Hood of Hungering Darkness.

This can can get people out in the world like they wanted, encourages people to group up and run old raids like Firelands for xmogs for the Jewel of the Firelord. And spare me the "but this class can solo them!" congratulations. And naturally if you have people out in the world, on pvp servers it means world pvp hate it or love it. And i'm sure quite a few people would still remember how crowded Darkmoon Faire was once 5.3 hit with people wanting to get that blindfold for the Brawler's Guild.
    Same deal here, link up the Iron Hitching Post and Seesaw with the Darkmoon Faire. All this can provide good incentives for people to login and play. Surely it would feel better to have acquired the item after working to acquire it in game than $15 $20 PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You're not a very smart person to think anything is out of the realm of possibility with them. Lesser charms will be able to be bought. XP buff able to be purchased. So if you purchase lesser charms, and win upgrades for it, it's pay to win. With transmog gear, they will see how much money is able to be made off of it. More and more transmog gear will be sold. Then guess what? "Hey guys! WE are introducing Valor Points available for purchase in the in game store!". And then slowly, gear is able to be purchased with stats.

If you can't see the bigger picture here, then I think you're the one not being smart.
    I doubt they would, but even if they did do valor... do you not have nothing to spend it on atm anyways? The best gear comes from heroic raiding end of story. Until they start selling heroic gear on the store, which even the worst P2W companys don't do.

But yknow, if you considering "winning" valor gear and extra rolls I doubt you play / play well at that matter.

I'm paying $15 a month for a subscription but if I want this cool helm I have to buy that as well? I don't think what most of you realize is that some of you defend LFR by saying "blah blah blah $15 a month, I should get to see all the content."

Yet I'm paying $15 a month just like everyone else but I don't have access to this in-game item because I would have to pay extra to obtain it? It's cosmetic yes, but these helms will still be in-game items in order to be transmogged. This is just getting stupid and is moving towards buyable gear/VP/JP what not, and if you don't believe it then you are a naive idiot. It will happen, I don't expect it to anytime in the next year but towards the end of the next expansion I'm sure we will. Then you can come back to this post and say "Well shit, I fucked up and this guy was right all along."

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm looking forward to next week when they announce VP will be sold in the store. Will be nice watching all the fanboys come on and say, "It's not pay to win, you're not buying gear, just valor that you could grind in game if you wanted to." I love the excuses they come up with, so adorable. "So what if they're selling gear with stats? That chest piece isn't going to allow you to press a button and kill heroic garrosh, you still have to do the work."
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    I'm paying $15 a month for a subscription but if I want this cool helm I have to buy that as well? I don't think what most of you realize is that some of you defend LFR by saying "blah blah blah $15 a month, I should get to see all the content."

Yet I'm paying $15 a month just like everyone else but I don't have access to this in-game item because I would have to pay extra to obtain it? It's cosmetic yes, but these helms will still be in-game items in order to be transmogged. This is just getting stupid and is moving towards buyable gear/VP/JP what not, and if you don't believe it then you are a naive idiot. It will happen, I don't expect it to anytime in the next year but towards the end of the next expansion I'm sure we will. Then you can come back to this post and say "Well shit, I fucked up and this guy was right all along."
    What would you buy with valor? What on earth in the game can you out play someone, with max valor? They could sell valor,JP,lesser charms, greater charms, flask, potions, feast, and the BoE craftable epics on the new store, and you're still going to be worse off then someone who earns stuff from heroic raiding or normal raiding's thunderforged.
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-07-13 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post

If that happens I'll come back but I doubt it. That is quite the leap. Remember server transfers and race change complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I doubt they would, but even if they did do valor... do you not have nothing to spend it on atm anyways? The best gear comes from heroic raiding end of story. Until they start selling heroic gear on the store, which even the worst P2W companys don't do.

But yknow, if you considering "winning" valor gear and extra rolls I doubt you play / play well at that matter.
    Oooooo look! A pre-emptive "I'm ok with them selling vp" post. Classic!

Oooooo look! A pre-emptive "I'm ok with them selling vp" post. Classic!
    I am okay with people buying valor, worry about yourself. Id never need to buy it. I can't not be valor capped at this point. Until they add insane valor bought items. I see no problem. Also can't wait to buy the 100% xp buff.

Lmao, exclusive gear for us "casuals" who actually work for a living, hope you basement heros can get a loan from mom! gl!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Oh man this comment section is about to get HILARIOUS.
    My thoughts exactly. Who's got the popcorn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Games View Post
    i cancelled my account late last month because i was bored and needed a break until 5.4, but this solidifies my decision in not coming back.

i never liked pets and mounts being in the store for the record, and now that they're adding transmog gear on there, coupled with the fact that the last several tier sets have been absolute crap, forgetful, and uninspiring, it just goes to show that blizzard doesn't care about the state of the game. they only care about bleeding out as much money as possible while the ship keeps sinking.

well, i'll be getting off here. it was a fun ride while it lasted, but i won't be sitting around as they continue to put the best looking gear on the store, and have the janitor work on the next tier set. no disrespect to the janitor, but you're not ready yet.

^^ sums it up perfectly, kind of a cop out when they say they're finding it harder and harder to come up with new designs which is forgivable. But then after accepting that the quality of tier set visuals is getting lower and lower that they release stuff which looks just as cool as tier 2 stuff but only for money. It's true, they must be milking the sinking ship dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Honestly at this point I feel like you're just grasping at straws. I'll leave you to your illogical ethics wherein one extra vanity item is unethical because the additional money on top of a sub goes to Blizzard, and another extra vanity item is ethical because the additional money gets split between Blizzard and another company.

I agree, those kinds of people annoy the shit out of me. "OMG Cash grab QQ" It's not mandatory, no one is forcing them to buy it on top of their subs, yet they whine because "It's not something they can have for themselves as an achievement reward" then that item would be ok, because they could flaunt it to the "Casuals" as something exclusive to them.

I also love the people who whisper those who bought one of the Blizzstore mounts "waste of money!" It's ok to spend $20 on beer, cigarettes, fast food, a shirt I might only use once then give away, a movie, etc. It's not ok to use the same $20 on a mount from a store because its "Pixels I can't keep" yet they are the same group crying about being "rewarded with exclusive items" because they are hardcore and worked for it so deserve it more than any other player in game. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by broomish View Post
    ^^ sums it up perfectly, kind of a cop out when they say they're finding it harder and harder to come up with new designs which is forgivable. But then after accepting that the quality of tier set visuals is getting lower and lower that they release stuff which looks just as cool as tier 2 stuff but only for money. It's true, they must be milking the sinking ship dry.
    I though beauty was subjective? For example I think most of t2 is pretty wack, and I know people that swear by it.

I'm looking forward to next week when they announce VP will be sold in the store. Will be nice watching all the fanboys come on and say, "It's not pay to win, you're not buying gear, just valor that you could grind in game if you wanted to." I love the excuses they come up with, so adorable. "So what if they're selling gear with stats? That chest piece isn't going to allow you to press a button and kill heroic garrosh, you still have to do the work."
    Yeah, you people have been saying that since the first pet went up on the store.
    Been a lot of weeks since then, and guess what? They still aren't selling stats gear.

But next week, right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche