Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While the helms are cool, I'd still like to ask a simple question:

Where in god's green earth is my damned Fey Dragon Mount!

10+ Year Old Account
    and so it begins... the screams of PAY TO WIN will echo throughout the land for ages, all because Blizzard put transmog items on the Blizzard Store.

the Vocal Minority will scream "WHERE DOES IT END?!? WHATS NEXT GOLD ON THE BLIZZARD STORE? TIER 38? HEROIC DEMONHUNTERFORGED RETURN OF ILLIDAN RAID 3.0 GEAR???"

all the while the silent majority just walks on by, "nothing to see here folks, move along"

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Answer the basic question about inflation rate first. If you're unable to do that, then you have no clue about what you're talking about because you're unable to combine some numbers.

And NO company on this planet does that. A part of the revenue goes into developing new products, otherwise it becomes a dead company. Unless you imagined otherwise? Well, then it only shows your lack of clue.

Really? Well, phone companies certainly do charge you a fee and then make you pay for apps and the phone. Will you make up some other "fact" to counter that?
    Phone companies do not own those apps or the phones. You can STILL use your phones and apps you bought even if you move from one phone company to another.

Blizzard owns both their servers and the "apps". You once again show total lack of understanding what you are talking about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    BREAKING NEWS! A company is trying to make money and people do NOT like that! pack your pitchforks and lets protest about this!
    That's an incredibly naive argument. You don't have to put up with a company's business practice. Vote with your wallet but never accept that a company is trying to make business at your expense without evaluating the service. You are not looking at the bigger picture here.

Deleted

I guess they have to fix the whole Vivendi situation somehow.

Shame I just resubbed, this is phyiscally disgusting to me. The slippery slope starts here.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    That's an incredibly naive argument. You don't have to put up with a company's business practice. Vote with your wallet but never accept that a company is trying to make business at your expense without evaluating the service. You are not looking at the bigger picture here.
    Ye - Totally agree with this. Paying consumers should be aware of company's business practice. And its pretty obvious that the current practice from Blizzard is shady to say the least compared to what other games and companies have been doing with their payment models.

People quitting over this are just dumb. I see nothing wrong with it at all even though I wouldn't have one of those helms if they paid ME.

I don't think WoW will ever go F2P but the notion that doing so is "where MMO's go to die" is just not true. LOTRO did it a while back and their revenues tripled and the sub base actually went up. They are very healthy and still turning out new content and expansions. That game, a fine one btw, has much more active servers than before. They do offer ways to buy the store items without paying real money though and that is the way to go. If you pay the sub cost, you get free store purchase points every month and you also get points for things you complete in the game. If you choose F2P you only get the points through your actions in game or purchasing more in the store. The only thing purchasable for real money are the Turbine points you use to buy store items but as I said, they can also be obtained in other ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blizzard owns both their servers and the "apps". You once again show total lack of understanding what you are talking about
    And how does it change something? You still have to pay for the phone, the sub for the line and the apps.
    Moreover, a phone without a sub and apps does not work. But WoW without all those cosmetic items works just fine.

Oh, and I'm still waiting on that inflation calculation from you.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no rule... but no company managed to do the same without losing 90% of their sub.
    Now that is more like it.

And if STEAM will charge a monthly fee as well as buying the game, I simply stop using Steam, and probably a lot of people too.

While you may say, a lot of people will also quit WoW too because of this, well, let's see. Historic data pretty much show Blizzard can add anything (as long as non power related) people will happily pay for it on top of their sub.

Until people start complaining with their wallet, Blizzard probably will keep doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    People quitting over this are just dumb. I see nothing wrong with it at all even though I wouldn't have one of those helms if they paid ME.

I don't think WoW will ever go F2P but the notion that doing so is "where MMO's go to die" is just not true. LOTRO did it a while back and their revenues tripled and the sub base actually went up. They are very healthy and still turning out new content and expansions. That game, a fine one btw, has much more active servers than before. They do offer ways to buy the store items without paying real money though and that is the way to go. If you pay the sub cost, you get free store purchase points every month and you also get points for things you complete in the game. If you choose F2P you only get the points through your actions in game or purchasing more in the store. The only thing purchasable for real money are the Turbine points you use to buy store items but as I said, they can also be obtained in other ways.
    True... other MMO games have store but none of them is both charging for items and then charging you for login in. Thats where alot of ppl will put down their foot. Specially if Blizzard is putting in an ingame store.

Games like LOTRO give players OPTIONS on how to play and if they spend money. Blizzard is not doing that with their system by the looks of things. They are making sure you have to pay for both items and then pay the sub and you have zero means to do anything else. Thats the unethical part about their model and shows total lack of respect in my opinion.

I find it kind of hilarious that people are freaking out and threatening to quit over three transmog helms that are frankly quite ugly.

Also: do any of you guys who are threatening to quit hate the fact that the BMAH offers heroic raiding gear periodically? Because if you're gonna quit over pay to win...welp...that's in game pay to win right there, and you never mention it.

Blizzard has had a cash shop for in game items since Wrath. Thus far they've not offered anything with an in game advantage, and the things datamined to be in game advantages in 5.4 are going to a market with a totally different subscription model. Do you think you guys could stop with the "THEY OFFERED X, THAT MEANS NEXT IS BUYING YOUR HEROIC RAID GEAR" crap until they, you know, ACTUALLY DO IT?

Alot of the complaints I see here are due to the fact that they believe this takes away from development time for subscription content, but honestly.... we are seeing more content added to the game now than at any point in the games history (the pace of content I mean). Nothing has been taken away from the core game, you have more than ever before. This is EXTRA development, for EXTRA cash, if you don't like it, speak with your wallet and don't buy it.

The slippery slope argument is kind of unfounded too imo, there is a HUGE difference between offering cosmetic/convenience items and offering player power, and Blizzard knows this (That being said, if WoW ever did become pay2win I'd be right beside you grabbing my pitchfork :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    True... other MMO games have store but none of them is both charging for items and then charging you for login in. Thats where alot of ppl will put down their foot. Specially if Blizzard is putting in an ingame store.
    Blizzard have charged us sub, AND paid services, AND store mounts, for how long?

They have been doing this and got away with this for ages. And as long as they can get away with it, and with people still subbing, I don't see why any company wouldn't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

Thank god I unsubbed long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Blizzard have charged us sub, AND paid services, AND store mounts, for how long?

They have been doing this and got away with this for ages. And as long as they can get away with it, and with people still subbing, I don't see why any company wouldn't do it.
    Well... Blizzard has been loosing subs for last 4 years. 1/3rd of the playerbase has left. The reaction from BLizzard is pretty obvious. It's time to milk those that are going to continue to pay sub as much as possible until they leave. Its seems pretty obvious they are not going to be able to stop the bleed. And they even went as far as admitting that in the last quarterly report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words.
    And if you're wrong, what will you say? Because you know, I can make up statements too.

These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite.
    Need to bought (sic)? Who does actually NEED to buy those helms?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Oh man this comment section is about to get HILARIOUS.
    The foresight is strong in this one.

Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

Thank god I unsubbed long ago.
    I promise you that the new character models will be ingame micro transaction. Thats probably why they are in so much hurry to push this out now. They will probably be adding those models in the dead spot between last raid tier of MOP and the next expansion. Im 100% sure that we will have ingame store before next expansion considering how hard BLizzard is pushing this on ppl now in the last 2 weeks. They are desperate - and its very obvious now that they are loosing subs at more alarming rate than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    B]Need[/B] to bought (sic)? Who does actually NEED to buy those helms?
    Oh come on, smartass eh? You know what I mean. In order to use them, you have to buy them.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    And its pretty obvious that the current practice from Blizzard is shady to say the least compared to what other games and companies have been doing with their payment models.
    Honestly, I don't really see how this is much different than the pets and mounts available in game. A flame war breaking out over these new items seems a little late to me, as player response from pet and mount sales seems to be pretty positive overall. Will I purchase anything? Maybe, but I don't feel any pressure to buy them.

As for these specific items: this is what Blizzard has done for years. They experiment. And this is yet another one of the experiments that they are doing. They are not (as yet) offering "pay to win" items -- at least not for us in the US and EU -- and most likely won't until such time as the payment model changes, which isn't coming any time soon.

As for the double dip line of thought, here's another way of thinking of it. Fans who love this game that plan on playing for a long time to come may want one of these items because it not only looks cool, but helps support the company that creates one of their favorite games. Those that see it as merely a cash grab probably won't buy it. People upset over the cash shop in general shouldn't support it. Either way, these are cosmetic items and shouldn't impact your game play all that much, other than having some players with new looks.

Blizzard is not one for moving quickly down the slippery slope, and they will be looking at the feedback they receive. So instead of fighting each other here, it would be much better to jump on the WoW forums and speak your mind to the CMs and devs over there. And any way you look at it, in the end the power of your wallets will help shape the overall opinion of these new items and tell Blizzard whether we want more or none at all.