Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    It would suck if it was the same set or similar looking sets. However, most people I know vendor their challenge mode sets for the 200g. Almost everyone I know did it for the achievements, the mount, and/or the teleport spell. I know of no one that did it to transmog.

Actually, let me rephrase that, I know of nobody who would do it for the transmog that is able to do it without being carried. The fashionista crowd and the min/max crowd don't really overlap.

As for selling virtual fashion for real currency, I really couldn't be bothered to care. If people want to pay money to gain a non-advantage in a virtual world, so be it.

Regarding monetization models, what's the big deal? The purpose of the store-bought stuff is to give customers multiple price points. The purpose of multiple price points is to capture consumer surplus. All companies either do it or want to do it. The only difference here is that Blizzard is not offering a price point below $12 a month.

It almost seem like that most of the people complaining don't actually have a wow sub and are just not happy that their favorite failing MMO couldn't do it. This is kind of funny, as you dont usually hear this in other industries. You don't see VISA customers complaining about AmEx's annual fees on top of the larger % cut they take on purchases. You don't see McDonald customers calling people who dine at steakhouses 'chumps'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The items are cosmetic and optional. They don't invalidate any gear in game, much the same way as sparklepony doesn't invalidate Invincible. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Its simple.

Seriously, if this kind of thing makes you angry enough to bitch and whine in a public forum, you probably need professional help.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I read right in how these work, being available to all characters, i hope this foreshadows cross realm heirlooms. Or perhaps i misunderstood

Deleted
    I'm guessing once you buy it one will be sent to each character, so cross realm will be no issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The items are cosmetic and optional. They don't invalidate any gear in game, much the same way as sparklepony doesn't invalidate Invincible. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Its simple.

Seriously, if this kind of thing makes you angry enough to bitch and whine in a public forum, you probably need professional help.
    'Oh I hear the Nazi's are making camps, I don't care im not a jew.'

Infracted: Please post constructively in the future. Comparing the Blizzard store to anything that has to do with the Nazis and their historical treatment of Jews is inappropriate. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-14 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Really?! Really? You have to be kidding me.

You still have no point. Just wanted to point that out.

NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.
    There might be players who care about aesthetics more than stats, but I'm afraid that that represents a very small amount of players, and inside that set is a smaller set that will like or care about these store costumes, and inside that set is a smaller set of people who would be angry about paying. Besides, for most fashionistas, price tag is positively correlated with desirability. I don't know of any business who run on a principle of saving fashionistas money.

As for "continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability", I'm pretty sure that that means you don't actually play WoW. High end raiding as only gotten harder and harder every patch and every expansion (with the exception of naxx 25 and dragon soul).

About "double-dipping", fashion is for the vain, not the cheap. It also means that it is very difficult for people who don't care about fashion to sympathize with your supposed 'plight'.

Deleted
    Don't you already pay for the game's content and new, updated content by way of monthly fee?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..
    I'd be fine if transmogable items that I wanted could be bought, No joke $5 here and there to look the way I want to look vs 50k in game for the same set. Sign me up right now please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

You are not being cremated alive in an oven, you are complaining about having to pay extra for a status good inside a virtual world that doesn't even have mechanical implication in that virtual world. Teenage girls not being able to afford boob jobs isn't exactly a crime against humanity. Nobody cares.

The Lei Shen helm is the only thing that even comes close to these helms, at least that dropped off of a boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..
    Blizzard is not your buddy, it's a business company, grow up dude.
    WoW is a product, if you think it's no longer worth your money, find another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.
    Some players don't have the time commitment or desire to do some parts of the game that reward cosmetic items. Personally, I've accepted the fact that I won't get a lot of the achievement mounts for raids and such. But because instead of playing video games all day, I'm at work instead, I'm glad that Blizzard offers a few cosmetic items that I can buy with the extra money I earn while I'm at work and can't play. In the same way, if you don't have the access or desire to spend your own cash on digital items, that's your prerogative, but it's something you have to accept.

It was just a matter of time before this thread received the Godwin treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    The Lei Shen helm is the only thing that even comes close to these helms, at least that dropped off of a boss..

Garrosh's shoulders!

I think the T16 paladin helm is amazing, just like I ever wanted a paladin helm to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they added replicas of important lore weapons, like Frostmourne or Ashbringer to the shop. Because they would be just replicas, there would be no need to butcher lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I wish they added replicas of important lore weapons, like Frostmourne or Ashbringer to the shop. Because they would be just replicas, there would be no need to butcher lore.
    I don't disagree with you, but can you imagine what would happen if they did that? I think the whining would become globally audible, lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Infracted: Please post constructively in the future. Comparing the Blizzard store to anything that has to do with the Nazis and their historical treatment of Jews is inappropriate. [ML]
    There will be no further comment along these lines period. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    What an evil way for the argent crusade to make money to fund restoration of the plaguelands