Learning the Ropes

More tanks means shorter queues for everyone. Tanking should be encouraged, but as a guildless DK who just wishes to progress though LFR, how do I learn the encounters? I'm anxious about diving into raids without knowing the mechanics and hesitant to ask for help for fear of getting kicked. How do you learn the specific encounters, and what to I need to say to other tanks in LFR about agro switching, etc.?

As a casual raider, I found Ten Ton Hammer to have good info for each of the LFR raids. I am new, and can't post links, but if you Google "ten ton hammer LFR" you will find it.* They are not tank specific, but do help.i

I'm typically just a lurker on these threads, but...

Do a google search for "No life at 90". It's a blog some guy keeps that summarizes everyone's role on each fight in one paragraph. The last five weeks I've raided LFR every tanks first whisper to me was that they were new and didnt know the fight, so props to you for wanting to be prepared!

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the Icy-Veins strats for all bosses. Takes only a few minutes each and contains both the LFR, normal, and heroic strats.

Never found good tanking advice before on icy veins, but somehow, I can now.

I'll try no life at 90 too. Thanks guys.

To be quite honest; if your current plan is to LFR a bit on your Tank, Sunnier is pretty good.

I found him/her searching for WeakAura strings for my alt monk, and happened to see that she has an amazing guide for tanks that are starting out in Throne of Thunder.

http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...hunder-normal/

Another thing to do is to send the other tank in your LFR a tell saying you are new. Most will be more than willing to accommodate, though you may get a watered-down experience. EG: on LFR for many of the fights I solo tank now, though with standard gear it would be better to duo tank.

I'd also recommend the 5 second guides at wowinsider. They're not great for details, but they're lfr specific and explain the big points of each fight. I'm going to take a look at these other sites myself.

If it's your first time doing the fights, it might be good to do them as dps. That way you can see what's going on without as much pressure on you to do it perfectly. I'd also agree with the suggestion to ask the other tank for what you need to do.

Research and Watch as much as you can on the fights I suppose.
    The real learning is when you put that to practice.
    As they say: Practice makes perfect.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-07-18 at 05:11 AM.