can I trust askmrrobot?

Or is there a better way to manage my stats?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good enough. Reforgelite is slightly better at optimization, but the DPS difference is like less than 1%.

+1 for reforgelite its easy to use and I love the 1 button reforge, just makes it simple

Take AMR with a grain of salt. NEVER blindly trust anything.

Assuming your stat weights are put in right, it should be, for the most part, correct. Trinkets are almost always wrong though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Hey Pangya, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I'd say you can definitely trust Mr. Robot, but that might look a bit biased.

So here are a couple of things to help make sure you're getting the most out of Mr. Robot's optimizations:

1. Look at the gearing strategy (stat weight presets). You'll find it in a drop down menu right above your gear on the left. Be sure to pick the one best suited for you (the descriptions try to help you identify which is best). You can also enter custom weights if you'd like and test the results with SimC (how to do that).

2. Turn on the beta optimizer. This will guarantee the best result (pending bugs, that's why it's in beta). Here's more info on using the beta.

3. Trinkets are tough - a lot of it comes down to the personal playstyle of each person, as well as the content you're running. We evaluate them mathematically, and put a lot of care into it (more on how we do that here). However, it's not a bad idea to figure out which trinkets you like best (blogs and guides are good at providing context for the trinkets). Then you can lock those in on the BiS lists, and Mr. Robot will find the best set of gear to go with those trinkets.

4. As for the ranked gear lists - make sure you're familiar with the 2 ranking options: absolute and relative. Absolute score the item as it is, in a vaccuum. It's a good judge of how awesome an item is on it's own. Relative ranking takes all of your other gear into account - so if you're having trouble with too much hit, an item with a ton of hit will score poorly. For relative ranking, Mr. Robot also re-optimizes your entire set of gear to go with each item in the list - this way he can play with reforges, gems and enchants, moving things around to make sure you get the best use of out each item. Here's more info on relative vs absolute.

5. Final stats: Just an FYI, Mr. Robot assumes all relevant buffs and debuffs in the stats pane after optimizing. For example, he assumes a 5% crit buff as well as the 3% boss crit debuff.

If you have any questions, let me know. Happy to help - there is a lot going on in the optimizer!
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

ask mr robot with the beta turned on is basically just as good as any sim. id trust your gut and math you do on your own.

Deleted
    Tbh if you're using custom weights (gained from Sims - not that inaccurate) and the beta optimizer it's decent for working out gemming and reforging only. I personally don't trust the gear ranking system it's using and I don't use it to work out my BiS list, but overall it's good for reforging/regemming purely because it's taking into account changing gems - ReforgeLite doesn't do this and only reforges based on your current gems.

For a spec like Fire where you're always going to be gemming crit ReforgeLite is fine when you import your own weights into it, but personally as I'm playing Arcane and gemming both Haste and Mastery is better than gemming int I like to use AMR to decide what the best way to hit my Haste cap is before I go all out Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can trust askmrrobot right now, its best just to follow the guides(Vykina's) though. Not some stupid stat weights you find on simcraft because simc is totally shit right now - especially as fire.
    Last edited by zandiy; 2013-07-13 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    for reforges amr or reforgelight work both very well. sometimes reforgelight is buggy, so i just use amr.

amr also manages gems, but thats not really necessary for mages because we use full crit/mastery/haste sockets anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by zandiy View Post
    You can trust askmrrobot right now, its best just to follow the guides(Vykina's) though. Not some stupid stat weights you find on simcraft because simc is totally shit right now - especially as fire.
    By guides, you mean anything but Noxxic, and Icy-Veins (can be trusted, but with caution as they have a few things incorrect), right?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I would recommend using reforgelite

I use both askmrrobot & reforgelite and compare results. You can manually input caps & weights in both of them. Just make sure they are hitting your caps (or getting close for hit) and you'll be fine. The important thing is to research what you want out of your stats so you know whether these programs are giving you a desired result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey Pangya, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I'd say you can definitely trust Mr. Robot, but that might look a bit biased.

SNIP
    I really like AMRs new haste soft cap calculator for fire Pangya. Great stuff by the team.

I wouldn't trust it blindly to be 100% correct. Personally I use it occasionally, but sometimes there are things that are blatantly wrong, trinkets are wrong a lot I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I wouldn't trust it blindly to be 100% correct. Personally I use it occasionally, but sometimes there are things that are blatantly wrong, trinkets are wrong a lot I've noticed.
    What he said. It's the same way I approached Rawr in Cata. Not 100% correct, trinkets might be off, but still one of the best tools we had

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    What he said. It's the same way I approached Rawr in Cata. Not 100% correct, trinkets might be off, but still one of the best tools we had
    This, plus it's gotten significantly better since Cata... I remember the dark ages...