Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    That's quite few steps there. All of the above were deemed "impossible" or "never to happen" at some point in the past. Are YOU sure that it will never, ever, happen?
    Of course not, how can I be?
    There is a saying in my country roughtly translated to this: They piss on him, he cheers that it's raining. Blizzard keep milking, people keep defending them.
    Oh, sayings. Cool.

How about this one: Never sell the bear's skin before one has killed the beast.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I am forced to buy them if I want them. Exactly same goes for F2P games. Fact is that F2P games do it to earn their money and it ALLOWS players to play the game without paying sub. In WOW case... they are both charging sub and then adding F2P like cash shop. Some are ok with that... some are not.

And just because some find it ok... that doesn't mean everyone does. The fanboys are yet again out in force to try to defend these actions and insult everyone that disagrees. Thats what they get away with every day on websites like MMOchampion so ofc that will continue. But that does not mean that ppl that find this F2P cashshop insulting are not fully entitled to feel that way and point out why.
    And of course you are not a fanboy but still you "force" yourself to spend real money for an item in the game... that's clearly anti-fan behavior.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-07-13 at 11:42 AM.

The fanboys are yet again out in force to try to defend these actions and insult everyone that disagrees.
    Fanboy of course being such an honorable label.......

Ah, the ironing is delicious.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    I am forced to buy them if I want them. Exactly same goes for F2P games. Fact is that F2P games do it to earn their money and it ALLOWS players to play the game without paying sub. In WOW case... they are both charging sub and then adding F2P like cash shop. Some are ok with that... some are not.

And just because some find it ok... that doesn't mean everyone does. The fanboys are yet again out in force to try to defend these actions and insult everyone that disagrees. Thats what they get away with every day on websites like MMOchampion so ofc that will continue. But that does not mean that ppl that find this F2P cashshop insulting are not fully entitled to feel that way and point out why.
    You really can't see the irony in your post can you?

Let me highlight one for you just to be clear....
    I am forced to buy them if I want them.
    Let me reword something...
    The haters are yet again out in force to try to attack these actions and insult everyone that disagrees.
    Still don't see the irony?

I will leave you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    And of course you are not a fanboy but still you "force" yourself to spend real money for an item in the game...
    No Im not a fanboy. Im a consumer and I know when its time to walk away from a product that is not to my liking. The definition of Force is clear. It doesn't need intimidation but lack of choice is enough. So no matter how much the fanboys try to act like Blizzard is not forcing ppl to buy items if they want them ... it still is. If I have a choice to not buy them... does not mean I have a choice how to get them in a game I already pay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    You really can't see the irony in your post can you?

Let me highlight one for you just to be clear....

Let me reword something...

Still don't see the irony?

I will leave you with that.
    Changing other ppl's quotes just goes to show how low some ppl sink.

It's funny that some people are so much upset about items that don't have any influence on the effectiveness of their characters in the game...

No Im not a fanboy. Im a consumer and I know when its time to walk away from a product that is not to my liking. The definition of Force is clear. It doesn't need intimidation but lack of choice is enough. So no matter how much the fanboys try to act like Blizzard is not forcing ppl to buy items if they want them ... it still is. If I have a choice to not buy them... does not mean I have a choice how to get them in a game I already pay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Changing other ppl's quotes just goes to show how low some ppl sink.
    I'd give it up, pal. No matter how clearly you spell it out to them they won't understand. They don't want to, their heads are stuck far too deep in the sand.

It's funny that some people are so much upset about items that don't have any influence on the effectiveness of their characters in the game...
    Stats are not the only important thing.... why do you find it so hard to understand that not everyone plays for the same reason you do?

I would not be upset if this was a F2P game that does it and allows me to log in without paying sub. But Im upset when a game that already charges me money for just login in decides to do it. That show total lack of respect to the player base and an obvious trend that subscribers will be getting less and less for their subscription fee... while extra cash will buy you more things.

I dont see anything funny about that. I see greed ... I see lack of respect... And I see to total ignorance.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

If you want them, that is not being 'forced' to buy them. That is making a CHOICE to purchase them.
    Don't say Blizzard is forcing you to buy them if you do. You are the person making the choice to punch in your credit card number and hit accept. It is a luxury/cosmetic item, not a necessity.

Some of the people in this thread sound absolutely pathetic. Godforbid Blizzard offers more customization options for real money. Who cares what Blizzard does to make money? As a consumer, you have the choice of whether or not you will support stuff like this. If you purchase these transmog items for your character, you are promoting the system and pretty much saying to Blizzard that you support it. So if you are one of the people posting in here complaining about this and you still buy it anyways? You're a total hypocrite.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious how all of the White Knights rushing to defend almighty Blizzard are completely missing the point. In fact, a lot of the opponents miss the point as well. It's not a huge deal that they are selling cosmetic items (b/c you're right, they don't 'affect' anyone), a cash shop on its own is also not inherently bad, and it's not a huge deal that a company wants to make money.

Here's what is a huge deal:

- People are dissatisfied with the level, quantity, and types of content being developed. While obviously an art team isn't going to be the same people responsible for that stuff, they clearly invested resources into making more money, when people have been asking them to invest resources for x,y,z and they straight up say, 'Nope...that would be too hard and take too much time....which translates to, 'We have your sub money, why would we make more stuff for you?'

- A subscription required game with a cash shop is tacky and borderline unethical. But to be fair, this was a problem before now. The exorbitant prices on account services was crossing the line when you have several games (many that are F2P) that allow you to do these sorts of things for free.

- To be very fair, I guess people were right who thought a slippery slope was mounts and pets back in the day. It doesn't matter when they start to slide down, so you can't say people are wrong for expecting these things. The major point here is that the only way forward is down. They can't change any of these policies. They aren't going to magically say, 'oops...cash shop was a huge mistake, it's now a subscriber rewards shop and you get x number of points to spend each month you sub and it doesn't cost real money ever'.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Oh, sayings. Cool.

How about this one: Never sell the bear's skin before one has killed the beast.
    The bear is long dead. The server/faction transfer and name/race change were necessary, it allowed players to keep their toon, without having to reroll all the time, the prices were justifyed- so the people won't abuse/overuse it for no reason. If memory serves right, they opened the Pet Store for charity reasons, which was a great thing to do. However, after seeing how successful it was, Blizzard became greedy. Around that time the "bear" was already dying, and now, few years later, they are just poking the dead body.

Why do people not even understand that it's not about "if it's only cosmetic"......

It's about Blizzard taking something that should be available under the subscription fee and charging extra for it. It's a question of ethics and screwing over the players for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    If you want them, that is not being 'forced' to buy them. That is making a CHOICE to purchase them.
    Don't say Blizzard is forcing you to buy them if you do. You are the person making the choice to punch in your credit card number and hit accept. It is a luxury/cosmetic item, not a necessity.

Some of the people in this thread sound absolutely pathetic. Godforbid Blizzard offers more customization options for real money. Who cares what Blizzard does to make money? As a consumer, you have the choice of whether or not you will support stuff like this. If you purchase these transmog items for your character, you are promoting the system and pretty much saying to Blizzard that you support it. So if you are one of the people posting in here complaining about this and you still buy it anyways? You're a total hypocrite.
    I pay a sub fee for the game. I should NOT have to buy them in ingame cash shop. The game is not offering ANY means to get these items for the subscribers.

The only ppl that sound absolutely pathetic in this threat so far are those that are trying to defend BLizzard triple dipping the playerbase when they SHOULD be creating the very best game for the subscribers. The fact is... they are no longer doing that. Thats just a fact now.

Blizzard is blending together the VERY WORST of subscription based games.... and the very WORST of F2P games. There is NOTHING good about these changes for the consumer. Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Duster505;21742917]

I would not be upset if this was a F2P game that does it and allows me to log in without paying sub. But Im upset when a game that already charges me money for just login in decides to do it. That show total lack of respect to the player base and an obvious trend that subscribers will be getting less and less for their subscription fee... while extra cash will buy you more things.

I dont see anything funny about that. I see greed ... I see lack of respect... And I see to total ignorance.
    This expansion we have gotten MORE content in a shorter amount of time.
    Aka, more bang for your buck. How is that 'getting less for their sub fee' when Blizzard has been working their butts off to push out content faster?

If you want to say 'lack of respect to the player' ... look back at previous expansions. Wrath was super drawn out in the final tier with barely any additional content, a revamped Naxx and ToC. Cata was also very drawn out, a huge raid was scrapped in mid production and DS was for the most part a rehashed model joke and a short tier that lasted for way too long without any new content after it. In terms of gaps, those 2 expansions alone were more of a waste of subscription money than MoP has ever been since release. MoP has had short tiers, quick content updates and has given us 3 tiers in less than a year. It has been the most value for your sub, the most value the game has ever seen.

Blizzard pretty much bends over backwards for the entire community, listens to almost every single thing that the playerbase demands of them -- and people still have the nerve to say they are ripping us off because of a cosmetic addition to the cash shop?
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Deleted
    dont care if you can buy transmog stuff in the store aslong as they dont have stats on them that require us to buy them for upgrades. Since this is not the case, why QQ. if you dont want them, dont buy them.

Its either monthly sub with access to 100% game content or FTP with game shop.. you cant dip both hands into the honey jar bliz and if you do so, you will regret it....

ps: Do I need to point out how insulting this feels for a 8 year subscriber/customer ???

The bear is long dead. The server/faction transfer and name/race change were necessary, it allowed players to keep their toon, without having to reroll all the time, the prices were justifyed- so the people won't abuse/overuse it for no reason. If memory serves right, they opened the Pet Store for charity reasons, which was a great thing to do. However, after seeing how successful it was, Blizzard became greedy. Around that time the "bear" was already dying, and now, few years later, they are just poking the dead body.
    As often is the case in discussions like this, memory served you wrong. Only one of the initial pets were sold for charity.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post

This expansion we have gotten MORE content in a shorter amount of time.
    Aka, more bang for your buck. How is that 'getting less for their sub fee' when Blizzard has been working their butts off to push out content faster?

If you want to say 'lack of respect to the player' ... look back at previous expansions. Wrath was super drawn out in the final tier with barely any additional content, a revamped Naxx and ToC. Cata was also very drawn out, a huge raid was scrapped in mid production and DS was for the most part a rehashed model joke and a short tier that lasted for way too long without any new content after it. In terms of gaps, those 2 expansions alone were more of a waste of subscription money than MoP has ever been since release. MoP has had short tiers, quick content updates and has given us 3 tiers in less than a year. It has been the most value for your sub, the most value the game has ever seen.

Blizzard pretty much bends over backwards for the entire community, listens to almost every single thing that the playerbase demands of them -- and people still have the nerve to say they are ripping us off because of a cosmetic addition to the cash shop?
    Just because Blizzard decided to spend most of their WOW subscription money into TITAN past 4 years does not make the "speed" the are making new "content" any more convincing.

Most of the content added this expansion has been done by moving resources within the company. For example: No more 5 man dungeons and instead they moved the group to make new raid bosses.

3 Tiers in less than a year? .... Stick to facts. We only have two so far.

And yes..... I have the nerve to tell ANY game company that decides to blend the very worst of Sub based game and F2P game together and act like its for the good of the consumer... that they are talking out of their arse and dont give a flying fuck about their consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    ps: Do I need to point out how insulting this feels for a 8 year subscriber/customer ???
    Please do, because I'm a 8½ year subscriber, and I don't feel insulted at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche