Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Any person that complains about having a cash shop for optional cosmetic items is a total loon.

    As long as the base game is unaffected, why should you care? Cash mounts/pets have been in forever and MoP hasn't suffered for it.
    MOP has the lowest amount of subs of any WOW expansion. Unless you have detailed information why ppl quit... you have no idea if the web based items are part of the reason why ppl lost faith in what Blizzard is doing with WOW atm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    as long as its stay cosmetic, i dont really care, since i pay for the content, not really for my player to look good (aka transmorg on store vs raid content)
    Your opinion is as valid is mine. Just doesn't make yours more or less valid than mine.

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    MOP has the lowest amount of subs of any WOW expansion. Unless you have detailed information why ppl quit... you have no idea if the web based items are part of the reason why ppl lost faith in what Blizzard is doing with WOW atm.
    Actually, its known why there are low subs. China. A huge number of Chinese players unsubscribed recently, either due to changes in the law (which is common in China, it also happens in between TBC and Wrath for them with the game being offline for near a year) or because there's a huge number of domestically created Free To Play titles available there now.

    Subs outside of China have remained relatively constant.

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    as long as its stay cosmetic, i dont really care, since i pay for the content, not really for my player to look good (aka transmorg on store vs raid content)
    I think that people misunderstand the word 'content'. It's not just what you can actually do in the game, it's everything contained in the game.

    World English Dictionary
    content1 (ˈkɒntɛnt)

    —n
    1. (often plural) everything that is inside a container: the contents of a box.

    So yes, buying anything from the store that is used in the game is paying extra for content.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    But it does. Bonus to lesser charm of good fortune, is a bonus to PVP. But what people, and even i have to reconise. Blizzard does not give a flying shit about us, As long as just 100 people buy something each mouth, they will make money, and they could care less about how fair it is
    I don't think lesser charms will fly as a micro transaction, it's essentially gambling for which there are very strict laws in many countries; especially in relation to minors.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutigen View Post
    This quote should be in every major article about WoW mictrotransaction so people would know how Blizzard has changed and that it's not worth investing money into their games anymore.
    He's not talking about cosmetic items. That's clear from the words 'level playing field' and 'no gold buying'.

    So sorry, you can't use that quote against them.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Actually, its known why there are low subs. China. A huge number of Chinese players unsubscribed recently, either due to changes in the law (which is common in China, it also happens in between TBC and Wrath for them with the game being offline for near a year) or because there's a huge number of domestically created Free To Play titles available there now.

    Subs outside of China have remained relatively constant.
    Not in the last earnings call. They admitted its also lowering in US/EU. Just not as much as in ASIA.

  7. #647
    Dreadlord Zenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    MOP has the lowest amount of subs of any WOW expansion. Unless you have detailed information why ppl quit... you have no idea if the web based items are part of the reason why ppl lost faith in what Blizzard is doing with WOW atm.
    I was referring to the quality of the expansion, as well as the frequency and size of the updates.

    Also, quitting over a mount of all things is pretty retarded.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I would say that the sparkle pony probably had more of an actual impact on the game than some helmet models for transmogs. I mean, theoretically, the pony could at least be someones FIRST FLYING MOUNT that they didnt spend gold on - thus cheating, from a point of view.
    This is very true.

    Yet people don't complain much about that, do they? Inconsistancy at its finest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Not in the last earnings call. They admitted its also lowering in US/EU. Just not as much as in ASIA.
    Extremely minor drop in US/EU, with the vast majority in China.

    Hense relatively constant. Stop trying to twist the facts just because I answered your question.

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    He's not talking about cosmetic items. That's clear from the words 'level playing field' and 'no gold buying'.

    So sorry, you can't use that quote against them.
    Yes we can. They are also adding XP boost and lesser charms.

    Cosmetic items are also crossing the line since a person that pays sub might like to play it because of cosmetic reasons - not based on toping the meters or killing all bosses. And cosmetic can be very flexible. Paid for new emotes ? Paid for new character models? You can't justify one thing with another.

    WOW players should not need to ask or answer ANY questions about cosmetic or boosting items in a subscription driven game. If they have to... the game is no longer driven by principle of a true subscription driven game. And thats when every subscriber has full right to wonder if he should continue to pay the sub. And judging by this topic.... there are some ppl wondering about this. Thats just understandable considering the turn that the game has taken in the last 2 weeks when it comes to basic principles.

  10. #650
    I didn't read all of the 32 pages, but let me remind you:

    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/02/20...pproach-to-mm/

    I just think Blizzard has a history of going back on their word. Granted, these are cosmetic items, but IIRC I've seen some stuff about XP boost pots, which are the gateway for p2win.

    So no, thanks. I unsubbed, and will not be coming back, because I felt betrayed. Dramaqueen? Sure, whatever you say, but I'll just shift the time I was playing WoW to catching up on other great games. The Steam sale couldn't have come at a better time.

  11. #651
    Subs remaining constant? Maybe a constant downward trickle. I see 4 maybe 5 people on in my real id list out of ~25 on a good day. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, though.

    That said, with the trend now leaning more and more toward the cash shop or whatever, I can't help but think that it's a matter of when, not if, WoW goes F2P. Years ago I would've been up in arms over that idea, but at this point, when it happens, it'll be like "what took so long?". Not that I think $15 a month is a lot (it's not).

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    This is very true.

    Yet people don't complain much about that, do they? Inconsistancy at its finest.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Extremely minor drop in US/EU, with the vast majority in China.

    Hense relatively constant. Stop trying to twist the facts just because I answered your question.
    PPL complained about the sparkle pony.

    And again.. you can not make a valid point on how big % of the player base that left in MOP did it because of added number of items that have now shown up in Web store or on anything else.

    What we do know is that game has lost 1/3rd of the player base since the web store was added. We just have no clue how many walked away cause of the turn from a subscriber based game into Web store based game.

    And Blizzard is for SURE not going to tell us that ppl are leaving cause of their Web store even if that was the case.

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    See you back next week ?
    Ah, the old "people never actually quit wow" schtick. You might want to look at sub numbers over the past several years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    He's not talking about cosmetic items. That's clear from the words 'level playing field' and 'no gold buying'.

    So sorry, you can't use that quote against them.
    The gold buying line was already crossed.

    So sorry, you most certainly can.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  14. #654
    Dreadlord Zenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by juazlee View Post
    I just think Blizzard has a history of going back on their word. Granted, these are cosmetic items, but IIRC I've seen some stuff about XP boost pots, which are the gateway for p2win.

    So no, thanks. I unsubbed, and will not be coming back, because I felt betrayed. Dramaqueen? Sure, whatever you say, but I'll just shift the time I was playing WoW to catching up on other great games. The Steam sale couldn't have come at a better time.
    You unsubbed over a datamined potion? Nothing actually announced by blizzard? Nice.

  15. #655
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    He's not talking about cosmetic items. That's clear from the words 'level playing field' and 'no gold buying'.

    So sorry, you can't use that quote against them.
    He also said that "Outside resources don't play into it". And that's completely destroyed in WoW. The more money you have in real life the more cosmetic bonuses you can buy. And the more gold you can legally buy via the guardian cub.

    He mentioned no gold buying, except Blizzard has already legalized that via the guardian cub.

    WoW was suppose to be a game that's fair for everyone who played, so that you can't buy your way to more things, cosmetic or otherwise. Now that fairness is destroyed by a sleazy business model that rewards rich people. Why should rich people get more things than regular subscribers, cosmetic or otherwise, in a video game? It's in direct contradiction to Pardo's quote that: "Outside resources don't play into it".

    And as I've said, there's hardly any limits to how far purely cosmetic microtransactions can be pushed: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rotransactions
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-07-15 at 01:11 PM.

  16. #656
    The Patient ezola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    251
    I sure as hell dont hope they will add items in the store, other than vanity stuff.. Other than that, im fine with blizzard taking $$ for whatever.. No one is forced to play the game if they dont have the money for it.-...
    My girlfriend said she does't like metal.
    Now she is Single
    No Just kidding
    ....
    She is Dead

  17. #657
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Actually, its known why there are low subs. China. A huge number of Chinese players unsubscribed recently, either due to changes in the law (which is common in China, it also happens in between TBC and Wrath for them with the game being offline for near a year) or because there's a huge number of domestically created Free To Play titles available there now.

    Subs outside of China have remained relatively constant.
    What change in the law? The release of Wrath was held up due to Government red tape but WOW was offline for almost a month due mainly to poor planning on the handover from The9 to Netease. If the large number of F2P games were responsible for the loss of players in China why were Netease's other games that use the same payment model as WOW largely unaffected? In fact Netease saw an increase in revenue during 2012 of 12% which they attributed in part to "... the outstanding performance of our self-developed games..."


    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Extremely minor drop in US/EU, with the vast majority in China.

    Hense relatively constant. Stop trying to twist the facts just because I answered your question.
    Do you have any figures to back this up? Q1 2013 results show that like for like Non-GAAP (which does not defer expansion income) Subscription revenue was 9% down on the previous year which does not support your supposition that the drop in Western markets was "extremely minor."

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Too bad all other MMOs out there are garbage. The only quality indicator about them being Horrible Disgusting Garbage - Nice Smelling Garbage.
    Hahaha. That's why they have thousands of users right?

    Anyway, been playing WoW for 8 years, it's getting kind of old.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'd like to know why. As I already pointed out above, TCG stuff was around long before Rob Pardo made that statement; the cash purchases we had at that point when he made that statement were more exclusive and a lot more expensive. How is their making those things more readily available, and cheaper, making it worse?
    Who said I was happy with TCG getting all the cool stuff?

    But as I said earlier, enough is enough.

    People don't call it quits with their friends over a single disagreement. But there is a breaking point.

  19. #659
    What YOU need to realize is the difference between
    a mandatory fee to be able to play a game.
    an optional fee to make your character look better(taste/opinions apply)

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    What YOU need to realize is the difference between
    a mandatory fee to be able to play a game.
    an optional fee to make your character look better(taste/opinions apply)
    Raid gear is optional too. So is it OK that they sell that?

    And if you don't actually mean mandatory and optional (despite the fact you used those exact words), and actually mean cosmetic and non-cosmetic, then what is the limit of cosmetic microtransactions that you find acceptable?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •