Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    honestly? i wouldn't give a shit. i actually, i probably would care a little... but only enough to enjoy the sweet sweet tears of those who would cry over it.

i like it really. less work i have to do to look awesome, the better. buy my cool looking stuff in about a minute, maybe two minutes. then i'm mogged and ready to roll. do stuff that actually matters instead of spending ages farming old ass shit that ain't even needed anymore.
    You got spoiled too much, you have no idea what MMORPG means.

Deleted
    As long as they won't sell all cool looking mounts (I'm looking at you, bat and heart of the aspects) in the store then I'm fine with it. I really hated it when we got a lame drake alexstrasza remake on DS x3 instead of heart of the aspects ._.

or at least make the mounts BoE... same way they did with guardian cub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Dont people get it? The more people buy "the useless stuffs" the higher the chance the game will become p2win..
    I'm not expecting a response to this, but... explain to me how yet another cosmetic addition to something that has only ever had cosmetic additions suddenly spells "P2win" on the horizon? Bearing in mind that for the last... five-ish... years where these cosmetic items have been around, p2win has yet to come about?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Ok I quit game now thanks for this. Damn you, OP!

I want them to finally sell a mount named Invisible, which just has the character in a sitting position floating through the air on nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I want them to finally sell a mount named Invisible, which just has the character in a sitting position floating through the air on nothing.
    Silly, the Lich King already drops that mount
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    The TCG items weren't put on an inexhaustible shelf for everybody and their mother to pick up. There was a finite quantity of them available, which actually made them VANITY items. With these store items there will come a point where they will be shunned by everybody because everybody will have them, thus effectively ruining the point of the exercise, at which point people will realize they were manipulated and say to themselves: "why did I buy this again?"
    Which is their problem then - because this is absolutely to be expected.
    However, with the TCG, you still pay RL money to get a vanity item which isn't available ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Jokes... lost on 90% of the mmo champion community
    All of your posts in this thread are something between nonsense and a joke, since they lack any ties to actual business models, the ways companies decide what to invest in (years ahead) or even what is going to be healthy for a product (be it a game or not).

WoW is "bleeding" money over the past year or two - and no amount of new content is going to bring it up to 12 million subbers.
    You can expect it to keep dropping still simply because the old players are gone and the new players don't want to commit to high end raiding and difficult stuff.
    The only way blizz can keep WoW at it's quality level is by adding alternate money making methods, like this one.
    Without them, WoW would end up having such horrible bugg-filled content like SWToR has.

These store implementations were OBVIOUSLY coming when they opened this store years ago.
    If you did not see them incoming then that is your problem, but if you think that they are going to be wrong for the game's development - then that is truly unfortunate and shortsighted.
    Either way i can't be arsed to try and explain simple and obvious things to random strangers more than 2 or 3 times. If you understand, great - if not, go collect shrubberies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Who the hell cares? Do fewer or more people having to pay real life money that, eventually, finds its way back to Blizzard anyway, change the fact that art assets were contributed specifically to an item not obtainable in-game?
    Why not contribute art assets to everybody that plays and indeed pays for the development the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Why not contribute art assets to everybody that plays and indeed pays for the development the game?
    Dunno, but they've been doing it since Burning Crusade, so the "recent" outrage regarding it is fairly unjustified...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I'm not expecting a response to this, but... explain to me how yet another cosmetic addition to something that has only ever had cosmetic additions suddenly spells "P2win" on the horizon? Bearing in mind that for the last... five-ish... years where these cosmetic items have been around, p2win has yet to come about?
    Well i guess youre right.

But the day a +100% honor reward for a BG comes out is the day i smile.

I don't think that they can keep wow running on the pet store alone.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Guess more people have "deep" enough pockets to shell out $5 than those who want to raid heroic bosses etc.

Also, how are those things different from the TCG stuff? I mean...you don't really think that a lot of people owning this things actually collected card boosters until they got it, do you?
    TCG has much worse mounts and mostly reskins, pet store mounts have different models than anything else in game... look at heart of the aspects/bat.

And I'm sure most people are upset because this will probably effect the quality of rewards in game, I mentioned earlier that the DS drop/glory mounts were RESKINS of old drakes while the glorious and cool looking Heart of the aspects was a pet store mount. Same with 5.2... ToT glory mount is really ugly, (something kinda new but still ugly as hell) while the bat mount is amazing.

Now they will do the same for the gear, look at all these ugly sets they made for t16, then look at that epic Ice crown. Why should we pay extra for cool looking stuff if we don't want to look ugly as hell in game? We pay them to make a better game for us, not to charge us extras... plus the game store may work for other games but that's because they are F2P, while their subscription gives the subscribers a "loyalty" sort of bonus that gives them every month a currency which can purchase these unobtainable items... I bet bli$$ard won't even do that.

If you deny all this then I'm sure there is no point in having an argument with you anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-07-13 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    TCG has much worse mounts and mostly reskins, pet store mounts have different models than anything else in game... look at heart of the aspects/bat.
    Of course this is a matter of opinion...but I still think the spectral tiger and the rooster look way better than any store mount.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-13 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    All of the TCG mounts are new models, except for the mottled drake, camel, and raptor. The rockets were even new skeletons. And last I checked, you can't obtain a Rhinoceros or rooster mount anywhere in game, by any means.

Also, the bat is... a bat. It's cleaned and polished a bit, but it's a bat.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do understand the criticisms about this model but I played LoTRO before WOW and to be honest, the store was always unintrusive to me. OK, there are some cool things on the store but you don't have to buy them if you personally feel that you disagree with the whole setup. If you don't fancy grinding or trawling through content you've farmed years earlier, buy some transmogs, look cool! But as someone who transmogs I must say that it's gutting to have great looking gear that isn't pushing the max item level. That's still gonna be the key to top tier content and a few store items aren't going to change that. And you know what? Call me crazy but I want Blizzard to make more money. I enjoy their games and I'd like to think that the extra revenue will help fund better products in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, but they've been doing it since Burning Crusade, so the "recent" outrage regarding it is fairly unjustified...
    In spite of the fact that I strongly oppose the issue presented in this thread, I do believe that these helms looks fantastic. Imagine an entire DK set themed like the frost helmet - it would look SICK. A set that could have been available ingame and actually be admired.

Because "good looking" is not the only thing that defines gear as "the best." Good looking gear can sometimes be useless, or poorly stated. Yet it still looks cool. Gear can look cool, but not be "the best." Just like when previously cool gear gets replaced by gear that's better than it.

And some people might think cool looking gear looks stupid. It's all subjective. Which is not a reasonable metric to say "this is what you can and can't do with your art assets, blizzard"
    Yes it's subjective, but there's always been (and still is) an effort to make the tier sets at least flashier than the quest greens. You obviously replace some cool gear with rather plain stuff when you level, but there's always an expectation to look good again once you get back to end-game content. With transmogging it's a moot point anyway, as you can just keep wearing that once-acquired cool gear till end times. Gear as a show of in-game accomplishment hasn't gone anywhere because there's been a few gear resets.

Whether you like them or not, these helmets have the look and feel of expansion-ending tier gear, given the unique models, amounts of detail and particle effects. Conventionally these would've been a reward for doing something awesome.

I'm not one to criticize how Blizzard uses it's art assets. As far as I've seen the new raid tier is looking good just as well. They're not stupid - they understand that motivating people to consume new content is a high priority. I just personally preferred it when you, at the bare minimum, needed some patience with RNG to look good, and you could always tell when someone put a little effort in their looks. Right now you can obviously tell these helmets from a mile away, but if (and when) they add more cosmetic armor, the lines are going to get blurry on who bought their looks and who played for them.

Anyway now I need to get going and I've pretty much explained my point of view as elaborately as I can. In hindsight I probably should've been more verbose in my original post.

Deleted
    These new helms look better than most of the stuff we see dropping from bosses today though :/ Not to mention they're shiny and have nice effects.

How come we need to pay for these, when they could just implement them into a tier set?

Everyone is moaning about how dull and awful the artwork for gear has gotten recently, and then we see these new helms which look pretty badass, but they're only for sale with real life money. A lot of people would complain less if they were available in game, and Blizz added new pets or something else instead to buy from the pet store.

I wonder if MMO Moderators ever see a new news post on the front page and go, "Oh Lord, how many threads am I going to have to heavily monitor/lock today?"

Edit: And players have been paying for extra content since day one. Does "Collector's Edition" ring a bell to anyone?