Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    On April 1st, 2004, Blizzard announced an April Fool's Joke that two-headed ogres would be a playable race in WoW.[1] They claimed that the two-headed ogre would comprise of two players, one controlling each head. The ogre's name would be a combination of the two player names, the example being JonnyBob. The players would have a separate "body" channel where they could discuss things amongst themselves, but whenever each player spoke it would appear as if coming from the two-headed ogre character as a single entity. One player would control the left half of the ogre and another would control the right, meaning the players would have to cooperate to succeed in the game. Whenever one player was logged off, its head would appear asleep.

After the impracticality of this play model was analyzed by the community, and once they realized the timing of the joke, fans laughed this off as another of Blizzard's silly (but quite creative) pranks.
    - From WoWWiki

Ogres have been asked for far more often as a playable race than pandaren, and we still got pandaren.

You must remember Warcraft is at its core a game that has as much ugly as it has anything else. Just because ogres aren't cute like pandaren or fair like blood elves doesn't meant they don't belong in WoW. Hell, the new goblin models look terribly ugly yet we still got them.

If they made an entire expansion based off a joke, they can sure implement a race based all the way in Wacraft 2. Ogres would bring another layer of needed ferocity to the Horde, their last 2 races were a group of unfed elves and short green gnomes. Time for something to strike fear into their enemies.

Ogre Magi are some of the most powerful casters in Warcraft lore, you think blood lust comes from Shamans? Hah!
    Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 2013-07-13 at 05:32 AM.

I'd prefer ogres to naga, but that isn't saying much. I don't like ogres and I hate naga even more. lol.

I thought the Seesaw was saying you could summon an ogre so u could use (the summoned ogre) to launch peeps off of your seesaw as a gag *shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    1 worgen + 1 ogre + 1 seesaw = 3.

Three is the number after 2.

2 x 3 = 6

6 divided by the number of StarCraft II games there are (6 / 2) = 3

There is no way this is a mistake.

Half Life 3 confirmed.
    Mind = Blown

Deleted
    We're also getting our own space ships next expansion because exodar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    1 worgen + 1 ogre + 1 seesaw = 3.

Three is the number after 2.

2 x 3 = 6

6 divided by the number of StarCraft II games there are (6 / 2) = 3

There is no way this is a mistake.

Half Life 3 confirmed.
    You could just actually stop there.

I'm not sure if it's making ogre new race but I wouldn't be surprised seeing them in the Horde.

Deleted
    Wait, so basement dwellers can now look in-game the same as they do irl ?!

The female option is the only reason Ogres aren't a part of the Horde. There's no real way around making an Ogre female look... attra- ....playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres would be a terrible addition as a playable race. WTB the etherals! so much cooler
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, i like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's your god now?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Ogres would be a terrible addition as a playable race. WTB the etherals! so much cooler
    wrong sir! wrong! you lose! you get nothing! good day sir! you lose! Ogres have been statistically shown to be awesome and officially been revealed as amazing. Black and white clear as crystal Ogres are infact a much wanted, a much needed and much hoped and prayed for class addition. Good day sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Ogres are infact a much wanted, a much needed and much hoped and prayed for class addition. Good day sir.
    Ogres vs Etherals. Cmon, shiny vs dull. SHINY wins every time.

What are ogre's? just big goofballs.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Your racial prejudice has just ostracised a considerable portion of the horde. Rexxar also isn't impressed.

Goofballs? care to elucidate?

Metzen has stated in an interview that he would like ogres to be playable one day along with Naga, and goblins (who become a playable race in Cataclysm).[19] During an interview in 2012 the developers stated that "We considered them for Cataclysm instead of goblins. Figuring out the females and the two-headed mages would be (fun!) challenges. Maybe someday."

10+ Year Old Account
    every1 knows next expansion there will be 5 new races... 4 of which will cost 25$ on pet store...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Apparently anything that mentions a tiny bit about anything means it's confirmed these days... Demon hunters, naga, and now ogres... /sigh

Just why? How can this be viewed anywhere near "confirmed"? I'm being serious here. I just don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    Demon hunters, naga, and now ogres...
    You said three different races, HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED??

i think its sign of hearthstone beta..

LOLOLOLOL! half life 3 jokes! As fresh as LFR threads!

Hmm his name is link4117...

If we look at it backwords, we get 7114knil.

7+1-1-4 = 3!

Half Life 3 Confirmed, kneel before it!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just an NPC from Searing Gorge quests. It has to be heavy to launch the player, like an ogre is. If a kobold was heavy enough and there'd be a kobold jumping instead, would that mean kobolds will be the next player race?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!