Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wow is a business.

get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey we could have had new 5 man dungeons, but the artists were too busy designing gear and sparkly ponies for the item store. I wonder where they start cutting corners next so they can create more items for their item store.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    They already do this. It's called an expansion pack. I don't have Mists of Pandaria, and because of that I can't go to Pandaria. I can't go to Thunder Isle, or Timeless Isle either. This is perfectly fine, because I acknowledge that this is content that is inaccessible because it is intentionally exclusive for the expansion.

So would you make the argument that expansions shouldn't be made because you're paying $15 a month already?
    I already dealt with the expansion argument here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post21742245

I would also add to that link, that because expansions bring a mass of content, raises the level cap, and "resets" progression, it is a massive paradigm shift in which the new expansion becomes "the game", and past expansions no longer matter. So expansions costs more money to make and are not cosmetic microtransactions.

The question I asked above is what is the limit of cosmetic microtransactions. Therefore, the fact that you talked about expansions means that you've dodged the question, because expansions are not cosmetic microtransactions.

So again I ask, what is the limit of cosmetic microtransactions?

Are exclusive cosmetic zones (Darkmoon Island) and even cosmetic continents acceptable?

What if the main city in the continent of the next expansion had $25 entry fee with the caveat that all quest givers are outside. Thus the city is cosmetic, because you can continue to use SW and Org for mail, AH, trade chat, etc. Is this OK too?
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-07-14 at 02:19 PM.

Ewww 67 pages for 1 XP potion, 3 transmog helms a temporary mount and a seesaw... No, I don't get it sorry. You should all go to a psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Torbjorn View Post
    Ewww 67 pages for 1 XP potion, 3 transmog helms a temporary mount and a seesaw... No, I don't get it sorry. You should all go to a psychiatrist.
    Because you aren't paying attention. (Most) people aren't complaining about these particular items. It is the implication of where it is potentially leading and how it will affect things in the (possibly very near) future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Because you aren't paying attention. (Most) people aren't complaining about these particular items. It is the implication of where it is potentially leading and how it will affect things in the (possibly very near) future.
    All things in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    YOU DON'T "HAVE TO" DO SHIT. They are optional and have no effect on gameplay mechanics. Blizzard could sell a bag of turds as a helmet for $500 and as long as you had the option not to buy, you would be exactly 0% worse off than if the item never existed.
    This was entirely unnecessary? When I say you have to pay real money for them, it means "IF YOU WANT THIS ITEM, YOU HAVE TO PAY".
    It does not mean "omg everybody has to get these items qq they cost real money but I HAVE to get it". I'm fully aware it's optional. Having to pay real money means if I want it (which I don't) I would have to spend my real money, not in-game currency.
    Maybe try reading in context next time you decide to post omg giant words to make a "point" that isn't even valid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...if it leads to the "evil" things that people predict in 2 years..why not worry then?

I mean...fair enough, you can protest, complain, make threats...but what threats can you really make? You can say you disagree 100% because you are also 100% certain it does't stop with pets and mounts but will be expanded to items with stats - and you can either continue to play or stop.

I know that you guys hate the "then stop playing" suggestion so much. But honestly..what else can you do? You can do business with Blizzard or not. As long as you only protest and threaten but still pay...I mean..what signal does that send to Blizzard? "Oh this guy is really unhappy but he sends us money every month..wh ho ho"

Am I the only one who things this is such an impotent move to just jabber on an unofficial forum?
    Kinda agree with you, still remember pre-WoLTK Paladins were a tad overpowered (my main was a paladin and there was feedback to Blizzard from paladins that we were too good). Blizzard ignored our pleas and instead came up with the 'it will balance out at 80'

Then it turned out it was just as bad at 80 and they decided to nerf us accordingly. Don't even get started on the 'Resilience will fix it' joke

There is not much we can do but wait and see

Remember the announcement to put our real names with our forum posts? Do you also remember when enough people cried about it what happened? They never did it. So yes tell Blizzard how you feel in a non threatening way is not a waste of time like some of the drooling ass kissing Blizzard diehards have said in this post. Continue to pay for your sub and letting Blizzard know you are not happy with something is an effective way to change something.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz needs more money to make the next blizz mmo even better, so keep buying this crap people. I want a better blizz mmo, but im not buying this store crap.

Deleted
    If they actually invest the gained money from the transmog selling into the game I would have no issue. But with a game in this state they should not even charge the game time until they fix it.

Oh please, people were screaming about the implications years ago when the store opened, and yet everything on the Blizzard store is still purely cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    If they actually invest the gained money from the transmog selling into the game I would have no issue. But with a game in this state they should not even charge the game time until they fix it.
    How very constructive of you. Which parts of the game are in need of fixing? Because as far as I can tell the content Blizzard has been putting out recently is some of the best I have seen from them. Even entry level pvp has become more enjoyable with the resilience and conquest catchup changes. Also, Blizz themselves said that they have been expanding the dev team, with the Titan team fragmenting earlier and their mention of putting out both new raids and dungeons.
    Last edited by Notos; 2013-07-14 at 03:54 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Oh please, people were screaming about the implications years ago when the store opened, and yet everything on the Blizzard store is still purely cosmetic.

How very constructive of you. Which parts of the game are in need of fixing? Because as far as I can tell the content Blizzard has been putting out recently is some of the best I have seen from them. Even entry level pvp has become more enjoyable with the resilience and conquest catchup changes. Also, Blizz themselves said that they have been expanding the dev team, with the Titan team fragmenting earlier and their mention of putting out both new raids and dungeons.
    In those years time there were just pets and mounts. Now in one single week we have Xmog items, XP pots and Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

You're being overly apologistic about this. I understand, Blizzard is probably your favourite producer or you feel like you have to defend them, but really.. you dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games are the most self righteous people on Earth. Really? This is not a big deal at all.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I also feel frustrated with this new "pet" store. If they are going to make awesome gear pieces for transmog, can they at least make them in the game instead of dumping more resources into something they will make money off of? I get it, they are running a business, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Especially after the discussion of palette and choice colors for MoP gear and how less "flashy" gear is these days VS BC and even, to a lesser degree, Wrath.

Even SWTOR has a better cash shop than this obvious cash grab. Blizz is a business, and no one is faulting them for it, but maybe go the SWTOR route and make the items Bind on Equip so the sub players can buy them in game without spending cash? Without that option that SWTOR provides, adding this shop on top of a sub is too obvious of a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    In those years time there were just pets and mounts. Now in one single week we have Xmog items, XP pots and Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

You're being overly apologistic about this. I understand, Blizzard is probably your favourite producer or you feel like you have to defend them, but really.. you dont.
    So? More cosmetic items and boosts. There has been a 300% xp boost in the game for a long time called recruit-a-friend. I've used it myself to fast-track leveling some alts; you pay them money and you increase your leveling speed. Blizzard is giving people a more direct way to accomplish that, and there's nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not being apologetic, I'm trying to explain to the people who are irrational and blowing this out of proportion that there is not a chance in hell that the store expansion will make this game pay to win. Blizzard will never sell endgame gear on it. The only MMO to come out recently that is pay to win is Neverwinter, and even they are reverting that by making endgame gear bop instead of boe. As far as I'm concerned Blizzard is finally catching up with the times, since its store has been woefully lacking compared to contemporary MMOs like GW2, Tera, and SWtOR.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Am I the only one who things this is such an impotent move to just jabber on an unofficial forum?
    RealID was shot-down due to public outcry. It can't stop everything, but it can have an impact.

RealID was shot-down due to public outcry. It can't stop everything, but it can have an impact.
    yes but the outcry was...
    1 much bigger.
    2 was on the OFFICIAL forums a lot more then the complaints about this are.
    3 had a valid reason of security and privacy rather then people just not liking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspyn View Post
    I also feel frustrated with this new "pet" store. If they are going to make awesome gear pieces for transmog, can they at least make them in the game instead of dumping more resources into something they will make money off of? I get it, they are running a business, but it just doesn't sit right with me. Especially after the discussion of palette and choice colors for MoP gear and how less "flashy" gear is these days VS BC and even, to a lesser degree, Wrath.
    something they will make money off of
    you seem to imply they don't make money off the game too? also odds are if it these were not made the "resources" wouldn't have been used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    So? More cosmetic items and boosts. There has been a 300% xp boost in the game for a long time called recruit-a-friend. I've used it myself to fast-track leveling some alts; you pay them money and you increase your leveling speed. Blizzard is giving people a more direct way to accomplish that, and there's nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not being apologetic, I'm trying to explain to the people who are irrational and blowing this out of proportion that there is not a chance in hell that the store expansion will make this game pay to win. Blizzard will never sell endgame gear on it. The only MMO to come out recently that is pay to win is Neverwinter, and even they are reverting that by making endgame gear bop instead of boe. As far as I'm concerned Blizzard is finally catching up with the times, since its store has been woefully lacking compared to contemporary MMOs like GW2, Tera, and SWtOR.
    You aren't seeing that there is something wrong with a game that has a Subscription to have a Store that rivals FREE TO PLAY or BUY TO PLAY games?

You ARE being an apologist.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2013-07-14 at 04:50 PM.