Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I can't wait to spend my welfare check on helmets!
    That was quite funny actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Since when did it become the customer's sense of duty to suck the dick of the companies that actively and openly take advantage of them? The fuck is wrong with some of you. What exactly is it that makes it feel like it's YOUR job to champion THEIR greed at your own expense?
    They're fanboys. I used to be one until I came to my senses and spoke with my money.

Source

THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser charms don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    Why on earth would they make wow ftp...do you know how many helmets per month they would have to sell in order to make as much money as they do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolori View Post
    Why on earth would they make wow ftp...do you know how many helmets per month they would have to sell in order to make as much money as they do now?
    You're delusional if you don't see WoW becoming F2P. It's not a short-term change ofcourse, it's something that will happen in a few years. Do you really, REALLY think that they will have WoW running as a Sub game while they have TITAN running as F2P?

And they already stated that WoW is consistently bleeding subs, and they need to test the waters of F2P mechanics so they can perfect it from the get-go unlike other MMO's that completely fail the system (making them pay to win).

I have an amazing idea for more cosmetic microtransactions: $25 to enter Darkmoon Island.

Or perhaps $25 to enter a new Darkmoon-esque zone.

Where is the limit to cosmetic microtransactions?

The masks are just awfully designed trangsmogable gear that hardly can be matched with any in game gears, so I see no problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser charms don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

There isn't even a slope, so why are you worried about a slope that doesn't even exist? Everything we have been able to buy has been cosmetic. No one should care about people buying to get their character to max level with an XP boost, I feel more sorry for those that actually think that they have to because they are too lazy to just do it themselves.

Why do you doom sayers think that as soon as one thing happens that a billion other horrible things will happen? You just came up with things that have no better chance of happening than them never happening and you think because you thought of it that it will happen.

Also it didn't happen a weeks time, the store has been out since Wrath, just because they put fancy helms on it doesn't mean they will put things in the game that will put some ahead of everyone else because they spent money. The XP boost doesn't even put some ahead of the ones that didn't buy it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    There isn't even a slope, so why are you worried about a slope that doesn't even exist? Everything we have been able to buy has been cosmetic. No one should care about people buying to get their character to max level with an XP boost, I feel more sorry for those that actually think that they have to because they are too lazy to just do it themselves.

Why do you doom sayers think that as soon as one thing happens that a billion other horrible things will happen? You just came up with things that have no better chance of happening than them never happening and you think because you thought of it that it will happen.

Also it didn't happen a weeks time, the store has been out since Wrath, just because they put fancy helms on it doesn't mean they will put things in the game that will put some ahead of everyone else because they spent money. The XP boost doesn't even put some ahead of the ones that didn't buy it.
    and who are you to say that Blizzard will NEVER follow that strategy? they are expanding their shop (which shouldn't be there in the first place)

the business practice is that you either have a subscription based game with no cash shops. or no subscription but faster expansions releases with less content with micro-transactions.

WoW is trying to be both, and that's greedy.

Don't care myself, but I'm enjoying the caterwauling from those who are miffed. Just don't see how it's any different from them selling mounts, pets, etc. Doesn't have an effect on gameplay so what's the problem?

The problem is people want to be special in game the want to have the 1 thing that no one else has in game so they can get whispers from people like "Where did you get that thing?" and they can be like "Oh there is only one,sorry."

Corrupted ashbringer for 100$/eur,will see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    The problem is people want to be special in game the want to have the 1 thing that no one else has in game so they can get whispers from people like "Where did you get that thing?" and they can be like "Oh there is only one,sorry."
    I want a profession mount from blacksmithing to match every other crafting prof, but I don't have one of those either. Those legendaries that made me feel special in Vanilla? Now everyone has them. That Tier 1 and 2 sets that made me a god standing around Ironforge - everyone has a bank full of them. I moved on. So can they.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Corrupted ashbringer for 100$/eur,will see that coming.
    You can already get a transmog one for free that displays on your toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can already get a transmog one for free that displays on your toon.
    You can still get corrupted ashbringer?

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    You can still get corrupted ashbringer?
    You can get a transmog version which is about as useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can get a transmog version which is about as useful.
    Odd that I never heard of this nor the fact that a google search isn't showing up with any meaningful results. I would think a transmog version of this item would upset quite a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I want a profession mount from blacksmithing to match every other crafting prof, but I don't have one of those either. Those legendaries that made me feel special in Vanilla? Now everyone has them. That Tier 1 and 2 sets that made me a god standing around Ironforge - everyone has a bank full of them. I moved on. So can they.
    Sadly some people aren't as go with the flow as you, side bar a horse like made totally out of metal would be bitchin for a black smith mount, or a wolf but the horde has too many of those in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Odd that I never heard of this nor the fact that a google search isn't showing up with any meaningful results. I would think a transmog version of this item would upset quite a few people.
    Upset who? You have to already have the item to transmog it for someone if they get the item off hogger when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Sadly some people aren't as go with the flow as you, side bar a horse like made totally out of metal would be bitchin for a black smith mount, or a wolf but the horde has too many of those in the first place
    That new "raid mount transmog" thingy, the Iron Hitching Post? I totally figured on that for a blacksmith mount at first, before I remembered we don't get nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by nih View Post
    Actually, let me rephrase that, I know of nobody who would do it for the transmog that is able to do it without being carried. The fashionista crowd and the min/max crowd don't really overlap.
    I want to do it for the mount and gear because the shaman set looks sweet.

Also, who cares about these stupid helms? They're ugly as sin, they don't match anything, and you have to pay real money for them. If you really want to spend your real money on some ugly pixels that are a little bit shiny, go right ahead; I kinda pity you. I've bought Blizz store mounts before, but only because I like to collect mounts and they up my mount count and I've had extra cash sitting around from birthday or Christmas spoils... But really ugly helms that suit nothing? No thanks.

Honestly, nobody should be bitching about this. The "implications" are more like "assumptions". If Blizz wants to sell some kinda-crappy-looking transmog gear on their store, it's really no different than the mounts… People will waste money on them, then never use them because hey, everybody else has the same thing. There's still some prestige associated with in-game transmog sets that would be completely nonexistent this way. The helmets match absolutely nothing and their "super special animations" are actually pretty... Lame. The frost one is neat but the others don't seem to do anything.

I do think buying Lesser Charms is definitely stepping onto the slippery slope somewhat. The other Blizz store things are cosmetic and in no way advantageous, and the XP boost is for exceptionally lazy people, given how quick leveling is now, and useless for anyone who really plays much at all…*But the Lesser Charms could easily become an issue. I find Battlefield: Barrens the most lucrative method for obtaining Lesser Charms (for me, anyway), and with that likely disappearing in 5.4, the people buying Lesser Charms off the Blizz store may have an advantage over me each week, and I'm not terribly fond of that. However, on their own, Lesser Charms are kinda "meh", they're basically capped at 50 useful per week, so it's not a big deal.

The minute Blizz puts something on the store that will confer a real benefit to a player that purchases it, and in doing so puts those who do not / cannot purchase it at a disadvantage, then the outcry will be reasonable, and I will join in on it then. As is, you're all kind of whining because you don't get some really shitty looking helmets... No point to this entire thread other than conspiracy theory and "wah I want that idk why".