Any news/predictions on 5.4 release?

I left retail about 2 months ago for rift, after not having time for the excess amount of time needed for raiding in rift I decided to probably just leave it unfortunately, and possibly pick up wow a little closer to 5.4 release.

I know most of the answers I'll get are Soon(tm), but does anyone have any strong predictions for this? I'm willing to sub if we're about a month away from it, possibly a little over a month. I know the PTR is looking pretty well along. I want to come back mostly for the new raid, timeless isle & proving grounds in addition to the fact I can pretty much pick up LFR & Flex when I have the time rather than having to dedicate times out of my life at the moment to raid (which I may do at some point, right now I can't)

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I know most of the answers I'll get are Soon(tm)
    That is going to be the answer you get..there has been no information about any type of date for release. A few months would be the best prediction out there

I know the PTR is looking pretty well along.
    Oh that's cute. Spend 5 minutes there, especially the timeless isle and come back to us

end of august or early september, yours sincerely

I know the PTR is looking pretty well along.
    They haven't even finished the implementation phase yet. There's still a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    Oh that's cute. Spend 5 minutes there, especially the timeless isle and come back to us
    I was on the PTR the day it came out for 5.4, it was EXTREMELY broken then. Gems not working, tier sets not implemented just yet (not broken but...lacking I guess), raids just not having bosses spawned in general. Things like that.

I know its not finished, but like I said its come aways.

I had guessed about august/september. I didn't realize it was going to take them this long to pan out the raid. I hope we're not looking at 10 months of tier 15 though.

21 weeks and counting for ToT. This raid is about as fresh as moldy bread. I thought they were going to deliver more content faster.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    21 weeks and counting for ToT. This raid is about as fresh as moldy bread. I thought they were going to deliver more content faster.
    5 months for a tier isn't bad at all. I guess it might be stale if all you do is LFR though.

OT: I'm hoping end of august so I have some time to try things out.
    Last edited by Notos; 2013-07-21 at 05:11 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I have to agree with Notos. I think the 5 month time frame we're sitting in right now is as close as it took for wrath -> ulduar. Even then it was what, 6-7 months? Can't remember. Toc was shortly after too. I would aim around 6 months.

I hope its august. I think that was alot of peoples predictions when PTR was released for 5.4 anyways. Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

4-5 weeks is my guess.