Page 1 of 68
... LastLast

Transmogable gear added to in game store, sigh - here were go...

http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..

How is it any different from mounts and pets? I honestly don't see what the problem is.
    The gear doesn't help you in any way shape or form.
    What is the problem?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How is it any different from mounts and pets? I honestly don't see what the problem is.
    The gear doesn't help you in any way shape or form.
    What is the problem?
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest. if they just keep it with these sort of items, and no things that can influence game play then im fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    No it's not. None of the gear you listed will be available for purchase.

Just like how the mounts and pets on the store do not negate the ones in the game that require effort to get.

Deleted
    Probably the fact that blizzard are being money hungry again and would rather make amazing looking helms which people can buy rather than just put the ideas into the next tier sets....

IMO, blizzard should have just added these as the new tier set helms for DK, Warr and Pala... enough of this "oh buy this on the store"... money hungry..

honestly? i wouldn't give a shit. i actually, i probably would care a little... but only enough to enjoy the sweet sweet tears of those who would cry over it.

i like it really. less work i have to do to look awesome, the better. buy my cool looking stuff in about a minute, maybe two minutes. then i'm mogged and ready to roll. do stuff that actually matters instead of spending ages farming old ass shit that ain't even needed anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far as everything they sell in the US/EU/Oceanic (i.e., the monthly sub markets) realms is cosmetic, I couldn't give less of a rat's patoot what they toss onto the cash shop. Hell, an ingame cash shop with shit like gametime and everything else you can buy on the web shop would be nice--get a warning that you're low on time, grab a month or two without needing to alt-tab or anything.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

All of those gear you listed are only in game and you can't get them anywhere else. Everything being added to the store is only in the store and wasn't taken from the game.
    So I'll ask again, what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No it's not. None of the gear you listed will be available for purchase.

Just like how the mounts and pets on the store do not negate the ones in the game that require effort to get.
    Who said anything about negating? Every mount or pet from the store could've been a rare drop/spawn in game. It SHOULD have been, because it's from the subscription that they pay for the development of such things. Same with cosmetic armor now. It could have been a rare drop, or something that you can achieve by doing something hard. It should have been. Is it, though? Seems not. Seems subscription pays them to develop things that ALSO cost money.

And you didn't answer the question.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-07-13 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Probably the fact that blizzard are being money hungry again and would rather make amazing looking helms which people can buy rather than just put the ideas into the next tier sets....

IMO, blizzard should have just added these as the new tier set helms for DK, Warr and Pala... enough of this "oh buy this on the store"... money hungry..
    I think they should've implemented this a while ago. There's nothing 'bad' or 'money hungry' about a business offering optional services to their customers at an additional cost. It's a pretty clean and intelligent business practice.

What I do agree with you on though is that T16 is arguably the worst raid set (maybe 2nd to T9) and at the same time they release buyable transmog gear on the Blizzard store. It could just be a coincidence, but I hope it's not the start of an awful pattern of making all of the in-game rewards pale in comparison to what you can buy. (Even though it would benefit me a lot since I have more money than time to spend - just wouldn't think it would be good for the playerbase overall.)

Some people are really awful at applying logical and rational thought to things like this.
    This post is a great example of not thinking before saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    All of those gear you listed are only in game and you can't get them anywhere else. Everything being added to the store is only in the store and wasn't taken from the game.
    So I'll ask again, what is the problem?
    Answer my question first.

Can't see the problem. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Who said anything about negating? Every mount or pet from the store could've been a rare drop/spawn in game. It SHOULD have been, because it's from the subscription that they pay for the development of such things. Same with cosmetic armor now. It could have been a rare drop, or something that you can achieve by doing something hard. It should have been. Is it, though? Seems not. Seems subscription pays them to develop things that ALSO cost money.
    Who are you to dictate what an item should or shouldn't have been? I don't agree with you at all.

Your question was illogical and stupid so I skipped it. You assume that items in game would be put up in the shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    cry more about it then. its THEIR GAME and they aare a PUBLICLY TRADED company. they need to make as much money as they can because thats why you even have a company, and thats why their shareholders(who like it or not mean a hell of a lot more than your oppinions) bought stock in the first place so stop complaining about cosmetic items that effect you in no way.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Some people are really awful at applying logical and rational thought to things like this.

This post is a great example of not thinking before saying something.
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?

Way to be stupid and not read my post right. Think before you say, as you were.

But there are already rare drops for pets and mounts in the game. More keep being added and even more will be added in the future.. There's also far more transmog only gear in the game than has been announced for the store.

But the way your post was worded made it sound as if gear that was available through effort in the game was being made purchasable on the store when that is clearly not the case.
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?
    But there are sets of transmog gear available in the game, and ONLY in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show me a link to the Golden King warrior Challenge Mode set? 'Cause, man, I'd love to get that set through the cash shop.

Except it's not there. What will be there are three unrelated helmets that were just sitting in the game files since 5.2. You're drawing up a false equivalency to try to make your position seem more tenable.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!