Thread: Ahoo'ru

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ahoo'ru

This encounter is a nightmare. I had a small struggle with Anthracite and Nibbleh, but Ahoo'ru is making my blood boil.

Thamyor's video and Tramposzek's video are the only two videos I've found that have a hunter killing Ahoo'ru. Both of these kills were done with better gear than what I've got equipped right now, as well as before they nerfed Stampede.

I've had attempts where, like Thamyor, I'd come out of P1 at around ~55 to ~57 seconds and even as Beast Mastery, not have the DPS to down him before the enrage timer. I've been using a Core Hound so I can have a Bloodlust, but I'm learning more toward a Spirit Beast for Spirit Mend. I've been doing well when it comes to avoiding the stars in P1, but having to use Deterrence to prevent the application of the DoT via Divine Circle isn't helping my push for a kill when I have to use it, sit a portion of the duration and then cancel once I am out.

I am trying everything I have to push every bit of DPS possible during P2, but even performing a perfect execution in P2 doesn't get me enough to snag a kill. There's never anyone in the Brawl'gar Arena for decent buffs, so I'm usually left to my own devices. Nobody in my guild wants to just hang out in the Brawl'gar Arena and give me buffs, either, and I suppose I don't blame them.

At the moment, I'm either hoping to end the angel phase significantly earlier than 1:00min on the enrage, or wait until 5.4 and see what happens. It's a bit demoralizing, to be quite honest; to have come so far and be absolutely stuck on the last encounter.

If glyph of mirrored blades still reflects the ball damage in the last phase, you can try that. Either run through them all while in deterrence or wait for them to close in on you and then deterrence.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    If glyph of mirrored blades still reflects the ball damage in the last phase, you can try that. Either run through them all while in deterrence or wait for them to close in on you and then deterrence.
    From what I understand, that has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    From what I understand, that has been fixed.
    Then your best bet would to try to get as many buffs as possible and try to be as fast as you can in the first phase. It has to be fluid, after you kill the first one, position yourself so that you can easily run to the second one and when the first one charges run to the second one. Then basically repeat it for the third one. The next phase, depending on how fast you are you can completely ignore the ball mechanic by running through the hole or if your pet can get aggro (I did this early on when the brawlers guild was released, so it might've changed) it will just put all the balls on your pet. If not you will have to eat at least one each time. Try to only get one if you do this though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Then your best bet would to try to get as many buffs as possible and try to be as fast as you can in the first phase. It has to be fluid, after you kill the first one, position yourself so that you can easily run to the second one and when the first one charges run to the second one. Then basically repeat it for the third one. The next phase, depending on how fast you are you can completely ignore the ball mechanic by running through the hole or if your pet can get aggro (I did this early on when the brawlers guild was released, so it might've changed) it will just put all the balls on your pet. If not you will have to eat at least one each time. Try to only get one if you do this though.
    I've been improving when it comes to the angel phase. I usually go for another one as the first angel dies, which can usually cause issues with my placement and the angels not ascending to the heavens over Ahoo'ru, so to speak.

I'll see what I can do about getting as many buffs as possible, though I'd imagine I'll have to go through the hills and valleys to have my guild mates come join me or hope there's enough of a diverse class selection in the Brawl'gar Arena.

I'm not sure that having Divine Circle enclose around pets works anymore. I had Ahoo'ru targeting my pet at one point, and he simply turned around and cast Divine Circle on me. Originally, I was using Detterence, running to and through the orbs, then cancelling it. It might be worth waiting until the orbs get closer and then using Deterrence to get through them. The risk is that the timing could be rather sensitive, but maybe it would buy me more time and allow a few precious seconds of DPS before I'm forced to use Deterrence.

I've managed to kill Ahoo'ru exactly 5 hours ago.It's an annoying fight really,tried so many stuff on him.I was playing BM when i got the kill.I had flask,food buff,agi pots and used a spirit beast.As for the talents it doesn't really matter i think as long as you pick spirit bond.Well maybe blink strike can cause your pet to get aggro and waste a charge if you can't control it at the first phase.Dps requirement for the fight is like 125k or something afaik.If you can manage that just try to hasten the first part of the fight and you should be fine..
    Also I recommend using Misdirection glyph so when you dispell his bubble you can just FD and MD to your pet.
    Good luck!

PS:528ilv

I keep having problems with the angels landing right on Ahoo'ru and not removing a stack of his bubble. Once I finally get past that part, I have trouble getting my pet to attack Ahoo'ru. He seems to want to run around and joust him with claw and not autoattack. Just had a 1 mil hp wipe because my pet did fuck-all most of the fight, a whopping 20k dps from it at the end.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I keep having problems with the angels landing right on Ahoo'ru and not removing a stack of his bubble. Once I finally get past that part, I have trouble getting my pet to attack Ahoo'ru. He seems to want to run around and joust him with claw and not autoattack. Just had a 1 mil hp wipe because my pet did fuck-all most of the fight, a whopping 20k dps from it at the end.
    I am running into a bug where he casts complete heal 3 times in a row (presumably he'd keep spamming.. I just couldn't interrupt 3 in a row)

First one I silence shotted.

Second one I scattered

But 3rd one goes off, it's a bit ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong, why is he spamming complete heal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    I am running into a bug where he casts complete heal 3 times in a row (presumably he'd keep spamming.. I just couldn't interrupt 3 in a row)

Second one I scattered

But 3rd one goes off, it's a bit ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong, why is he spamming complete heal ?
    Also had this bug once. Fortunately next try was as it should. He casted it only once. So keep trying and it will be fine
    I did it as BM with around 525ilv and only food and flask no raid buffs. Took 2 angels at once in first phase and the 3rd one very fast. As soon as second phase started BL, Stampede etc. Deterrence when you need to run out to not get the debuff. Thats all.

Personally the extra boss from archaeology was more difficult ;]

GL

Did this fight at 520 ilv. I put my pet on passive so that it doesn't run all over the place when i cast kill command. Turn on Growl, use the mend pet glyph (that heals for more), and m/d glyph. Use Spirit Bond instead of iron hawk. As the balls pop I make them appear, m/d to pet and have it attack it then position it back to middle, kill first add while searching for next add. Rinse and repeat for first phase. I use glaive toss and dire beast in this phase, no other cds though, and I do pre-pot, it's pretty important I think. Remember to use mend pet sparingly during this phase, I don't know if the pet takes damage from the balls or if it's from the adds themselves but mine wasn't really taking all that damage and I didn't use any defensive cds on it, just a mend pet here and there.

For p2, for the kill I actually had my pet tanking him the whole time and taking the divine circles as well and I just kept it up with mend pet, and i think it started hurting after the 2nd and that's when i just took aggro myself and popped deterrence to negate the debuff. I don't want to say I 100% remember how much time I had left but during all my attempts I was consistently entering p2 with about 50 seconds left. Other than that you know the deal, pot and pop all your cds.

I didn't have buffs or food or flask, just brawler's potion.

I just want to say, 75% of my wipes were from adds bugging out on the sides or just randomly falling through the floor, and the thing about this fight that makes it so tightly tuned, waiting those 3-4 seconds for the ball to get out of the sides is wasted seconds, it really is =/

Oh I forgot to add, I used a corehound. If you need spirit beast for spirit mend you need to practice more. Using focus for that is wasted dps, and every bit counts. Also if you do it the way I did it, other than getting hit in the 1st phase you won't need any self heals other than the ones you're getting from spirit bond.

Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post

Second one I scattered

Scatter Shot doesn't have a silence. Any stuns, disorient that would cause his cast to be interrupted, he'll just cast it again right after. Now if you're running into the problem where he's casting the 2nd one before your silencing shot cd is up, then idk.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2013-07-14 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Assuming they fixed it the same way they did with grounding totem reflection, it's been fixed for about 4 weeks now unfortunately, which made doing Ahooru in 500ilvl even more of a cockblock.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the last couple days, I've come to the conclusion that this encounter needs some work. I've set Ahoo'ru as my focus target to watch his stacks through P1, and I've counted how many angels I've had ascend over him. In one particular attempt, I had two angels charge and ascend directly over him but only one shield was removed. I've even had a perfect P1, where I managed to kill three angels with 1:06 on the clock, and there were still two shield remaining on him. On all of my attempts, I've had the angels ascend over top of him. Not off to the side, not in the corners; directly over top of him.

During attempts where I made it to P2, I tried to find ways around Divine Circle or just ways to figure out how to either heal that damage or completely negate it. The best way to do it is to just use Deterrence and run through Divine Circle, but it must be done in such a way that you lose only about a global and that you not sit in Deterrence very long. As I mentioned earlier in my post, I waited until Divine Circle came very close to closing, and then I used Deterrence, ran through and cancelled it. I was in Deterrence for an incredibly short period of time, but this strategy has it's own risks. During one of my attempts following that same strategy, he actually knocked me back through two orbs in Divine Circle, which essentially cost me a kill.

Something I noticed today was a Warlock making attempts on Ahoo'ru. He managed to get Ahoo'ru to focus his pet, which actually made Ahoo'ru cast Divine Circle on his pet rather than the Warlock himself, something I had previously thought wasn't possible. Once P2 starts, I have issues getting my pet to obtain and hold aggro, even with Glyph of Misdirection and turning on Growl. Using Feign Death and waiting for my pet to get aggro will cost me some downtime, and I've had issues with Feign Death, where I'd use it and it would go on cooldown, but not actually fake my death.

As it stands, it's a little bit of a gear problem and a lack of buffs. I've tried to get people from my guild and even trade chat, but nobody seems to care. Right now, I'm essentially waiting until 5.4. It's pathetic, really, and it angers me, but I can't think of anything else. The level of RNG in this encounter is also making this quite the nightmare.

i don't see how your having a problem getting pet aggro on him, i don't think i even had growl on when i did ahoo'ru my pet had no problem with keeping threat, i do hope you are BM , i did it at around 522 ilvl without knowing about the orb reflect.
    Last edited by Gungrave; 2013-07-14 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    i don't see how your having a problem getting pet aggro on him, i don't think i even had growl on when i did ahoo'ru my pet had no problem with keeping threat, i do hope you are BM , i did it at around 522 ilvl without knowing about the orb reflect.
    I seem to kill the angels a lot faster as Survival during P1. As Beast Mastery, I always have to make sure that I deal enough damage to an angel before I Kill Command one of them, or my pet will end up taking aggro which usually results in a misplaced charge from one of the angels. It's sort of similar to Nibbleh, where I actually had to wait until the use of a second Bestial Wrath before I could safely send my pet in.

I've been doing it as both, but my recent attempts have been at Beast Mastery.

Edit; I am still having issues with the death of the angels not removing his shield stacks. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by reuva; 2013-07-15 at 12:57 AM.

I, too, have problems with angels not removing stacks. They're landing right on him and doing nothing about half the time.

Had to stop for now, the queue got to be ridiculous.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

On my second and last attempt I have spent first silence on non Complete Heal cast because of panic and mob have cast Complete Heal two times. Wipe.
    Little question here: does Frag Belt prevent casting Complete Heal? Or work like scatter and mob cast heal again?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    I seem to kill the angels a lot faster as Survival during P1. As Beast Mastery, I always have to make sure that I deal enough damage to an angel before I Kill Command one of them, or my pet will end up taking aggro which usually results in a misplaced charge from one of the angels. It's sort of similar to Nibbleh, where I actually had to wait until the use of a second Bestial Wrath before I could safely send my pet in.

I've been doing it as both, but my recent attempts have been at Beast Mastery.

Edit; I am still having issues with the death of the angels not removing his shield stacks. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    I'm assuming you didn't read what I wrote at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    As the balls pop I make them appear, m/d to pet and have it attack it then position it back to middle, kill first add while searching for next add. Rinse and repeat for first phase.

I probably had alot better gear than you, buuut I even missed an angel on my kill a while back.

http://www.twitch.tv/hoofey/c/2369990

Although I did rank 1-10 in a day and only had like 5 attempts on this guy before I killed it, so not sure what you're doing wrong! It was kinda late aswell so wasnt even sure what I was doing, but im pretty sure the song made all the difference!

So my tip is...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T37eZ55Hcmc

10+ Year Old Account
    for the buffs problem at least for the first few mins, before pulling. Pull your pet out buff yourself with your 3-4 buffs from pets ( via calling em out , buff then dismiss ) repeat. when all buffs are applied - pre pot then pull. that should boost your dps in p1.

Deleted
    Your gear is better than what most of us had when they put out those additional two ranks so don't blame it on your ilvl. I was buffing myself with all pets and also unequipping then requipping my shado-pan rep trinket right before I got in so it procs in the last minute. Killed him as SV and never thought about giving up untill I kill it. Also try spawning 2 at a time then dps em while you chase the 3rd and make em charge THROUGH the boss instead of on him.