Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The level of smart-assery in this thread has made my morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's people who don't know who Lunk is?
    They even brought him back for the Molten Front which I found hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    OGRe's & siege of OGRimmar. so close, this must be a hint?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    OGRe's & siege of OGRimmar. so close, this must be a hint?
    No, the city is named Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is at the very least hinting that Ogres will be a new playable race.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    with the addition of transmog items to the pet store a few screencaps were passed out, aswell as a note on worgen to ogre weight.

Which brings me to the point of this thread: Why would blizzard announce that worgen and ogre weigh the same, if ogres weren't going to become a playable race in the near future?!

I personally think this is awesome!
    That has got to be one of the biggest leaps of conclusionions I have ever seen. You know there are multiple items in game that transform you into an ogre. Also, Ogres will never be a player race for two reasons. First, they are too large. Tauren and Draenei are the top end of size. Second, they will never have a race that they have to completely redesign every single piece of armor in the game for. That is why every player character is modeled on a few basic frames.

So there will never be Ogres, Naga, Furbolg, or other race like that as a player race. Ever. So stop bringing it up.

Omg these races will be playable. Its confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Second, they will never have a race that they have to completely redesign every single piece of armor in the game for. That is why every player character is modeled on a few basic frames.
    Have you ever actually played the game? There're quite a few armor wearing Naga and Pandaren are built rather differently than the other playable races. Fairly similarly to Ogres, too.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you ever actually played the game? There're quite a few armor wearing Naga and Pandaren are built rather differently than the other playable races. Fairly similarly to Ogres, too.
    One, I am sure I have played as much if not more than you. Second, there is a HUGE difference between a generic NPC model and a player one. A NPC model is designed by look, including the armor so it is custom tailored for it. And Nagas only use upper armor pieces only as they have a snake tail. And Pandaren are no where near the same physically to Ogres. Ogres are huge. The few that are close to PC race size are very rare anomalies or young. The average ogre is the equivalent of 12 feet tall. They are too big to fit through doorways without clipping so they would require a complete ground up redesign of everything. So Ogres are not going to happen.

Size is a non-issue and can be changed to fit. Their body build is similar to Pandaren. And Naga can and do wear armor pieces in the game, including pants, not just specific NPC textures.

Besides, every single playable race is built differently. Your insurmountable obstacles are fairly minor concerns.

In my opinion ,next expansion wont have a new race.

Tinkerer 12th class confirmed.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that Seesaw item is Lunk the Ogre the only Ogre where you can play with until Blizzard announce Ogres as a playable race.

Guys, it seems I havent convinced you all that Giants are the next playable race. They totally will be. The size will be fine cuz they will just make bigger raids for giants. I have a friend in Blizz expack Making department and he sent me this SS of a giant in game. You can see he is really big cuz of the size of the normal guy. Also note the house.
    At last we can put this all to bed:

Cant deny that sort of proof.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Now where are those female ogres.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm. My friend's father's uncle works at Blizzard and says that it's true. And he also says that these new things have a hidden secret behind them for example; next expansion we will revisit ragnaros the firelord hence the helmet's name: Jewel of The Firelord and we will get a chance to revisit kil'jaeden hence the looks of the "Hood of the Hungering Darkness" as it looks like him. Oh and finally; Crown of the eternal winter hints at that we will go to northrend and meet with the new lich king with tuskarrs being a playable race alongside with ogres and forsaken will get their revenge showing the new Iron Hitching Post looking like an undead mount. Lastly the forsaken are going to be using worgens as heavy artillery by the help of the new item the "Seesaw" making them launched into the air. Also three new helmets say the number "3" making Half Life 3 confirmed.

Hope not. Orge's dont really have much of any Lore. They are just Npc's or minions within any lore that involves them. Also most of them don't have much of any intelligence. Some barely speak any word properly (what we hear as English) and are shown as dumb, fat, brutal beings. I simply cannot see them joining any of our Factions either. Its just not in their nature.

Nothing about that joke they made remotely confirms anything, just stop with this. I always hated the idea of ogres as a playable race anyways. They can barely be considered an intelligent race, except for the magi of course.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Humle View Post
    Are you joking? It's not an announcement of any race... they are trying to be funny because the seesaw isn't going up and down. Simply a blizz employee in ogre disguise like you can get in-game or from TCG loot.
    Actually it's Lunk, the pacifist Ogre NPC from Searing Gorge.

P.S. You know what would be a fucking epic exclusive from Blizzcon? An ogre "cosplay" costume like the Murloc one, with little Blizzcon pennants etc. God I love that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.