Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    How bad can the sub numbers for 2nd quarter be? It seems like Blizzard is very desperate at this point to get some extra revenues into the game. But Im pretty sure that triple dipping like they are aiming for will hurt them alot. Blending the very worst of F2P cashshop and forced subscription for just login in.... And we have the very worst MMO model of any game out on the market today.

Buy the box + buy the expansion + pay sub + ingame shop.... We have full confirmation that Blizzard is no longer company thinking about their consumer. And the worst part...

I hope WOW players are smart enough to see whats going on... and walk away now. Thats what Im doing cause its not acceptable to see any company show such total lack of respect to paying subscribers and add more and more that have to be paid for extra. It should be in the game with meanings to get... not in a cashshop.
    I totally agree with everything you have said, and I've cancelled my subscription. I can no longer support this greedy company.

The really sad thing is they will get away with this. Just look at how many stupid and naive people there are defending Blizzard in this thread alone. Mum and dad will pay for this shit. WoW is still the cheapest babysitter around.

Lets pretend all you own the company at a time of global austerity like this one we all live in. Your subs after 8 great years are on the constant decline, your rivals announce their games went free to play and you keep subs up and now more online shop items?????

This company policy is insulting imo to everyone loyal enough to keep his sub running up till today!
    Last edited by Darth Primus; 2013-07-13 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    I said transmog items would happen if the game went free to play yesterday.
    Seems like they ignored the good part of my idea.

Deleted
    Azeroth vs Greed 0:1

You can't beat that boss no matter how hard you try heroes, we're sorry (not).
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2013-07-13 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    3 helmets this week..... 3 the next. Blizzard is ramping up number of pets, mounts and now transmog items with alarming rate at this point. I think most ppl with half a brain knew this would be coming. The first items were just put in to lay the ground for what was to come. Most realise now that they can not stop this... so their choice is really only to leave now as a subscriber and show Blizzard that they are loosing more subs than ever by implementing things like cash shop into already subscription based game.
    Sorry didn't know you could tell the future. They add new ones each major patch which is 5+ months. Me nor you know why subs are in decline can we try to pretend we are reasonable human beings and not all knowing gods.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling hideous helmets for extra cash?

O.k.. Go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just seems incredibly greedy and insulting to their loyal players. At least remove the sub if you are forcing more rl money items -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    And now we know why there is no resources left to create 5 man dungeons - It's time spent on money grabbing scams like this. I already pay a subscription to the game, I should not need to pay more to get cosmetic items which have been developed and paid for with my subscription money.
    This is the best summation of the situation so far. Yet all the defenders can't understand that simple idea.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't help you win the game. They are paying people to make this stuff for cash only with your subscription money instead of expanding or improving the game you are playing for.

Remember all those thousands of posts about 8-12 months between raids? Why no new 5 mans? This is why.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Poor cow is so dry by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least if they were all Bind on Equip... that way you could still get them ingame for outrageous amounts of gold... but nevertheless you could get them by ingame means.

Deleted
    Decent looking but pointless.

When people see you using the Sparkle Pony v1, v2, v3, v4 etc they immediately think "Dick." and the same will be said for this transmog. It will be overused and look really stupid.

How are helmets "pets" ? o_O
    Maybe the "pet" store needs a new name if they are throwing all this other stuff on there... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emzky View Post
    So wow going path of exile? Now remove subscription fee please.
    They already have in China.
    Or rather, they are working on that.
    Just not for europe.

Deleted
    I will buy all of them. Theyre looking great, fuck the haters :3

We all have to work together to help Blizzard so everyone please buy as much as you can in the store

I don't find any of those models particularly appealing, and they wouldn't go very well with many xmog sets because of how much they stand out, but meh.

Deleted
    oh wow, it's nice of them to not put any effort into making cool tier and pvp sets but atleast they put nice looking helms in the store ....

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they don't look very good - they stand out way too much with our normal rubbish looking armour, can imagine everyone running around looking like clowns in a few years time >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    This just seems incredibly greedy and insulting to their loyal players. At least remove the sub if you are forcing more rl money items -.-
    as if somebody is forcing you to buy them?

Come on people, what's all this QQ about? All the items in the online store are vanity items that don't effect your game play or character stats in anyway. Unless WoW goes f2p, the items in the store will be always vanity items. You don't like it, unsubscribe... oh wait you are too addicted to this game.

Deleted
    They seem incredible gorgeous ... Shut up and take my money!!!!

There is a ton of fear in this thread, and it is justified. It's a very slippery slope. For right now everything is fine, a few transmog items and toys are fine, but it cannot go further. The second we start seeing content or gear on there while still paying a sub is when we should see a mass exodus. I'm not talking about expansions here, games have always charged for expansions, I mean things like the new raid costing money or something. In the meantime though I'm not going to go overboard and react to the fear of what may happen. I'm just going to keep playing and keep subbing as I have for more than 5 years.

No point in freaking out about where this could lead before it actually goes there.

The first step of the fall of WoW. Blizzard are losing a lot of money, and starting to fall in the pit of F2P with ingame store. This is the beginning of the end.