Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    'Oh I hear the Nazi's are making camps, I don't care im not a jew.'
    Really?! Really? You have to be kidding me.

You still have no point. Just wanted to point that out.

NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.
    There might be players who care about aesthetics more than stats, but I'm afraid that that represents a very small amount of players, and inside that set is a smaller set that will like or care about these store costumes, and inside that set is a smaller set of people who would be angry about paying. Besides, for most fashionistas, price tag is positively correlated with desirability. I don't know of any business who run on a principle of saving fashionistas money.

As for "continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability", I'm pretty sure that that means you don't actually play WoW. High end raiding as only gotten harder and harder every patch and every expansion (with the exception of naxx 25 and dragon soul).

About "double-dipping", fashion is for the vain, not the cheap. It also means that it is very difficult for people who don't care about fashion to sympathize with your supposed 'plight'.

Don't you already pay for the game's content and new, updated content by way of monthly fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..
    I'd be fine if transmogable items that I wanted could be bought, No joke $5 here and there to look the way I want to look vs 50k in game for the same set. Sign me up right now please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

You are not being cremated alive in an oven, you are complaining about having to pay extra for a status good inside a virtual world that doesn't even have mechanical implication in that virtual world. Teenage girls not being able to afford boob jobs isn't exactly a crime against humanity. Nobody cares.

The Lei Shen helm is the only thing that even comes close to these helms, at least that dropped off of a boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

And the game is still 15 dollars a month.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..
    Blizzard is not your buddy, it's a business company, grow up dude.
    WoW is a product, if you think it's no longer worth your money, find another game.

Brewmaster
    NO, I'M SORRY PEOPLE BUT TOUTING 'ITS GOT NO STATS, YOU DON'T NEED IT' DOES NOT NEGATE THE FACT THAT SOME PLAYERS REGARD AESTHETIC PORTIONS OF THE GAME TO BE OF EQUAL IF NOT LARGER IMPORTANCE THAN STATS.

The STORE and indeed ALL mounts and items that have come from it that are ONLY available in store, are continued symptoms of a design lead that is more interested in offering parts of the game to everyone on a platter, than providing a hierarchical skill based differentiation system that rewards effort and ability. The store is double dipping, it is wrong.
    Some players don't have the time commitment or desire to do some parts of the game that reward cosmetic items. Personally, I've accepted the fact that I won't get a lot of the achievement mounts for raids and such. But because instead of playing video games all day, I'm at work instead, I'm glad that Blizzard offers a few cosmetic items that I can buy with the extra money I earn while I'm at work and can't play. In the same way, if you don't have the access or desire to spend your own cash on digital items, that's your prerogative, but it's something you have to accept.

It was just a matter of time before this thread received the Godwin treatment.
    #GamerGate has as much to do with misogyny and hatred as atheism has to do with the Big Bang Theory - belief in the BBT is completely separate to the assertion that there is no conclusive proof that any god exists. #GamerGate is about ethics in video game journalism. Misogyny is an optional extra of a vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    The Lei Shen helm is the only thing that even comes close to these helms, at least that dropped off of a boss..

Garrosh's shoulders!

I think the T16 paladin helm is amazing, just like I ever wanted a paladin helm to look.

I wish they added replicas of important lore weapons, like Frostmourne or Ashbringer to the shop. Because they would be just replicas, there would be no need to butcher lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I wish they added replicas of important lore weapons, like Frostmourne or Ashbringer to the shop. Because they would be just replicas, there would be no need to butcher lore.
    I don't disagree with you, but can you imagine what would happen if they did that? I think the whining would become globally audible, lol.

Infracted: Please post constructively in the future. Comparing the Blizzard store to anything that has to do with the Nazis and their historical treatment of Jews is inappropriate. [ML]
    There will be no further comment along these lines period. Thanks.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    What an evil way for the argent crusade to make money to fund restoration of the plaguelands

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    I can't wait to spend my welfare check on helmets!
    That was quite funny actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Since when did it become the customer's sense of duty to suck the dick of the companies that actively and openly take advantage of them? The fuck is wrong with some of you. What exactly is it that makes it feel like it's YOUR job to champion THEIR greed at your own expense?
    They're fanboys. I used to be one until I came to my senses and spoke with my money.

Source

THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser charms don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    Why on earth would they make wow ftp...do you know how many helmets per month they would have to sell in order to make as much money as they do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolori View Post
    Why on earth would they make wow ftp...do you know how many helmets per month they would have to sell in order to make as much money as they do now?
    You're delusional if you don't see WoW becoming F2P. It's not a short-term change ofcourse, it's something that will happen in a few years. Do you really, REALLY think that they will have WoW running as a Sub game while they have TITAN running as F2P?

And they already stated that WoW is consistently bleeding subs, and they need to test the waters of F2P mechanics so they can perfect it from the get-go unlike other MMO's that completely fail the system (making them pay to win).

I have an amazing idea for more cosmetic microtransactions: $25 to enter Darkmoon Island.

Or perhaps $25 to enter a new Darkmoon-esque zone.

Where is the limit to cosmetic microtransactions?