Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Coke Zero - Does it make you gain weight?

Basically that's what I wish to know.. I don't care how bad it is for my brain, heart or the fact that it makes you want to eat more sweat stuff, as it doesn't do that for me. Basically I can't stand regular coke, the taste just isn't my cup of tea. Either way, my question is, it does say 0 (ZERO) calories. That means it shouldn't really make you gain any body weight..? Or am I wrong here..? I hear so much new from day to day. One time it wont increase your weight, some other times it does. Any real facts on this? Would be appreciated. Yes I know water.. Water.. But sometimes you want something sweet, some might satisfy their thirst with a tea.. Or even chocolate or any other sweats, but I don't eat candy..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Basically that's what I wish to know.. I don't care how bad it is for my brain, heart or the fact that it makes you want to eat more sweat stuff, as it doesn't do that for me. Basically I can't stand regular coke, the taste just isn't my cup of tea. Either way, my question is, it does say 0 (ZERO) calories. That means it shouldn't really make you gain any body weight..? Or am I wrong here..? I hear so much new from day to day. One time it wont increase your weight, some other times it does. Any real facts on this? Would be appreciated. Yes I know water.. Water.. But sometimes you want something sweet, some might satisfy their thirst with a tea.. Or even chocolate or any other sweats, but I don't eat candy..
    Not directly, but certain factors can certainly contribute to weight gain. Coke Zero, as well as all other Soda's are very high in Sodium, which will cause you to retain more water, and just isn't good for you in general. A simple Google search will answer your question far better.

Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, you really should start reading what they put in each one.

Coke zero is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium which make the regular stuff better for you than coke zero. If you feel you want something sweet go for something sweetened with Stevia like vitamin water zero. or make iced tea with stevia.

no, 1 or 2 a day is perfectly fine. they're finding out that while sodas are still not good for you, in any form (diet, zero cal, normal, etc) they're not as bad as they thought. caffeine in low doses is also not the monster it was made out to be in the 80s. it's not considered a diuretic anymore, it doesn't block calcium absorption as much as they thought, etc

if you don't wanna drink water, you don't have to. most water tastes like shit to me. i hate it and while i drink a little with some mio, that's a rare occasion. an active lifestyle and simply not gorging yourself will keep you from ever being in poor shape. genetics has a lot to do with it too.

a coke zero a day is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coke Zero/Coke Diet will not give you weight, but they increase your apetite. So that would give you weight.

Granted Coke (normal) doesn't increase your apetite that much (maybe a little bit) but does give you weight.

Google the rest, I'm not very good with these topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes in excess amounts, also, if you are asking this question, i would go out on a limb and presume you don't have the healthiest of diets currently, and it doesn't have zero calories, nothing on this planet that is a food source can have zero calories, the zero stands for no added sugar, which means it is just the same coke recipe as "regular" coke, just they haven't added any sugar or sweetner to the mix, which is why it isn't as sticky as the diet and regular variety, everything we consume as food or fluid (even water) has a calorific value, so make sure you understand the difference first before asking these types of questions, consume infrequently and in small volumes and you will be fine as long as you eat a healthy balanced diet, everything is perfectly fine in moderation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    Not directly, but certain factors can certainly contribute to weight gain. Coke Zero, as well as all other Soda's are very high in Sodium, which will cause you to retain more water, and just isn't good for you in general. A simple Google search will answer your question far better.
    Water in my body is fine, I jog about 8,2KM every night. Wouldn't really concern me. I sweat like a pig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Short answer, yes.
    Long answer, you really should start reading what they put in each one.
    This is a forum.. You might give me some help instead of " go read ". What's the meaning with a forum, give a link?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morphosys View Post
    Coke zero is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium which make the regular stuff better for you than coke zero. If you feel you want something sweet go for something sweetened with Stevia like vitamin water zero. or make iced tea with stevia.
    I said I don't care if it's good for my body..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by benadryl View Post
    no, 1 or 2 a day is perfectly fine. they're finding out that while sodas are still not good for you, in any form (diet, zero cal, normal, etc) they're not as bad as they thought. caffeine in low doses is also not the monster it was made out to be in the 80s. it's not considered a diuretic anymore, it doesn't block calcium absorption as much as they thought, etc

if you don't wanna drink water, you don't have to. most water tastes like shit to me. i hate it and while i drink a little with some mio, that's a rare occasion. an active lifestyle and simply not gorging yourself will keep you from ever being in poor shape. genetics has a lot to do with it too.

a coke zero a day is fine.
    if you don't consume H2O regularly enough, your body will start to suffer as a result, because your body cannot get enough fluid from soda/mixed drinks over long periods of time, so not drinking water on a regular basis and advising others not to do so aswell is pretty stupid advice imho.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodedge-Ouroboros View Post
    Coke Zero/Coke Diet will not give you weight, but they increase your apetite. So that would give you weight.

Granted Coke (normal) doesn't increase your apetite that much (maybe a little bit) but does give you weight.

Google the rest, I'm not very good with these topics.
    Again, if you'd read my post you'd understand that it doesn't do that for me. Doesn't increase my apetite, or my sweatness apetite.. Meaning it wouldn't concern me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Water in my body is fine, I jog about 8,2KM every night. Wouldn't really concern me. I sweat like a pig.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a forum.. You might give me some help instead of " go read ". What's the meaning with a forum, give a link?

- - - Updated - - -

I said I don't care if it's good for my body..

just because you sweat alot after doing a run, DOES NOT equate to your body having enough fluid in the form of water, it will take water from various other area's of the body to use as sweat, which will leave those affected areas in need of fluid that you should replace asap.

Deleted
    aspartame is not good for your body

Deleted
    Coze zero is marketed to blokes as diet coke is marketed to women, both the same maybe different sweeteners and slight change in taste. however statistics show that those who drink alot of diet drinks aren't staying slim, Many theories are given none are proven, seems if you drink more than two cans a day something in your lifestyle/diet will give you the tendency to be fat. It is lower in calories but there is more to it that hasn't been looked into since there is too much profit not to. I've switched to carbonated flavoured waters, they're quite good now, still sweetners but flavoured with fruit extracts and negligible calories and no caffine, and i've lost two stone. Still a way to go though

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    yes in excess amounts, also, if you are asking this question, i would go out on a limb and presume you don't have the healthiest of diets currently, and it doesn't have zero calories, nothing on this planet that is a food source can have zero calories, the zero stands for no added sugar, which means it is just the same coke recipe as "regular" coke, just they haven't added any sugar or sweetner to the mix, which is why it isn't as sticky as the diet and regular variety, everything we consume as food or fluid (even water) has a calorific value, so make sure you understand the difference first before asking these types of questions, consume infrequently and in small volumes and you will be fine as long as you eat a healthy balanced diet, everything is perfectly fine in moderation.
    Oh.. Thanks for alot of unrelated and false information. It doesn't matter if you eat in small or big volumes. If I eat 2000 calories by the end of the day from 2 meals or 6 meals that's really unrelated. It's more a choice of preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    just because you sweat alot after doing a run, DOES NOT equate to your body having enough fluid in the form of water, it will take water from various other area's of the body to use as sweat, which will leave those affected areas in need of fluid that you should replace asap.
    On a daily basis I drink about 3 x 1,5 liters bottles with water. I doubt those 2DL with coke zero will make me feel bloated with water..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    aspartame is not good for your body
    Sugar.. isn't either. Juice has sugar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you'll gain weight if you're downing SuperBigGulps one after another! But soda as a whole I don't feel is that (when consumed in moderation) detrimental to your figure.
    Please do yourself a favor, AVOID anything with aspartame and acesulfame potassium in it! They are the Super Villains of food additives these days.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Coze zero is marketed to blokes as diet coke is marketed to women, both the same maybe different sweeteners and slight change in taste. however statistics show that those who drink alot of diet drinks aren't staying slim, Many theories are given none are proven, seems if you drink more than two cans a day something in your lifestyle/diet will give you the tendency to be fat. It is lower in calories but there is more to it that hasn't been looked into since there is too much profit not to. I've switched to carbonated flavoured waters, they're quite good now, still sweetners but flavoured with fruit extracts and negligible calories and no caffine, and i've lost two stone. Still a way to go though

Coke Zero is marketed to men.. Coke Light is for women.

Yeah, but that's because most people drinking is eat for 4-5k calories every day. My calorie intake is about 20-35% less than what I burn every day and I jog for about 600 calories burned daily. It's something.

All soda makes you gain weight. No matter what they tell you, it does make you gain weight. Do a little research.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    Yea you'll gain weight if you're downing SuperBigGulps one after another! But soda as a whole I don't feel is that (when consumed in moderation) detrimental to your figure.
    Please do yourself a favor, AVOID anything with aspartame and acesulfame potassium in it! They are the Super Villains of food additives these days.
    How come? What makes it so bad? I mean if it is good for the body or not is another thing.. I just want to know how they affect weight gain.

( Just OFF TOPIC - My weight is 70,4 KG - 182 - about 14-16% body fat. It's going down, and has for a while. )

Sugar.. isn't either. Juice has sugar.
    While yeah sugar isn't either, sugar doesn't contain a carcinogen called methylene chloride. Long-term exposure to methylene chloride can cause headaches, depression, nausea, mental confusion, liver effects, kidney effects, visual disturbances, and cancer in humans. But like you said, you don't care about your body.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    All soda makes you gain weight. No matter what they tell you, it does make you gain weight. Do a little research.
    Might tell em those researches of yours? I couldn't find it after 30 minutes of google. Might be that I'm terrible.