Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ...
35
43
44
45
46
47
... LastLast
  1. #881
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I cant honestly belivie that there are people like this. You are supposed to EARN your transmog, whats next, does this kind of players want to buy titles? Oh god.
    "Earn" transmog? I personally like the BC dungeon sets, and "earning" them amounts to nothing more than running through old BC 5-mans, sometimes heroics, 1-shotting everything and hoping to get lucky with RNG.

    How about my Warlock? I only made the character within the last few months, and when I got green fire I decided to go with the green Ruthless Gladiator set - how did I get that? By running BGs that I was going to do anyway and getting Honor that I couldn't spend on anything (unless I converted it or bought Motes of Harmony).

    The only thing I would possibly qualify as "earning" is the fucking Bloodhoof Legguards for my DK, which still haven't dropped, despite a monumental number of runs that in the end developed RNG fatigue and a lack of desire to play the character any longer. THAT'S what "earning" gets you.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    And Blizzard, you are so lame letting people use flying mounts from the store in the battlegrounds while i cant use my freaking flying mount on it! Its unfair.
    Store mounts are designed to be available from level 20, so they have to be capable of being used in non-flying mount areas. There are other mounts in the game that have this quality, such as the Headless Horseman's mount or the Flying Carpets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

  2. #882
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    "Earn" transmog? I personally like the BC dungeon sets, and "earning" them amounts to nothing more than running through old BC 5-mans, sometimes heroics, 1-shotting everything and hoping to get lucky with RNG.

    How about my Warlock? I only made the character within the last few months, and when I got green fire I decided to go with the green Ruthless Gladiator set - how did I get that? By running BGs that I was going to do anyway and getting Honor that I couldn't spend on anything (unless I converted it or bought Motes of Harmony).

    The only thing I would possibly qualify as "earning" is the fucking Bloodhoof Legguards for my DK, which still haven't dropped, despite a monumental number of runs that in the end developed RNG fatigue and a lack of desire to play the character any longer. THAT'S what "earning" gets you.
    Personally I think that Blizzard should spend time and effort making the ways of obtaining gear for transmogging more enjoyable and not use boring RNG as excuse to charge players extra.

  3. #883
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    This is going to bite blizzard in the butt in the next game they make. I will never buy a blizzard product again. They are like EA now. only worse.


    What happened to blizzard you ask?

    They got a disease named Activision.
    yeah ... that's why Diablo 3 now sold 14 million PC copies, its console version is already in the top 10 of both amazon.fr and amazon.de (Germany is the biggest market in finances) ... 7 weeks before launch ... and Hearthstone will go to a zillion users on iPads and PC's...

    why is every Blizzard hater a communist these days anyway ?

    btw: that helmet will surely help in winning isn't it ? LOL...

    -----

    I NEVER saw ONE complaint when those fingerprint items were sold ..."cool" was all I read ....

    and: the BEST thing I did was to order a fingerprint figure of my main avatar: it costed me 130 Euro to have it made and send it over.

    ---->>>> so you accept a 3 rd party shop that make fluff WoW items but NOT when Blizzard does it ?

    WoW, talking about idiotic behaviour.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 08:17 AM.

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    yeah ... that's why Diablo 3 now sold 14 million PC copies, its console version is already in the top 10 of both amazon.fr and amazon.de (Germany is the biggest market in finances) ... 7 weeks before launch ... and Hearthstone will go to a zillion users on iPads and PC's...

    why is every Blizzard hater a communist these days anyway ?

    btw: that helmet will surely help in winning isn't it ? LOL...
    Undoubtedly D3 was a huge financial success however the last figures released from Blizzard were that D3 had sold 12 million copies by the end of 2012 and as of May 2013 D3 had been "played" by 14.5 million players. No doubt many of these players are playing the free starter edition and the fact that there have been no updated sales figures released suggests that sales have dropped off.

    Why do you think Hearthstone will attract a "zillion" users and given the competitive market on tablets and phones how many of these users will actually spend any money?

  5. #885
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I don't get it. Blizzard is testing something to make more money that has barely any benefit for the consumers. People here are defending it with the only arguments "it doesn't affect your or my gameplay" or "I have plenty of money".

    Can someone explain to me how this can makes sense to someone? Why do you people want this ingame store so badly? Why do you want to get rid of your money so badly?

    It's seriously mind boggling... Blizzard seriously wants to claim that players asked for this and that the big benefit is that it's convenient because you don't have to alt-tab to your webbrowser anymore?
    Because some players love the game/world they play in so much... they want to gather objects from it ?

    Like in game pets, fluff helmets, mouse pads, fingerprint statues, T shirst (both in game as out of game things) etc...

    When these things can be bought from Blizzard it is blasphomy, but when third party websites sell them ... it is normal and even welcomed ???

    what strange attitude is that ? when 3rd party makers gain money out of WoW it is allowed, but not when Blizzard puts it up ???

    What kind of indecent and selective anti Blizzard thinking is this anyway ???

  6. #886
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Because some players love the game/world they play in so much... they want to gather objects from it ?

    Like in game pets, fluff helmets, mouse pads, fingerprint statues, T shirst (both in game as out of game things) etc...

    When these things can be bought from Blizzard it is blasphomy, but when third party websites sell them ... it is normal and even welcomed ???

    what strange attitude is that ? when 3rd party makers gain money out of WoW it is allowed, but not when Blizzard puts it up ???

    What kind of indecent and selective anti Blizzard thinking is this anyway ???
    Where has anyone in this thread said they support third parties selling in game items? You know when he talked about alt-tabbing he was talking about using Blizzard's website?

  7. #887
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Where has anyone in this thread said they support third parties selling in game items? You know when he talked about alt-tabbing he was talking about using Blizzard's website?
    Are you telling me with a straigth face you are AGAINST the OFFICIAL sales of Mouse pads, WoW T shirts, WoW in game item cards and those fantastic Figureprint Statues ???

    of course not, but when Blizzard puts these SAME things on their webshop it is blasphomy ?

    what a disgusting selective attitude you have.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:30 AM.

  8. #888
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Are you telling me with a straigth face you are AGAINST the OFFICIAL sales of Mouse pads, WoW T shirts, WoW in game item cards and those fantastic Fingerprint Statues ???

    of course not, but when Blizzard puts these SAME things on their webshop it is blasphomy ?

    what a disgusting selective attitude you have.
    Er, no. I have made absolutely no mention of mouse pads, t-shirts or fingerprint statues (whatever they are) fantastic or otherwise.

  9. #889
    So then problem solved: if you don't have comments on official WoW fluff items sold by 3rd parties, stop making comments about WoW items put up on Blizzard's OWN store

    it's fans fluff stuff. pretty obvious. Or do you hate Blizzard so much you hate the card game and special items within? Fans dont mind paying for things they love.

    Like I said: my 3D avatar of Figureprints costed me 130 euros! Best money spend on WoW ever.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:29 AM.

  10. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So then problem solved: if you don't have comments on official WoW fluff items sold by 3rd parties, stop making comments about WoW items put up on Blizzard's OWN store

    it's fans fluff stuff. pretty obvious.
    Hmm, ok. What does third a party selling official Blizzard merchandise have to do with an in game item store? Do you actually read what is written in any thread or do you just reply to what you think might be written?

  11. #891
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, ok. What does third a party selling official Blizzard merchandise have to do with an in game item store? Do you actually read what is written in any thread or do you just reply to what you think might be written?
    Everything.

    Because the in game store will sell same fluff WoW things you can already find on officially 3rd party licensed stores (cards for example) and no one complained.

    but oh boy ... when blizzard sells these things -both IN game as out of the game items - DIRECTLY. within the game..., it is blasphomy...

    it shows a selective disgusting anti Blizzard attitude. It tells everything really.

    btw my second best WoW item was the I owe you flag that came with the rare WOW card 5 years ago .... Cryptozoic licensed product. no one complained, but God forbid Blizzard instead of Cryptozoic would be on it ...

    So this whole debate is FAKE really because it is about fluff in game and out of the game merchandising.

    Which pretty much is simply standard business these days for ANY activity.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:13 AM.

  12. #892
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Everything.

    Because the in game store will sell same fluff WoW things you can already find on officially 3rd party licensed stores (cards for example) and no one complained.

    but oh boy ... when blizzard sells these things -both IN game as out of the game items - DIRECTLY. within the game..., it is blasphomy...

    it shows a selective disgusting anti Blizzard attitude.
    This thread is about in game items being available for sale and then you decide to post about physical items that are available from both Blizzard and third parties. You are aware that there is a difference between the virtual items and physical goods?

    Anyway I guess from your reply you answered my second question.

  13. #893
    The store is more expensive than anything I have ever seen in F2P, and people are paying a sub on top of it. If people are happy being taken advantage of for a shiny hey go nuts. Throw your money at Blizzard after all they are treating players like idiots with this high priced low quality crap, but hey if people are willing to pay for it you can't really blame Blizzard for taking advantage of them, I mean it's like robbing the blind.

    Pardo himself said in an interview in 2006 I think it was that selling items in a store detracts from in game achievement and they would likely never do that. lol. I guess they decided that money was more important than in game achievement meaning something. Only time will tell how much stuff they sell in the store, maybe people are overreacting, maybe they are being realistic who knows. But when pets first came out, people were pretty sure it would go no further than pets.

  14. #894
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This thread is about in game items being available for sale and then you decide to post about physical items that are available from both Blizzard and third parties. You are aware that there is a difference between the virtual items and physical goods?

    Anyway I guess from your reply you answered my second question.
    Wrong answer AGAIN. the Cryptozoic cards went on sale for 5 years already and contain virtual items to be used IN game as well.

    so your reasoning does NOT make sense.

    You simply ran out of arguments. You are simply selective: when 3rd parties gain money out of Blizzard's fluff stuff it is ok (Cryptozoic, Figureprints, etc ...) , but when you can find the same fluff stuff on a Blizzard shop it is BLASPHOMY.

    wrong, it is selective hating. It simply is proof you are no longer reasoning correctly as long as you see the name Blizzard.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:34 AM.

  15. #895
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Wrong answer AGAIN. the Cryptozoic cards went on sale for 5 years already and contain virtual items as well.

    so your reasoning does NOT make sense.

    You simply ran out of arguments. You are simply selective: when 3rd parties gain money out of Blizzard's fluff stuff it is ok (Cryptozoic, Figureprints, etc ...) , but when you can find the same fluff stuff on a Blizzard shop it is BLASPHOMY.

    wrong, it is selective hating. It simply is proof you are no longer reasoning correctly as long as you see the name Blizzard.
    You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

    This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.

  16. #896
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Personally I think that Blizzard should spend time and effort making the ways of obtaining gear for transmogging more enjoyable and not use boring RNG as excuse to charge players extra.
    Well the primary purpose of that gear at one point was to be used for raiding, which means using rng drops or a form of currency to limit the rate of acquisition. They're not going to change how that gear is obtained just because it's no longer relevant.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  17. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

    This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.
    Well, what about the TCG in game fluff items then? Been around since 2006, no one complains of Spectral Tigers costing £500 to a third party, but you're complaining about Blizzard asking for £10 for a fluff item you'd actually see more of?

  18. #898
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

    This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.
    i have a mount, an "I owe you flag" I can put on a downed pvp enemy, 3 pets and a dance party.

    ALL acquired from 3 party sales, ALL virtual.

    and NONE came from the Blizzard store.

    I did NOT see ONCE a complaint about these in game items, but now that Blizzard decides to offer the same kind of things , they are the devil...

    LOL. it is called in and out of the game merchandising for the FANS. and it existed since YEARS already.

    So, you ONLY have a problem when Blizzard does it. How idiotic. these things - both in game and out of the game - are for the FANS and you are not one of them.

    That's very clear.

  19. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, what about the TCG in game fluff items then? Been around since 2006, no one complains of Spectral Tigers costing £500 to a third party, but you're complaining about Blizzard asking for £10 for a fluff item you'd actually see more of?
    Yes, we are complaining about that 10 pounds, because it shows where the direction of this game is most likely headed. TCG ingame stuff was an isolated case, a novelty, a collectible, whereas the new transmog armor sells will (if there's no loud outcry) most likely continue in the expanded form.

  20. #900
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    Yes, we are complaining about that 10 pounds, because it shows where the direction of this game is most likely headed. TCG ingame stuff was an isolated case, a novelty, a collectible, whereas the new transmog armor sells will (if there's no loud outcry) most likely continue in the expanded form.
    Isolated, when it's been expanded upon and expanded upon over the past 7 years?! And how are these helms, pets, mounts etc from the Blizzard store not a novelty to be collected?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •