Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagoex View Post
    ...what they've lost in principle is far more than any monetary gain.
    Hear hear!

Deleted
    Ah, if only WoW were a subscription MMO, we could get these shinies from a neat little quest or as rewards for that boring daily quest grind, or archaeology!

OH! WAIT A MINUTE!

Seriously, it's disgusting that "they are just for looks" is considered a valid excuse for an MMO people pay a subscription for. That's the kind of stuff you see on a F2P game (and there's nothing wrong with that THERE), but here? That's just ridiculous.

Deleted
    But what they've lost in principle is far more than any monetary gain.
    I could not phrase my opinion better than this!
    /bow

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're a bit too bright and flashy for my tastes, and I'm not a fan of helms that cover the entire face though the horns could work with a firelands set or something,
    but I can see people buying them and building a set to match,
    the seesaw and post are interesting but the limited use factor puts me off more than anything, but i guess whoever is willing to buy them won't be as frugal as I.

Aaaaaaaand, unsubscribe.

When they started selling mounts in the store, I was already quite distressed about the trend. This just seals the deal for me. If you want an item store, fine. If you want a mandatory subscription-based game, fine. If you want both, I'm outta here.

From a resource standpoint, these vanity items likely took minimal work - Blizzard stands to make a buck, and it probably didn't take much away from other areas of design. Good for them.

agreed a million times, everytime I get the itch to play wow again, Blizz makes sure to tell me, "Fuck you, consumer". Blizz is my anti wow.

Deleted
    The best part about all of this is people will STILL pay monthly and buy everything that comes out of the store and still moan on the forums. It's amazing what turns people the wrong way

I can't wait to see the sub losses next quarter. Going to be hilarious. /popcorn

Putting in more microtransactions in a game you already pay monthly for. GG blizz. i was okay with pets and mounts, but this is slowly going too far. No props blizzard, no props.

Yes I think this pretty much sums it up. PPL can claim that WOW had micro transactions for years. It didn't have them ingame tho. There is a difference.

The real difference is that now... F2P games are a BETTER option than WOW in many ways. F2P games have the same ingame shop with about the same setup of items that is obviously now planned in WOW. The difference is that you are not FORCED to pay a sub every month to use those items.

Lets put it this way... there is no longer a sub based ONLY MMO game out there. Even WOW now has cash shop that alot of ppl said they would never ever play a game that had such model. Well.. the time is here.

So WOW just took the worst part of F2P and added it to the worst part of Sub based games.

I have now heard from quite a few of the fansite ppl that were in Irvine few weeks back. Most of them agree that ingame shop will be world wide in WOW even as early as end of the year... and none claim it will take more than year from now. The signs are so obvious now that Blizzard is ready to cash in and not only double dip... not only triple dip... but literally suck the market dry as soon as possible.

Its sort a funny... only 2 years back ppl talked bad about F2P games that had ingame micro transactions. Now... those games are actually turning into the good guy when you look what the big daddy sub game is doing. Strange fact... but fact none the less.

Why on earth should a new player buy a box of WOW + the expansions + the sub and then be ready to see a ingame store pop up when they log... When they can just play another MMO game ... totally free with similar cash shop popping up ? The answer is obvious. No one will bother. Blizzard is just milking the old subscribers now. Rest of gamers know what game they should stay miles away from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I can't wait to see the sub losses next quarter. Going to be hilarious. /popcorn
    Wont be hilarious IMO - it will be sad to see the only game that could have kept a good sub model sink this low cause of really bad decisions in the past 4 years.

So next item in the store..... REP boost that gives you faction rep while in dungeons ? Thats my bet.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 10:11 PM.

I guess it's great that these helms ended up in game after all, but..

..Really?

All three helmets are alright; I will buy one or two of them, depending on if I can think of a transmog set they'll suit or not. Here's what a lot of you people sound like however;

Look at these new sandwiches Subway is adding to their menu; how disgusting! Even though I can choose to have another sandwich of my liking, or not have any at all, and the fact that others choosing one of these sandwiches will have no effect on the sandwich I choose in any way, i'm going to boycott Subway because of this and disown anyone who buys one of these new sandwiches!
    When they start selling items on the store that give an actual, in-game advantage get back to me; because that's when I, and most sane people, will concede that the sky is actually falling and that WoW really is becoming a Pay-to-Win game. Until then? No, the sky isn't falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    All three helmets are alright; I will buy one or two of them, depending on if I can think of a transmog set they'll suit or not. Here's what a lot of you people sound like however;

When they start selling items on the store that give an actual, in-game advantage get back to me; because that's when I, and most sane people, will concede that the sky is actually falling and that WoW really is becoming a Pay-to-Win game. Until then? No, the sky isn't falling.
    The sky isn't falling either in most of the micro transaction games that offer the same stuff. The difference is... those games are not charging subs as well. So if WOW intend to keep the current model and add cash shop... the 8 year old game that was loosing 1/3rd of its subs in 2 years... will be loosing even more in the next 2. And no new gamer with half a brain will be touching WOW from now on cause its simply more inconvenient than what other games are offering.

So ... should I now buy GW2 and get new content every two weeks for free... even tho the game has micro transactions... Or should I pay extra in sub for WOW even tho it doesn't add a new 5 man dungeon in the entire expansion I have been paying sub for so far in MOP ? I can't say I will be playing WOW cause it doesn't have ingame cash shop anymore. Thats pretty clear.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 10:27 PM.

This is more entertaining than the CNN comment section. We are going places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The sky isn't falling either in most of the micro transaction games that offer the same stuff. The difference is... those games are not charging subs as well. So if WOW intend to keep the current model and add cash shop... the 8 year old game that was loosing 1/3rd of its subs in 2 years... will be loosing even more in the next 2. And no new gamer with half a brain will be touching WOW from now on cause its simply more inconvenient than what other games are offering.

So ... should I now buy GW2 and get new content every two weeks for free... even tho the game has micro transactions... Or should I pay extra in sub for WOW even tho it doesn't add a new 5 man dungeon in the entire expansion I have been paying sub for so far in MOP ? I can't say I will be playing WOW cause it doesn't have ingame cash shop anymore. Thats pretty clear.
    Do you -ever- take a break? I went to bed for the entire day and had a meal with my family and you are still responding to people with the same exact responses you were posting 10+ hours ago. lol If you are this dedicated about your negative opinions on a video game, should really redirect that passion into something more worthwhile of your time. Speak for yourself, I will still be touching WoW as long as Blizzard continues to pump out heroic raiding content, tier, pvp seasons and new areas/quests to explore. If you people are seriously this bent out of shape over three cosmetic helms (which probably barely took anymore development time than any other gear they have worked on) then Blizzard is better off without your business, imo.

It's all the whiners that are better off unsubbing, Blizzard could cater to gamers who actually appreciate and enjoy the game and don't threaten to leave everytime a ptr patch note or news feed is released. It's absolutely sickening what people are saying in this thread. Instead of threatening to quit the game, stop making empty threats and pull through with it. As a consumer if you are legitimately displeased with their customer service and business practices, you have the right to stop playing and paying. But if you are going to continue to complain and threaten to leave and keep playing the game -- you are sending mixed messages.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Just when you thought this game couldn't go more downhill. Major sub losses inc.

Hypothetically, if the new character models WERE sold on the store would you supporters be okay with that? (they are only cosmetic after all)

Deleted
    It's not really the point that they are only cosmetic, this is a game that people pay for monthly. If they are going to start extra milking with a further pay wall for content no doubt paid for by subscriptions then more people should be annoyed. I mean the Bat mount, how long has Horde been screaming for a Bat mount (Undead/Troll) yet when they add it into the game finally it costs £20 an is available to both factions, da fuq?

If they carry on this way, its a funding model that I don't really want to take part in. It's a shame because aside from the minor class imbalances an QQ its still the best MMO out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised but hey.. Those helmets won't stay too long.. When they start to sell a new mount everyone buy it and a couple of days after they don't used it anymore because they can see it everywhere.

Are you really gonna buy a transmog thing that EVERYONE around you gonna wear ? Maybe but this is a stupid idea !

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Oh and all gear ingame should be grey and square, after all, they are only cosmetic.
    The apologists will just ignore this like they've been doing the entire thread. A few people have already brought this point up, there is no counterargument to it. If tier 17 is just stat gear and the actually tier styles have to be purchased in store they will freak out, thus rendering the pathetic, "it's only cosmetic" argument dead.