Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st sign of any in game store adverts and rng boxes, i'm out

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I promise you that the new models will be ingame micro transaction. Thats probably why they are in so much hurry to push this out now. They will probably be adding those models in the dead spot between last raid tier of MOP and the next expansion. Im 100% sure that we will have ingame store before next expansion considering how hard BLizzard is pushing this on ppl now in the last 2 weeks. They are desperate - and its very obvious now that they are loosing subs at more alarming rate than ever before.
    And if the in-game models that update your character are not sold on the shop, and are in fact free of charge (Unless it comes with an expansion only) -- what would you say than? Blizzard may be losing subscriptions (And so is the genre as a whole), but it doesn't seem desperate to streamline the purchasing process of items you already are able to online. Sold character models would be a stab in the back on a lot of people who are still anticipating it, and I'm sure that won't go over well. By that I mean it would probably cause quite a few people to leave, when they expected it to be free.

Hence the reason it's taken so long for Blizzard to give you a free service, or so everyone expects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Oh come on, smartass eh? You know what I mean.
    No I don't, your sentence didn't make any sense to me. Maybe because English isn't my first language.

In order to use them, you have to buy them.
    Right. But are they mandatory in any way? The answer is no. Now if they started selling stat gear for money, I'd agree with you, but for the time being all we have are some predictions which value is so close to zero that it's not even worth exploring.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And if the in-game models that update your character are not sold on the shop, and are in fact free of charge (Unless it comes with an expansion only) -- what would you say than? Blizzard may be losing subscriptions (And so is the genre as a whole), but it doesn't seem desperate to streamline the purchasing process of items you already are able to online. Sold character models would be a stab in the back on a lot of people who are still anticipating it, and I'm sure that won't go over well. By that I mean it would probably cause quite a few people to leave, when they expected it to be free.

Hence the reason it's taken so long for Blizzard to give you a free service, or so everyone expects.
    Considering what has been going on last 2 weeks... Im pretty sure that they will make character model change as micro transaction. They have all the "logics" and excuses to do it. They can claim that some ppl dont want to have their characters changed and want to have the same model as back in vanilla. And it will make them much more money to put it into Micro transaction where ppl can buy it again and again to change their character looks. So ... It will be micro transaction. 99.99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Right. But are they mandatory in any way? The answer is no. Now if they started selling stat gear for money, I'd agree with you, but for the time being all we have are some predictions which value is so close to zero that it's not even worth exploring.
    What would stat gear change? I mean, the goal of this game isn't to get the best stats after all, right? Looks like your point pretty much backfires....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    What would stat gear change?
    Stat gear would turn the game (at least partially) into a pay-to-win model. And that would be bad.

I mean, the goal of this game isn't to get the best stats after all, right?
    Some raiders would go to any length to get just 10 more stats.
    MMO player

Considering what has been going on last 2 weeks... Im pretty sure that they will make character model change as micro transaction. They have all the "logics" and excuses to do it. They can claim that some ppl dont want to have their characters changed and want to have the same model as back in vanilla. And it will make them much more money to put it into Micro transaction where ppl can buy it again and again to change their character looks. So ... It will be micro transaction. 99.99% certain.
    Did I miss something major in the last two weeks? EXP potion and Lesser charms considered for the Eastern market, most likely never for the EU / US market. 3 Helms have been added to the store, which were developed back in 5.2. While it's a concern for the former, the latter is nothing new and exactly expected out of them. I don't see how it's surprising or new to warrant speculation over. The EXP and Lesser charms deal is so much more worrying and hostile to the game than a few helms you purchase with real world currency, and they are separate issues entirely.

Stat gear would turn the game (at least partially) into a pay-to-win model. And that would be bad.

Like when they burned away HUUUUGE amounts of gold on the BMAH the first weeks to get upgrades, wich they would have got eventually anyways.. So yeah, I agree. The day Blizz put gear with stats on in the store, this game will end™ for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Like when they burned away HUUUUGE amounts of gold on the BMAH the first weeks to get upgrades, wich they would have got eventually anyways.. So yeah, I agree. The day Blizz put gear with stats on in the store, this game will end™ for sure.
    Precisely. As long as it only has cosmetic upgrades, it's OK. When it starts to be like BMAH, I'll be the first against it.
    MMO player

Pay to win...what? Did blizzard ever mention any type of ultimate goal? I don't think so.

Keep lying to yourself and believe that stat gear on pet shop will change anything....it's just your personal goal that gets ruined. Just like pet collectors got pissed off, then mount collectors, now dress collectors. As long as they only ruin the goal of one group the others will always say "hey, it's no big deal". Your point is "hey, as long as it's no stat gear it won't matter fpr game balance"...and when we get stat gear they will say "hey, everything else can be bought for real money, so why should stat gear be different...as long as you can get similar gear by raiding."(it's already happening in BMAH, by the way...you just didn't notice).

The strategy is called "Devide&Conquer" and it isn't exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Did I miss something major in the last two weeks? EXP potion and Lesser charms considered for the Eastern market, most likely never for the EU / US market. 3 Helms have been added to the store, which were developed back in 5.2. While it's a concern for the former, the latter is nothing new and exactly expected out of them. I don't see how it's surprising or new to warrant speculation over. The EXP and Lesser charms deal is so much more worrying and hostile to the game than a few helms you purchase with real world currency, and they are separate issues entirely.
    Ye - I think you have missed quite abit. Blizzard invited reporters and managers of major fansites to Irvine to get them ready for these news. They might not have said exactly what is going on - but they are laying the ground for a big change in WOW. Not only in the Asian market but for US/EU as well. Things dont happen just by change for these companies. Everything is lining up for worldwide ingame store before next expansion. And it will give Blizzard an "excuse" to leave yet another 8 months till next expansion if they throw ingame store into the game 4 months after last raid tier has been released.

I think its VERY obvious now that there is no more REAL content coming in MOP after 5.4. But it looks more and more likely that the "content" that is gonna be added is in form of paid for micro transactions. And after hearing from some of the ppl that were in Irvine - they are prepared for pretty much anything to happen with this ingame store.

- - - Updated - - -

No - stats gear would not change anything. Being able to buy Heirlooms for real money would change nothing more than 100% extra XP boost potion.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No - stats gear would not change anything. Being able to buy Heirlooms for real money would change nothing more than 100% extra XP boost potion.
    I didn't have the heirloom gear in mind. Also, the exp boost is currently envisioned for Asian market, which does not have subs to begin with.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    i love that everyone is whining.....lol
    even though it doesnt really affect them at all
    i love how they whine when a company tries to make money, keep the whining coming, shows how moronic you are

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

Thank god I unsubbed long ago.
    you unsubbed but still whine about everything, great life you have

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    i love that everyone is whining.....lol
    even though it doesnt really affect them at all
    i love how they whine when a company tries to make money, keep the whining coming, shows how moronic you are

What are you trying to say? There is nothing in the game that could effect me at all. That you seem to believe there could be something, shows how moronic you are....;-)

Care to tell us why you play the game at all? I mean, it doesn't matter, right? :-P
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-07-13 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

Thank god I unsubbed long ago.
    why do you care about new models if you dont play anymore
    i bet when the new models come out youll whine about them too
    just the way lil bitches like you are, enjoy your shit life

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay to win...what? Did blizzard ever mention any type of ultimate goal? I don't think so.

Keep lying to yourself and believe that stat gear on pet shop will change anything....it's just your personal goal that gets ruined. Just like pet collectors got pissed off, then mount collectors, now dress collectors. As long as they only ruin the goal of one group the others will always say "hey, it's no big deal". Your point is "hey, as long as it's no stat gear it won't matter fpr game balance"...and when we get stat gear they will say "hey, everything else can be bought for real money, so why should stat gear be different...as long as you can get similar gear by raiding."(it's already happening in BMAH, by the way...you just didn't notice).

The strategy is called "Devide&Conquer" and it isn't exactly new.
    The gaping hole in your argument is that if they were to introduce stat gear for money they would be effectively putting themselves out of business. The BMAH (unless you are buying from gold farmers) keeps you in game spending time to at least make gold to buy the stuff with. Gear for money (even if it's raid quality) would be detrimental to the reasons why people run raids to begin with. Whether you like it or not, people run content to get purples..it's the carrot on the stick..been that way for a long time now. They take away the stick and just give you the gear for money, then the content becomes obsolete quicker. If content becomes trivialized, people will become increasingly bored..and leave in droves. It won't matter if they can buy gear at that point, the game will be boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you tyring to say? There is nothing in the game that could effect me at all. That you seem to believe there could be something, shows how moronic you are....;-)
    yeah.......lolololol......ok kid, you keep telling yourself that but your words speak volumes.....lool
    dipshit kid, all that you are

- - - Updated - - -

What are you tyring to say? There is nothing in the game that could effect me at all. That you seem to believe there could be something, shows how moronic you are....;-)

Care to tell us why you play the game at all? I mean, it doesn't matter, right? :-P
    ok, tell me how it matters to you and please tell me what 'tyring' means

I didn't have the heirloom gear in mind. Also, the exp boost is currently envisioned for Asian market, which does not have subs to begin with.
    Yes - they do have subs. Just different model. Still counts as subs. Blizzard could have added this into each pre paid hour card as well as ingame store item. They decided not to do that even tho that would have been a cleaner way to answer the critic that WOW has been getting in Asia. No... they decided to charge players that are already paying pre paid cards extra rather than adjust the experience to more acceptable level for those players.

Asian market is already paying WAY more than US/EU for the game. And Blizzard decides to charge them more.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawati View Post

I guess they have to fix the whole Vivendi situation somehow.

Shame I just resubbed, this is phyiscally disgusting to me. The slippery slope starts here.
    Shouldnt that be the slippery slope started 4 years ago or whenever they released the sparkle pony? Apparently their lube isnt that great, the rate we're going, greens might be on the store in the year 2016!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    The gaping hole in your argument is that if they were to introduce stat gear for money they would be effectively putting themselves out of business. The BMAH (unless you are buying from gold farmers) keeps you in game spending time to at least make gold to buy the stuff with. Gear for money (even if it's raid quality) would be detrimental to the reasons why people run raids to begin with. Whether you like it or not, people run content to get purples..it's the carrot on the stick..been that way for a long time now. They take away the stick and just give you the gear for money, then the content becomes obsolete quicker. If content becomes trivialized, people will become increasingly bored..and leave in droves. It won't matter if they can buy gear at that point, the game will be boring.
    Oh, let's say you buy 10 slots in the pet shop...and cause you got less to do then you will cancel your subscription 3 months earlier(untill next patch)...blizz still gains more money and they don't have to deal with your traffic.
    The carrot on the stick won't be gone as long as you don't put the by far best gear on the shop.

Blizz is calculating if losing players is worth gaining more money by direct transactions. That's why the dead servers have been around for 2-3 years now. Blizz gained more money by paid transfers than they lost due to frustrated players leaving permanently. It's exactly the same thing with the pet shop...
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-07-13 at 05:10 PM.