Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Personally I think that Blizzard should spend time and effort making the ways of obtaining gear for transmogging more enjoyable and not use boring RNG as excuse to charge players extra.
    Well the primary purpose of that gear at one point was to be used for raiding, which means using rng drops or a form of currency to limit the rate of acquisition. They're not going to change how that gear is obtained just because it's no longer relevant.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.
    Well, what about the TCG in game fluff items then? Been around since 2006, no one complains of Spectral Tigers costing £500 to a third party, but you're complaining about Blizzard asking for £10 for a fluff item you'd actually see more of?

You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.
    i have a mount, an "I owe you flag" I can put on a downed pvp enemy, 3 pets and a dance party.

ALL acquired from 3 party sales, ALL virtual.

and NONE came from the Blizzard store.

I did NOT see ONCE a complaint about these in game items, but now that Blizzard decides to offer the same kind of things , they are the devil...

LOL. it is called in and out of the game merchandising for the FANS. and it existed since YEARS already.

So, you ONLY have a problem when Blizzard does it. How idiotic. these things - both in game and out of the game - are for the FANS and you are not one of them.

That's very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, what about the TCG in game fluff items then? Been around since 2006, no one complains of Spectral Tigers costing £500 to a third party, but you're complaining about Blizzard asking for £10 for a fluff item you'd actually see more of?
    Yes, we are complaining about that 10 pounds, because it shows where the direction of this game is most likely headed. TCG ingame stuff was an isolated case, a novelty, a collectible, whereas the new transmog armor sells will (if there's no loud outcry) most likely continue in the expanded form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we are complaining about that 10 pounds, because it shows where the direction of this game is most likely headed. TCG ingame stuff was an isolated case, a novelty, a collectible, whereas the new transmog armor sells will (if there's no loud outcry) most likely continue in the expanded form.
    Isolated, when it's been expanded upon and expanded upon over the past 7 years?! And how are these helms, pets, mounts etc from the Blizzard store not a novelty to be collected?

Yes, we are complaining for that 10 pounds, because it shows where the direction of this game is most likely headed. TCG ingame stuff was an isolated case, a novelty, a collectible, whereas the new transmog armor sells will (if there's no loud outcry) most likely continue in the expanded form.
    I repeat, these in game AND out of the game items are for the fans. They don't impact anyone else and they have been there for years, not even offered by Blizzard

Are you bothered because a fan will run around with a fluff helmet ? seriously. Fluff items to buy were in the game since the very start at launch even (BlizzCon pets).

It is not because you buy coca cola every week you can have all merchandised coca cola things for free either.

You don't have to pay for a WoW mouse mat either, nor just another in game pet. And some fans paid 500 Euro or more for a spectral tiger 6 years ago already... Did it hurt ?
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    I unsubbed today, been playing since early 2006 - and this is where I get off. It's the principle and the lack of integrity on Blizzard's side - not the current content.
    You are not unsubbing because of that, you are unsubbing because you don't want to play anymore, and just need an excuse to unsub.
    If you still like the game and dislike the store (as I do) you can easily play wow without caring too much of what goes on sale.

The only things I bought from the store are the charity-pets, except the Japan one... too ugly.

Isolated, when it's been expanded upon and expanded upon over the past 7 years?! And how are these helms, pets, mounts etc from the Blizzard store not a novelty to be collected?
    Would you classify gear bought for money in games which are P2W collectables and a novelty? To me, pets, mounts and gear, which are only a few clicks away from your possesion, aren't even in the same league as Spectral tiger.

And that's besides the point though. The problem is that if the trend continues we'll see an increasing amount of gear, mounts, pets only obtainable by real money in an already subscription based game. And that's what worries people. Not a few rare as hell mounts.
    Last edited by Syran; 2013-07-19 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    You are not unsubbing because of that, you are unsubbing because you don't want to play anymore, and just need an excuse to unsub.
    If you still like the game and dislike the store (as I do) you can easily play wow without caring too much of what goes on sale.

The only things I bought from the store are the charity-pets, except the Japan one... too ugly.
    In looking into this ... why would ANYONE hate a fluff game shop ??? I mean, if the fluff goods don't interest you, well, it is just no use to even discuss it.

Am I frustrated if someone buys a mouse mat with a WoW logo on it ? Do I envy the guy that just bought an in game helmet he and around 300 others will wear on my server ???

Of course not. So why post about it ? because Blizzard earns money.

LOL. what a ridiculous discussion.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Then there's the whole issue of the XP Potion. That's not a "frivolous item that doesn't affect game-balance". Quite the contrary; it upsets the balance of the most fundamental aspect of the game. It is a well-known issue that leveling in Mists of Pandaria is more arduous than any Expansion to come before, and rather than exercise better game design, they're going to charge you to play the game that Blizzard is openly admitting is the way they intend it to be played.

If that doesn't piss you off, then this will; they've also mentioned that Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will likely be added as microtransactions. That's right, people with more money will be able to gear out more quickly than you, and you're kidding yourself if you think it's going to stop there.
    Just stop all this shit already... A LOT of players play many many alts, and after the 10th character to level though the same zones, it becomes soo boring.. allowing these people to buy a XP boost, is in no way gonna ruin the game, and you're dumb if you believe so...

Next... how the hell are people gonna be able to get gear faster than everyone else, by being able to buy 50 lesser charms, rather than having to farm for 2 hours to get them?, you are still limited to 3 mogu coins a week, so this is not gonna change anything.. you can farm them, or if you are just to lazy and got the cash to burn, you can buy it.. but this will not make anyway get gear faster than anyone who doesn't pay..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

People really need to stop religiously defending a corporation like this. Blizzard will do what it can get away with, that is how business works. Do you really think that if people would not care if Tier pieces were sold in the store, they would not put them in there ? Just see what they did with Diablo3. They are testing the waters.

Also with all of this happening, people might want to look up Social Media Listening and Engagement Marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lympnoid View Post
    People really need to stop religiously defending a corporation like this. Blizzard will do what it can get away with, that is how business works. Do you really think that if people would not care if Tier pieces were sold in the store, they would not put them in there ? Just see what they did with Diablo3. They are testing the waters.

Also with all of this happening, people might want to look up Social Media Listening and Engagement Marketing.
    And people should stop spewing communist pamflets too. If people like something they will pay for it. Period. Accept that.

These days it is as if every other gamer signs With Karl Marx ... while these same guys adore top sporters who gain 1 million euro a month, they would kill a company that gave them 1000's hours of personal fun.

stop already, I have seen the 60's and the best commy preachers now ride in Mercedes and have banks of their own.

Blizzard makes great games and I think the best game they ever made is D3 hardcore mode.

or how about personal gaming fun without communist preaching.

What a ridicioulous diatribe.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And people should stop spewing communist pamflets too. If people like something they will pay for it. Period. Accept that.

These days it is as if every other gamer signs With Karl Marx ... while these same guys adore top sporters who gain 1 million euro a month, they would kill a company that gave them 1000's hours of personal fun.

stop already, I have seen the 60's and the best commy preachers now ride in Mercedes and have banks of their own.

Blizzard makes great games and I think the best game they ever made is D3 hardcore mode.

Well it certainly is your right to do whatever you want with your money, and you seem especially eager to throw it into Blizzard's direction, but calling other people communists because of their skepticism towards a multimillion dollar company, out for maximizing profits? You seem a bit deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Well the primary purpose of that gear at one point was to be used for raiding, which means using rng drops or a form of currency to limit the rate of acquisition. They're not going to change how that gear is obtained just because it's no longer relevant.
    They do not need to change the original way of acquiring the gear but could add popular gear available to purchase with honour or justice points.

I repeat, these in game AND out of the game items are for the fans. They don't impact anyone else and they have been there for years, not even offered by Blizzard

Are you bothered because a fan will run around with a fluff helmet ? seriously. Fluff items to buy were in the game since the very start at launch even (BlizzCon pets).

It is not because you buy coca cola every week you can have all merchandised coca cola things for free either.

You don't have to pay for a WoW mouse mat either, nor just another in game pet. And some fans paid 500 Euro or more for a spectral tiger 6 years ago already... Did it hurt ?
    This thread is about in game items I had not seen anyone mention physical merchandise until you decided to bring it up.

Your inability to see the difference between virtual and real life goods reminds me of this;

No-one, appears, to an issue with selling out of game merchandise to those who wish to buy it however many have issue with in game items being created and sold when the subscription fee should cover in game items.

Wow completely off topic it is almost as if nonsense itself has been given access to the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you classify gear bought for money in games which are P2W collectables and a novelty? To me, pets, mounts and gear, which are only a few clicks away from your possesion, aren't even in the same league as Spectral tiger.

And that's besides the point though. The problem is that if the trend continues we'll see an increasing amount of gear, mounts, pets only obtainable by real money in an already subscription based game. And that's what worries people. Not a few rare as hell mounts.
    Where are these items that directly increase player power on the Blizz store? Because I'm not seeing anything that compares to the Diablo 3 system in WoW.

Why is it okay for the Spectral Tiger to be rare and profitable for third parties, but not okay for something to be readily available for the same purpose at a much more reasonable price for sale by the actual developer?

The only argument I can see that squares your view, is that maybe the helms should cost even more to ensure they remain rare and exclusive, like the TGC mounts.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-19 at 12:50 PM.

"You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less."

That's a pretty arbitrary definition and only required narrowing once they started selling additional stuff in the Blizzard store. Pets, mounts, now cosmetic gear, soon experience buffs and lesser charms... what next? Who knows.

The fact is, WoW is one of the most expensive games to play these days. You may say $15 a month is cheap, and that might be true compared to groceries or whatever, but it's a LOT more than almost all other video games demand of you. Playing WoW requires a box purchase of around $40 every two years plus $180 a year in subscription. Even more if you happen to want a server transfer or character recustomization. In comparison, most MMOs are buy-to-play or free-to-play, and other games aren't going to run you more than a one-time $60.

So, considering that at baseline WoW already demands more of your money than almost any other game today, it's just frustrating for them to continue to add more and more stuff that you have to pay extra for. Enough is enough.

Where are these items that directly increase player power on the Blizz store? Because I'm not seeing anything that compares to the Diablo 3 system in WoW.

Why is it okay for the Spectral Tiger to be rare and profitable for third parties, but not okay for something to be readily available for the same purpose at a much more reasonable price for sale by the actual developer?

The only argument I can see that squares your view, is that maybe the helms should cost even more to ensure they remain rare and exclusive, like the TGC mounts.
    Those items aren't (yet) in the store. However, cosmetics are an important aspect of the game to many players, and with the amount of those items increasing, the amount of players who disappointingly find out they can't access those items without paying an extra fee on top of subcription and initial game cost will increase as well.

It's not about the price. It's about the ongoing trend. Spectral Tigers didn't signal the gradual transition into the microtransaction policies, as I said, they were an rare novelty, not connected to current industry trends.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    The gym I have a membership at opened a shop with t-shirts, drinks, etc... Of course I had to cancel my membership right away because... well, because $$$ and stuff...
    Does your gym offer a deal where if you invite an overweight friend, they drop lbs twice as fast?

That's right, your analogy is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those items aren't (yet) in the store. However, cosmetics are an important aspect of the game to many players, and with the amount of those items increasing, the amount of players who disappointingly find out they can't access those items without paying an extra fee on top of subcription and initial game cost will increase as well.

It's not about the price. It's about the ongoing trend. Spectral Tigers didn't signal the gradual transition into the microtransaction policies, as I said, they were an rare novelty, not connected to current industry trends.
    Of course they were connected, if not worse. They promoted the purchase of a third party product and gambling by offering the chance of a shiny, rare, novelty item. The whole point was to drive repeat purchases of a product by players of WoW, who may not have even had an interest in the TGC itself at all.

They absolutely are connected, because it's their very existence is why players felt such novelty items should be available without having to purchase a third party product in the first place. If there's a thin end of the wedge, that's it, and it's been that way for getting on for 7 years now and I see no serious thickening in that time, just an expansion of what's already there.