Thread: Bli$$ard, staph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather more cool transmog sets be sold at the cash shop and not have development time wasted on heroic/challenge/elite PVP gear for transmog. I want to actually wear it but I don't want to have to waste all that time doing stuff like that to get it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Not a fan of the helms looks, but I want the see saw and hitching post! I'm glad they are adding more vanity stuff to the pet store looking forward to seeing what else there is, will be cheaper than buying loot codes off ebay for sure.

Oh no. Cosmetic items are being sold for cash and have no bearing on the game except possibly RP.

The horror. The horror.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A company making more ways to get money!? What is this madness!?

Am I the only one that likes the tier gear and doesn't like the stuff they are putting on the store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    They are adding more stuff to the Blizz store?? Transmog gear?? Come on now....

Are they actually trying to kill the game off?

I'm calling F2P by chrismas.
    Relax. They're making ~125 million per month off of subs alone. The game will not go free to play any time soon.

If subs still drop after the Warcraft movie comes out, then you can start calling F2P, and that won't be for at least another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Am I the only one that likes the tier gear and doesn't like the stuff they are putting on the store?
    No, you are not. It's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Its a Bleeping company, they are HERE TO MAKE $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Get over it.
    *facepalm*

Way to go, to be an indoctrinated sellout suits you. ggpcp.

ont: OP is 100% right. What they are doing is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Bit hit or miss with the tier, more because I am a bit disappointed that a cloth set actually seems to contain an awful of metal or bone in most tiers rather than looking like, you know actual cloth.
    Then again I am not sure about the looks of those new helms.
    Don't think I like them much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I'd rather more cool transmog sets be sold at the cash shop and not have development time wasted on heroic/challenge/elite PVP gear for transmog. I want to actually wear it but I don't want to have to waste all that time doing stuff like that to get it.
    You seriously think the guys who make the instances and class changes are the same ones who make the tier sets?

Hey if you got the money for it sure be my guest BUT if they start making unappeling gear obtainable ingame and put the very best stuff on the cash shop then we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    OOOOOHHHHHHH I see what you did, you added dollar signs to the name of a company, how clever! You sure are a clever one!
    Btw, the company is called BliZZard, not BliSSard, so it doesn't really work but I'm sure a clever boy like you knew that already.
    Hey cutie, people have been calling it Bli$$ard since the beginning of time, so your pitiful attempt at sarcasm is, well, just that.

- Everyone

*Eyeroll* Definitely not in favor of what Blizzard is doing, but what can I do? Not buying it myself won't change the fact it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Relax. They're making ~125 million per month off of subs alone. The game will not go free to play any time soon.
    They don't make so much from the subs. In 2011 Blizzards net revenue was 1243 Million USD. That was during a time when subs were higher, so no way that they make more money from subs today than 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Noctifer616; 2013-07-13 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    *facepalm*

Way to go, to be an indoctrinated sellout suits you. ggpcp.

ont: OP is 100% right. What they are doing is disgusting.
    Well then why don't you call up Occupy Irvine and set up a love-in or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    They don't make so much from the subs. In 2011 Blizzards net revenue was 1243 Million USD. That was during a time when subs were higher, so no way that they make more money from subs today than 2 years.
    You're right, I realized after I posted that a lot of asian players don't pay monthly fees, so my multiplication was off. That's still not enough impetus for them to drop their sub model though, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    You're right, I realized after I posted that a lot of asian players don't pay monthly fees, so my multiplication was off. That's still not enough impetus for them to drop their sub model though, not by a long shot.
    Of course not. Anyone suggestion that WoW would make more money going free to play rather than take a monthly fee from more than 7 million people isn't right in the head. Like I said before, unless the sub drops below 2 million I don't see them even consider free to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far as everything they sell in the US/EU/Oceanic (i.e., the monthly sub markets) realms is cosmetic, I couldn't give less of a rat's patoot what they toss onto the cash shop. Hell, an ingame cash shop with shit like gametime and everything else you can buy on the web shop would be nice--get a warning that you're low on time, grab a month or two without needing to alt-tab or anything.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Bli$$ard will only ''staph'' if we don't buy shit from the store, then their last choice to keep or bring back subs is to give more (good) content. Sadly this will never happen...

immediate thought when I saw the new items
    "are you fucking kidding me?"

$15/month isn't enough for them to make cool items available in game apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    this game just piss me off more and more each month or 2.

yeah its cosmetic but wtf why can't i who paid per month for the little content we get can't get same shit from shop in game but just more harder to get like all other f2p....shit i mean talk about double dipping.

1 thing for sure they wont released every thing @ once cause once u see everyone around u ingame with that new mount/pet or gear look it would get old fast.
    every time there a new mount in store u see it every where for a week then player feel like sheep and get back to other regular mount.

Bli$$zard is playing with their luck. Their games quality dropped in the last few years, their cash cow is having a very bad moment with 2 weak expansions in a row, it is losing subs fast and they decide to go the "anti-consumerist" road selling boosts, mounts and transmogs? Bad move, bad move. People will get pissed, we already pay a 15$ fee after all.

Deleted
    Last I checked 'Blizzard' didn't contain any 's's. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Its a Bleeping company, they are HERE TO MAKE $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Get over it.
    Also this.