Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Where are these items that directly increase player power on the Blizz store? Because I'm not seeing anything that compares to the Diablo 3 system in WoW.

    Why is it okay for the Spectral Tiger to be rare and profitable for third parties, but not okay for something to be readily available for the same purpose at a much more reasonable price for sale by the actual developer?

    The only argument I can see that squares your view, is that maybe the helms should cost even more to ensure they remain rare and exclusive, like the TGC mounts.
    Perfect argument and it shows that the dudes accusing Blizzard have all DOUBLE standards.

    When a 3rd party makes money out of WoW products (IN game in this case) it is no problem, but when Blizzard adds mounts, pets or fluff items to its own shop it is blasphomy.

    So these guys simply oppose because Blizzard now sells a mount themselves instead of the profiting 3rd party in the past 6 years...

    Weirdos and it just proves how immature these Blizzard haters really are.

    Oh look ! Blizzard is gaining money !
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:43 PM.

  2. #922
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Perfect argument and it shows that the dudes accusing Blizzard have all DOUBLE standards.

    When a 3rd party makes money out of WoW products (IN game in this case) it is no problem, but when Blizzard adds mounts, pets or fluff items to its own shop it is blasphomy.

    So these guys simply oppose because Blizzard now sells a mount themselves instead of the profiting 3rd party in the past 6 years...

    Weirdos and it just proves how immature these Blizzard haters really are.

    Oh look ! Blizzard is gaining money !
    oh look, its BenBos. he owns Blizzard, which is why he is so happy they are trying to get money for doing as little as they possibly can.

    oh wait, he doesnt. he is just an average person, sitting in front of his computer cheering on every move Blizzard makes.

    i wonder why he does that? it really makes no sense for a normal person to behave that way.

    anyone have any idea?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

  3. #923
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Not only that but it's more like if the gym charged for membership and then starts selling access to premium equipment claiming it doesnt matter because its just as good as the old stuff and helps you lose weight just as fast.
    Most gyms I'm aware of operate exactly this kind of system with different levels of subscription offering access to different levels of kit and areas, and then premium services on top of that in terms of differing levels 'personal training' and classes for specific types of excersize.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    oh look, its BenBos. he owns Blizzard, which is why he is so happy they are trying to get money for doing as little as they possibly can.

    oh wait, he doesnt. he is just an average person, sitting in front of his computer cheering on every move Blizzard makes.

    i wonder why he does that? it really makes no sense for a normal person to behave that way.

    anyone have any idea?
    I think he just accepts this isn't a new business practice for Blizzard, and unless you've been waving your pitchforks at them since 2006 over TCG stuff, you don't really have a position to complain about these new items which for all intents and purposes are exactly the same. They've been extracting money for zero effort from their franchises since the first time they licensed out their trademarks for third party products - doesn't get much less effort than that to make a buck off something to have someone else make it for you.

  4. #924
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Perfect argument and it shows that the dudes accusing Blizzard have all DOUBLE standards.

    When a 3rd party makes money out of WoW products (IN game in this case) it is no problem, but when Blizzard adds mounts, pets or fluff items to its own shop it is blasphomy.

    So these guys simply oppose because Blizzard now sells a mount themselves instead of the profiting 3rd party in the past 6 years...

    Weirdos and it just proves how immature these Blizzard haters really are.

    Oh look ! Blizzard is gaining money !
    You don't know what you're talking about, you have no idea what the debate is about and frankly everything you post sounds like you have foam around your mouth while yelling "haters" at people and stroking your Blizzard figurines. You've proved this time and time again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Of course they were connected, if not worse. They promoted the purchase of a third party product and gambling by offering the chance of a shiny, rare, novelty item. The whole point was to drive repeat purchases of a product by players of WoW, who may not have even had an interest in the TGC itself at all.

    They absolutely are connected, because it's their very existence is why players felt such novelty items should be available without having to purchase a third party product in the first place. If there's a thin end of the wedge, that's it, and it's been that way for getting on for 7 years now and I see no serious thickening in that time, just an expansion of what's already there.
    The key word is expansion, and if Spectral mount was a more or less isolated case before, selling transmog gear and other ingame items will soon become a norm.

  5. #925
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    The key word is expansion, and if Spectral mount was a more or less isolated case before, selling transmog gear and other ingame items will soon become a norm.
    It wasn't isolated. It wasn't even in the first wave of TCG items. It's been a norm with mounts, pets and tabards since 2006.

  6. #926
    Everyone believes in this greedy corporate conspiracy theory because it makes them feel good about why they fucked up in life. That's all I have to say, now excuse me while I go buy all 3 helmets for every person in my guild.

    You guys can fight "the man", whoever that might be, but I'm going to support a game developer whose products I enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  7. #927
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Everyone believes in this greedy corporate conspiracy theory because it makes them feel good about why they fucked up in life. That's all I have to say, now excuse me while I go buy all 3 helmets for every person in my guild.
    You make even less sense than some people here, that's quite an achievement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It wasn't isolated. It wasn't even in the first wave of TCG items. It's been a norm with mounts, pets and tabards since 2006.
    Did the game back then signal to go the way of increasing microtransactions (even if only cosmetic) while still keeping the subscription fee? All the TCG merchandise isn't in the same basket as the current store stuff, it costs more, it isn't as readily available, the prices aren't set by Blizzard and it didn't come in the circumstances surrounding the game which we have now.

  8. #928
    Like I've said before.. you can GUARANTY that blizzard will save ANY cool looking gear for the blizzard store.

    and that's not cool and I guess I can only vote with my money and that's why i'm letting my account run out and considering deleting all my chars so I don't have the temptation to come back.

  9. #929
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    Did the game back then signal to go the way of increasing microtransactions (even if only cosmetic) while still keeping the subscription fee? All the TCG merchandise isn't in the same basket as the current store stuff, it costs more, it isn't as readily available, the prices aren't set by Blizzard and it didn't come in the circumstances surrounding the game which we have now.
    You have your cart and horse in an unconventional arrangement. We have pet store items precisely because those vanity items from TCG were uncommon, not readily available and had prices set extortionately high by third parties.

  10. #930
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    Like I've said before.. you can GUARANTY that blizzard will save ANY cool looking gear for the blizzard store.

    and that's not cool and I guess I can only vote with my money and that's why i'm letting my account run out and considering deleting all my chars so I don't have the temptation to come back.
    No you can't. And please do so.

  11. #931
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You have your cart and horse in an unconventional arrangement. We have pet store items precisely because those vanity items from TCG were uncommon, not readily available and had prices set extortionately high by third parties.
    I wouldn't say that's the precise reason but ok, it might be, in any way Blizzard wants full control over this obviously and squeeze as much profit out if it as they can.

  12. #932
    Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    I wouldn't say that's the precise reason but ok, it might be, in any way Blizzard wants full control over this obviously and squeeze as much profit out if it as they can.

    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spectral-tiger

    Please click the link ... and there are at least 20 other fluff items already in the game since years ...selling between 10 dollars and 600 dollars... and profits going to others instead of Blizzard ..

    What would you do as a commercial company ?

    but when Blizzard sets up a shop to sell a handfull of these fluff items at 15 dollars they are ... evil ?

    LOL.

  13. #933
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spectral-tiger

    Please click the link ... and there are at least 20 other fluff items already in the game since years ...selling between 10 dollars and 600 dollars... and profits going to others instead of Blizzard ..

    What would you do as a commercial company ?

    but when Blizzard sets up a shop to sell a handfull of these fluff items at 15 dollars they are ... evil ?

    LOL.
    Who has said that third parties selling in game items for cash is ok? You do realise that the amount of people that will spend $500+ on an in game item is incredibly small? People have been buying gold ever since online gaming began although the vast majority of players are against gold sellers to extend your argument because a tiny amount players buy gold it would be ok for Blizzard to start selling it directly.

  14. #934
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spectral-tiger

    Please click the link ... and there are at least 20 other fluff items already in the game since years ...selling between 10 dollars and 600 dollars... and profits going to others instead of Blizzard ..

    What would you do as a commercial company ?

    but when Blizzard sets up a shop to sell a handfull of these fluff items at 15 dollars they are ... evil ?

    LOL.
    That's almost the same logic that Blizzard used to justify the RMAH in Diablo 3. Someone else was making money from their work, so they put in a system that meant it was easier for that money to go right to Blizzard.

    Now Blizzard is seeing, as you just said, that other people are profitting from their own work. So instead of just allowing this to happen, they slowly start to change the way the TCG items are gained (who's to say those 3 helms wern't going to be TCG items?), by putting them into a cash-shop and all the money goes right to Blizzard.

    But that's fine isn't it, because the RMAH and it's addition to Diablo 3 didn't affect that game for the worse, now did it?

    LOL

  15. #935
    i think Blizzard should make us pay every time the raid wipes. Because they can.

  16. #936
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    You are not unsubbing because of that, you are unsubbing because you don't want to play anymore, and just need an excuse to unsub.
    If you still like the game and dislike the store (as I do) you can easily play wow without caring too much of what goes on sale.

    The only things I bought from the store are the charity-pets, except the Japan one... too ugly.
    Wow, are you a mind reader or just plain bitter and dumb?

  17. #937
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Perfect argument and it shows that the dudes accusing Blizzard have all DOUBLE standards.

    When a 3rd party makes money out of WoW products (IN game in this case) it is no problem, but when Blizzard adds mounts, pets or fluff items to its own shop it is blasphomy.

    So these guys simply oppose because Blizzard now sells a mount themselves instead of the profiting 3rd party in the past 6 years...

    Weirdos and it just proves how immature these Blizzard haters really are.

    Oh look ! Blizzard is gaining money !
    The trading card items were collectibles. Furthermore, they were not just profitable to the third party, but to Blizzard as well (because royalties).
    It's basically a perk for people who love WoW so much that they're willing to even play a CCG in the setting (even if it's not that great, and the artwork is just crap).

    Exclusive pets from the special editions and blizzcons also fall into the 'perk' category.

    The cash shop items (all of them) are different because vanity-for-sale is typical of (better quality) F2P games. People have long since supported WoW because it was subscription based, which means (to most) that, even though you pay, you can get the same stuff as everybody else, if you try hard enough. Pretty much making everything you gain an in-game achievement.
    F2P games, on the other hand, offer the basic stuff, that which you require, as in-game, and add 'special' exclusive vanity gear to their cash shop: If you want it, you need to buy it. That is their business model; that is how they make money. You can set yourself apart by paying more.

    They are two completely different business models.

    With the cash shop, Blizzard is pretty much still asking for a subscription, but your skill or in-game dedication and perseverence no longer dictates whether or not you can gain access to exclusive, unique-ish items. Instead, you will need to pay for them. So they're adding the F2P business model to a P2P game, meaning that they effectively use a double business model, and one that is unfair to proponents of either.

    Did this explain the problems people have with this model? Well; yes. Do you now understand it? I doubt it... You don't want to understand, after all.

  18. #938
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    Like I've said before.. you can GUARANTY that blizzard will save ANY cool looking gear for the blizzard store.

    and that's not cool and I guess I can only vote with my money and that's why i'm letting my account run out and considering deleting all my chars so I don't have the temptation to come back.
    one of the few actually genuine and likeable comments in this thread so far. only reasonable thing at this point is quit this boring game and do something more useful with your time. and at this point anything is more useful than giving this sell-out company any money.

  19. #939
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Every time Blizzard announces something new for the pet store we see the same threads come up about how a game with a monthly sub fee shouldn't have a microtransaction store. I get really frustrated when I see these posts because some people just don't get it.

    You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.
    That's not for you or Blizzard to decide, that's for the consumer. If I think that I pay my subscription for access to the whole package and suddenly I stop getting that, it's solely at my discretion whether I keep paying or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen. The Blizzard store is not a slippery slope...
    You don't know that. While I doubt that we'll see current-tier gear for real money, I have no doubt that the Blizzard of five years ago wouldn't recognize the Blizzard of today. Blizzard once said they would never implement anything that gave you an in-game advantage, and here we are able to acquire gold and mounts without effort put into the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    ...it is a smart business move to bring in more money for the company. The more resources Blizzard has, the more content they can develop and the better off we are as players.
    It may not be a smart business move if they lose more earnings through people quitting than they make in store sales.

    I am skeptical that the money raised by the items in the Blizzard store will become retained earnings. I think it's far more likely that it's put towards bonuses for executives or dividends for shareholders.

    The Blizzard store is a bad deal for players. I can only guess that the people defending it don't value money very highly.

  20. #940
    I wish they would switch things up a little.

    Personally I don't care what people spend their money on. Its THEIR money lol.

    My thing is that I wish they would take that creativity they found crumpled up in a ball behind the couch in the Blizzard Lounge Room™ and use it when designing the tier sets. Because T16 Looks like sh*t all around. It's like no thought was put into any of it.

    Then they come out with these magnificent xmog helms to sell for $15 a pop that would look amazing if they could be part of a tier set. Try to imagine a DK w/ the ice crown helm with a frost oriented set... the skeletal visage disappearing and reappearing. Now that would be awesome! Right?

    Instead we get this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQSM-ZzucI which in my opinion plays too much on the t14 armor. That's just my OPINION though. Keyword: Opinion. Google it.

    15$ a month isn't just a monetary investment. It's also a time investment as well.

    So TL;DR I wish we had tier armor the same quality as the xmog items on the blizzard store for the time investment we put in playing/raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •