Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    And now we know why there is no resources left to create 5 man dungeons - It's time spent on money grabbing scams like this. I already pay a subscription to the game, I should not need to pay more to get cosmetic items which have been developed and paid for with my subscription money.
    This. QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    what's the problem with that?

Will these sets provide any in-game benefit apart from cosmetics? No.
    Reading comprehension. It's not about whether these items provide an in-game benefit or not(they obviously don't/won't), it's about the fact that more and more cosmetic items will be made with the store in mind.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Deleted
    What does WoW's monthly fee pay for? Servers? Yes of course. Maintenance? Yes of course. Constant flow of new content? Yes of course. So why after almost nine years am I forced to pay more real currency on top of the monthly fee I am already paying just to get a new item I like?
    Pick your poison Blizzard. Either charge people a monthly fee for the things I listed above or change the model to F2P with microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    What does WoW's monthly fee pay for? Servers? Yes of course. Maintenance? Yes of course. Constant flow of new content? Yes of course. So why after almost nine years am I forced to pay more real currency on top of the monthly fee I am already paying just to get a new item I like?
    Pick your poison Blizzard. Either charge people a monthly fee for the things I listed above or change the model to F2P with microtransactions.
    Nobody is forcing you.

Deleted
    Fucking BS then add all thise things. So they added The sad man Invinsible. AND they will not add all the great looking items to transmaq items to the in game store. Fucking nice blizzard, If we pay a fee each mouth, we should be able to earn all the items you just OUR money on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Seems a lot of people responding don't really understand F2P and its implications for this game. Wow would be completely decimated by F2P. The infrastructure behind Wow is enormous. There is a reason this game is so widely played after nearly ten years, it's very polished and has unmatched support. In fact it wouldn't be decimated, it just wouldn't exist. The game cannot live off F2P with a few things in a shop for micro-transactions. It's too late for that now. And if you all think they have all that money from all those years just sitting in an account, then again, you are not looking at this properly. The money has largely been re-injected to sustain the interest and keep the going with outlandish figures which it boasts even today.

F2P would see about 90% of their team lose their jobs and if you think Blizzard have lost their way with the game of late (which I do but I think they will make up for it with next expansion) then you have seen nothing yet. Mounts, pets, faction changes, race change, name change have been there for years and perhaps there was uproar at first, but they are accepted and another avenue to make revenue, just as these new things will be accepted and part of the game. I don't sub by the way as I don't like the game at the moment (not a fan of MOP) but I am not against any of these new announcements. It's par for the course and certainly not the frankly ridiculous 'pay2win' notion people are wildly throwing around without it seems, even thinking about what that would entail.

If you love the game, trust me, you do NOT want F2p as that is nails in the coffin, F2P is where MMOs go to die. If your reply to that is GW2, then you have no idea of the difference in size of the teams, it's like comparing a convenience corner store to an international chain store.
    Ahahah!

Sorry, but seriously, the only one who has no idea here it's you.
    Did you ever actually open one of the Activision Blizzard semester reports? Do you know how pityful is the cost of server maintenance and support team compared to the volume of incomes provided by their players? Do you have any idea how big is GW2? You know that in US and EU it sold just little less copies than MoP? Do you know how many server they manage and how many people work on new content?

No, you have really no idea. What strikes me, is how you lecture people about their lack of knowledge. Truly fantastic...

What would worry me the most is that if the New Character models will be seperate buyable. Imagine that something we've been waiting for years to get the message if u want the new char models u will have to pay extra!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Nobody is forcing you.
    Read it again, would you?

So why after almost nine years am I forced to pay more real currency on top of the monthly fee I am already paying just to get a new item I like?
    Is there another way to get that item he likes? There isn't, therefor he is forced to pay if he wants that item.
    Last edited by mmoc14572082b5; 2013-07-13 at 10:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    as if somebody is forcing you to buy them?

Come on people, what's all this QQ about? All the items in the online store are vanity items that don't effect your game play or character stats in anyway. Unless WoW goes f2p, the items in the store will be always vanity items. You don't like it, unsubscribe... oh wait you are too addicted to this game.
    This is about saving the 'best' designs for the store and making the same old bland tier 16. So when money is involded they suddenly CAN design something colourful? Totaly unacceptable for a 13 euro sub game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is forcing you.
    It's not about the money. It's about them being there in the first place. It's already shown with pets/mounts on the shop compared with ones in game. In the shop you have a golden winged sparkling flying heart of the aspect mount. In game you have a reworked gryphon. In the shop you have a unique mini elemental lord that can be used as a campfire or a ancient sapling that changes colour/ appearance to match the season. In game you have tito...

This is the reward for collecting all the raid pets.

this is an ingame pet shop item.

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-07-13 at 10:16 AM.

salt in the wound when the armor this xpac is so ugly to begin with.

id LOVE a reason not to mog my gear. havent seen one yet.

The way this announcement is worded, I can tell they're doing their very best to sugarcoat the whole thing. Awful stuff.

A subscription and a (growing, evidently) cash shop. Blizzard thinks they can have their cake and eat it too. Cancelled my subscription.

Deleted
    Those look pretty sweet, will prolly get some for my buddys as surprises

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It's not about the money. It's about them being there in the first place. It's already shown with pets/mounts on the shop compared with ones in game. In the shop you have a golden winged sparkling flying heart of the aspect mount.
    In game you also have much cooler mounts, both land and air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    A subscription and a (growing, evidently) cash shop. Blizzard thinks they can have their cake and eat it too. Cancelled my subscription.
    What someone's forcing you to buy them? If those had stats, I'd sort of agree, but it's purely cosmetic.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    OMG YES! YES ! TRANGSMOG FOREVER I CANT WAIT WE NEED MORE STUFF LIKE THIS! YES!

Will buy all of them as a surprise for my buddys :

And at all those haters: No one forces you to buy it, stop QQ please

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Sorry didn't know you could tell the future. They add new ones each major patch which is 5+ months. Me nor you know why subs are in decline can we try to pretend we are reasonable human beings and not all knowing gods.
    Nope - they are adding new items in the web store much more often than just on major patches. We got new pet 3 weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Read it again, would you?

Is there another way to get that item he likes? There isn't, therefor he is forced to pay if he wants that item.
    There are many items in the store that I like, however I choose not to pay for them because I feel that pixels are not worth real money no matter how pretty they look.

Definition of 'Force':
    to make something happen or make someone do something difficult, unpleasant, or unusual, especially by threatening or not offering the possibility of choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo, why are we still supposed to be paying monthly subs when this doesn't cover all content? I know servers have costs too, but that's not 10 euros per person per month...

WoW should just drop subscription already and embrace the "buy the game/expansions and then enjoy the cashshop" already.

as if somebody is forcing you to buy them?

Come on people, what's all this QQ about? All the items in the online store are vanity items that don't effect your game play or character stats in anyway. Unless WoW goes f2p, the items in the store will be always vanity items. You don't like it, unsubscribe... oh wait you are too addicted to this game.
    Paying subscribers have more say to this than those that are paying nothing in F2P games. Im not too addicted to walk away when I feel a game is no longer supporting me as a subscriber ... but instead are adding features that I dont like to see in a subscription based game.

Blizzard is not just triple dipping now. The stuck their tongue into the dip bowl and licked it.

This is not a human tongue btw
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    This must be the beginning of free to play wow right?