Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    They won't go F2P. They will adopt several models of the game, including classic in the future. They already have F2P till level 20 I believe? That might become 40 but there will not be a full on World of Warcraft F2P unless something goes very wrong and subs drop to under 2 mil. But that won't happen as the next expansion is going to be incredible and will bring people back. That's all it takes for sustained growth potential. It's still the best MMORPG out there, it just lost its way in last 2 expansions but with full team on board again now, Wow is about to get amazing again. Bring on Blizzcon!
    I don't get why people cant quit wow for a while just to teach blizzard a lesson...is it that hard?
    The lesson that is not the casual players that matters but the community of old players that's shapes the game. We are the ones that bring lives to the social experience. The game lost interaction and challenge not for the greater good, but to make the game more appealing to the "casual player" and to blizzards pockets.
    Bring the world roaming and not LFG queues in main cities. Bring the old rivalry between Horde x Alliance random encounters in open world. I never see the opposing faction in the game almost, apart from battlegrounds. I barely know there actually is a faction that I am supposed to fear while i'm questing or walking around. There is no more interaction in the world. It is now a dead instanced/queue/LFG programed world without the old thrills of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

I left WoW after Cataclysm and still cant go back...and believe me I want to. But the things I end up missing the most are not there anymore. And that makes me sad.
    I just remember it was thrilling doing content only a group of people could do and actually knowing and feeling the reward of rare flashy items to show off. Now even Arena sets are accessible to everyone, its just a matter of time to get them. You don't even depend on your rating and skill....nah, just a matter of time before another casual gets the flashy items only a group of people with certain skill level was supposed to get. You see....that's just not rewarding enough...if everyone can get everything and its just a matter of time...there is no thrill in it.

peace out and lets hope for better decisions on blizzard part...until then not playing :C

I could see them doing it by region.

Korea and China have huge competition and Free-to-Play is really big there. I think that in about a year or two, we might see that over there.
    In Europe/America, once the current model is unprofitable, which will most likely be a bit of time.