Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ive been thinking about this. I have never ever seen any player requesting such a stupid thing as wanting to buy transmog instead of doing what you are supposed to do, go on a solo journey or atleast bring 2-3 friends and cross your finger for a rare transmog drop.

I cant honestly belivie that there are people like this. You are supposed to EARN your transmog, whats next, does this kind of players want to buy titles? Oh god.

I have a cool fist transmog which droped from a boss in Tempest Keep, a claw with flames on it. I always wanted to be able to dye it blue because blue flames are epic in my eyes, but sadly as more and more people are defending this crap, expect it to end up in the store instead of something you can earn in-game. "Oh its cosmetic" yeah do you have any idea what problems you are causing?

And Blizzard, you are so lame letting people use flying mounts from the store in the battlegrounds while i cant use my freaking flying mount on it! Its unfair.

And btw whats up with the free migration limit? Are you expecting me to migrate to a dead server without getting anything? Lol this game has already fallen into the black hole and its about to hit the singularity.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-07-18 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Why? Because you can't think coherently enough to provide anything constructive to the post? (I was being sarcastic by the way, I was addressing the moronic whiners complaining about what's considered "fair" and "not fair" with what Blizzard does with their money).
    Nah, you''ve missed my point entirely... you see, when I read what you'd posted in this thread it appeared to me like you were some smart ass little kid probably still wearing his braces and dealing with acne... and thats what I try to avoid... argueing with a little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Ive been thinking about this. I have never ever seen any player requesting such a stupid thing as wanting to buy transmog instead of doing what you are supposed to do, go on a solo journey or atleast bring 2-3 friends and cross your finger for a rare transmog drop.

I cant honestly belivie that there are people like this. You are supposed to EARN your transmog, whats next, does this kind of players want to buy titles? Oh god.
    What a joke!

People who fail to earn raid loot wanted something that looks like certain raid gear. Transmog came!

Now it is sold for real money in a store, so what?

Both are the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Yea, he's pretty funny, taking the value of 15$ so far out of context.
    You want to find out how EXPENSIVE 15 bucks for a video game is in 2013, then like I said earlier in the thread, go on Steam right now and see how much you can get for 15 bucks.
    15 bucks can get you a lot more then a month's playtime on WoW.

If you want to argue that you're willing to part with 15bucks a month because it offers you a lot of time worth of entertainment/things to do, then fine that makes sense. But by video game standards, 15 bucks a month is pretty expensive, it's not a good deal for what you are getting (once again, by video game standards), so don't pretend otherwise.
    Fight for better deals, don't justify getting ripped off. That's just falling victim to buyer's remorse.
    After playing some F2P mmos I agree w/this. For players who do not raid, I don't see the value you're getting from your $12-$15/mo. And cost of server transfers particularly bothers me because it's so easy and automated on Blizzard's end, and your server has such a dramatic effect on gameplay.

Other games offer a better value for far less.

Deleted
    A game that has a paid subscription shouldn't have content locked behind more reallife cash imho
    If i pay 15 euros a month for a game, i expect that i can access all the content it has, even if that includes vanity gear or gear that is "just for looks".
    the selling of pets/mounts on the blizzard site was already shady, but at least that was still mostly for charity.
    Now they made an ingame shop and stash a lot of things in it that are locked for already paying customers, this is a really really bad idea imho.

Getting more and more glad that i have left WoW behind me some time ago really, this kind of news does not make me want to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Earn" transmog? I personally like the BC dungeon sets, and "earning" them amounts to nothing more than running through old BC 5-mans, sometimes heroics, 1-shotting everything and hoping to get lucky with RNG.

How about my Warlock? I only made the character within the last few months, and when I got green fire I decided to go with the green Ruthless Gladiator set - how did I get that? By running BGs that I was going to do anyway and getting Honor that I couldn't spend on anything (unless I converted it or bought Motes of Harmony).

The only thing I would possibly qualify as "earning" is the fucking Bloodhoof Legguards for my DK, which still haven't dropped, despite a monumental number of runs that in the end developed RNG fatigue and a lack of desire to play the character any longer. THAT'S what "earning" gets you.

And Blizzard, you are so lame letting people use flying mounts from the store in the battlegrounds while i cant use my freaking flying mount on it! Its unfair.
    Store mounts are designed to be available from level 20, so they have to be capable of being used in non-flying mount areas. There are other mounts in the game that have this quality, such as the Headless Horseman's mount or the Flying Carpets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    "Earn" transmog? I personally like the BC dungeon sets, and "earning" them amounts to nothing more than running through old BC 5-mans, sometimes heroics, 1-shotting everything and hoping to get lucky with RNG.

How about my Warlock? I only made the character within the last few months, and when I got green fire I decided to go with the green Ruthless Gladiator set - how did I get that? By running BGs that I was going to do anyway and getting Honor that I couldn't spend on anything (unless I converted it or bought Motes of Harmony).

The only thing I would possibly qualify as "earning" is the fucking Bloodhoof Legguards for my DK, which still haven't dropped, despite a monumental number of runs that in the end developed RNG fatigue and a lack of desire to play the character any longer. THAT'S what "earning" gets you.
    Personally I think that Blizzard should spend time and effort making the ways of obtaining gear for transmogging more enjoyable and not use boring RNG as excuse to charge players extra.

Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    This is going to bite blizzard in the butt in the next game they make. I will never buy a blizzard product again. They are like EA now. only worse.

What happened to blizzard you ask?

They got a disease named Activision.
    yeah ... that's why Diablo 3 now sold 14 million PC copies, its console version is already in the top 10 of both amazon.fr and amazon.de (Germany is the biggest market in finances) ... 7 weeks before launch ... and Hearthstone will go to a zillion users on iPads and PC's...

why is every Blizzard hater a communist these days anyway ?

btw: that helmet will surely help in winning isn't it ? LOL...

-----

I NEVER saw ONE complaint when those fingerprint items were sold ..."cool" was all I read ....

and: the BEST thing I did was to order a fingerprint figure of my main avatar: it costed me 130 Euro to have it made and send it over.

---->>>> so you accept a 3 rd party shop that make fluff WoW items but NOT when Blizzard does it ?

WoW, talking about idiotic behaviour.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    yeah ... that's why Diablo 3 now sold 14 million PC copies, its console version is already in the top 10 of both amazon.fr and amazon.de (Germany is the biggest market in finances) ... 7 weeks before launch ... and Hearthstone will go to a zillion users on iPads and PC's...

why is every Blizzard hater a communist these days anyway ?

btw: that helmet will surely help in winning isn't it ? LOL...
    Undoubtedly D3 was a huge financial success however the last figures released from Blizzard were that D3 had sold 12 million copies by the end of 2012 and as of May 2013 D3 had been "played" by 14.5 million players. No doubt many of these players are playing the free starter edition and the fact that there have been no updated sales figures released suggests that sales have dropped off.

Why do you think Hearthstone will attract a "zillion" users and given the competitive market on tablets and phones how many of these users will actually spend any money?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I don't get it. Blizzard is testing something to make more money that has barely any benefit for the consumers. People here are defending it with the only arguments "it doesn't affect your or my gameplay" or "I have plenty of money".

Can someone explain to me how this can makes sense to someone? Why do you people want this ingame store so badly? Why do you want to get rid of your money so badly?

It's seriously mind boggling... Blizzard seriously wants to claim that players asked for this and that the big benefit is that it's convenient because you don't have to alt-tab to your webbrowser anymore?
    Because some players love the game/world they play in so much... they want to gather objects from it ?

Like in game pets, fluff helmets, mouse pads, fingerprint statues, T shirst (both in game as out of game things) etc...

When these things can be bought from Blizzard it is blasphomy, but when third party websites sell them ... it is normal and even welcomed ???

what strange attitude is that ? when 3rd party makers gain money out of WoW it is allowed, but not when Blizzard puts it up ???

What kind of indecent and selective anti Blizzard thinking is this anyway ???

Because some players love the game/world they play in so much... they want to gather objects from it ?

Like in game pets, fluff helmets, mouse pads, fingerprint statues, T shirst (both in game as out of game things) etc...

When these things can be bought from Blizzard it is blasphomy, but when third party websites sell them ... it is normal and even welcomed ???

what strange attitude is that ? when 3rd party makers gain money out of WoW it is allowed, but not when Blizzard puts it up ???

What kind of indecent and selective anti Blizzard thinking is this anyway ???
    Where has anyone in this thread said they support third parties selling in game items? You know when he talked about alt-tabbing he was talking about using Blizzard's website?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Where has anyone in this thread said they support third parties selling in game items? You know when he talked about alt-tabbing he was talking about using Blizzard's website?
    Are you telling me with a straigth face you are AGAINST the OFFICIAL sales of Mouse pads, WoW T shirts, WoW in game item cards and those fantastic Figureprint Statues ???

of course not, but when Blizzard puts these SAME things on their webshop it is blasphomy ?

what a disgusting selective attitude you have.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:30 AM.

Are you telling me with a straigth face you are AGAINST the OFFICIAL sales of Mouse pads, WoW T shirts, WoW in game item cards and those fantastic Fingerprint Statues ???

of course not, but when Blizzard puts these SAME things on their webshop it is blasphomy ?

what a disgusting selective attitude you have.
    Er, no. I have made absolutely no mention of mouse pads, t-shirts or fingerprint statues (whatever they are) fantastic or otherwise.

So then problem solved: if you don't have comments on official WoW fluff items sold by 3rd parties, stop making comments about WoW items put up on Blizzard's OWN store

it's fans fluff stuff. pretty obvious. Or do you hate Blizzard so much you hate the card game and special items within? Fans dont mind paying for things they love.

Like I said: my 3D avatar of Figureprints costed me 130 euros! Best money spend on WoW ever.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:29 AM.

So then problem solved: if you don't have comments on official WoW fluff items sold by 3rd parties, stop making comments about WoW items put up on Blizzard's OWN store

it's fans fluff stuff. pretty obvious.
    Hmm, ok. What does third a party selling official Blizzard merchandise have to do with an in game item store? Do you actually read what is written in any thread or do you just reply to what you think might be written?

Hmm, ok. What does third a party selling official Blizzard merchandise have to do with an in game item store? Do you actually read what is written in any thread or do you just reply to what you think might be written?
    Everything.

Because the in game store will sell same fluff WoW things you can already find on officially 3rd party licensed stores (cards for example) and no one complained.

but oh boy ... when blizzard sells these things -both IN game as out of the game items - DIRECTLY. within the game..., it is blasphomy...

it shows a selective disgusting anti Blizzard attitude. It tells everything really.

btw my second best WoW item was the I owe you flag that came with the rare WOW card 5 years ago .... Cryptozoic licensed product. no one complained, but God forbid Blizzard instead of Cryptozoic would be on it ...

So this whole debate is FAKE really because it is about fluff in game and out of the game merchandising.

Which pretty much is simply standard business these days for ANY activity.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:13 AM.

Everything.

Because the in game store will sell same fluff WoW things you can already find on officially 3rd party licensed stores (cards for example) and no one complained.

but oh boy ... when blizzard sells these things -both IN game as out of the game items - DIRECTLY. within the game..., it is blasphomy...

it shows a selective disgusting anti Blizzard attitude.
    This thread is about in game items being available for sale and then you decide to post about physical items that are available from both Blizzard and third parties. You are aware that there is a difference between the virtual items and physical goods?

Anyway I guess from your reply you answered my second question.

The store is more expensive than anything I have ever seen in F2P, and people are paying a sub on top of it. If people are happy being taken advantage of for a shiny hey go nuts. Throw your money at Blizzard after all they are treating players like idiots with this high priced low quality crap, but hey if people are willing to pay for it you can't really blame Blizzard for taking advantage of them, I mean it's like robbing the blind.

Pardo himself said in an interview in 2006 I think it was that selling items in a store detracts from in game achievement and they would likely never do that. lol. I guess they decided that money was more important than in game achievement meaning something. Only time will tell how much stuff they sell in the store, maybe people are overreacting, maybe they are being realistic who knows. But when pets first came out, people were pretty sure it would go no further than pets.

This thread is about in game items being available for sale and then you decide to post about physical items that are available from both Blizzard and third parties. You are aware that there is a difference between the virtual items and physical goods?

Anyway I guess from your reply you answered my second question.
    Wrong answer AGAIN. the Cryptozoic cards went on sale for 5 years already and contain virtual items to be used IN game as well.

so your reasoning does NOT make sense.

You simply ran out of arguments. You are simply selective: when 3rd parties gain money out of Blizzard's fluff stuff it is ok (Cryptozoic, Figureprints, etc ...) , but when you can find the same fluff stuff on a Blizzard shop it is BLASPHOMY.

wrong, it is selective hating. It simply is proof you are no longer reasoning correctly as long as you see the name Blizzard.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 09:34 AM.

Wrong answer AGAIN. the Cryptozoic cards went on sale for 5 years already and contain virtual items as well.

so your reasoning does NOT make sense.

You simply ran out of arguments. You are simply selective: when 3rd parties gain money out of Blizzard's fluff stuff it is ok (Cryptozoic, Figureprints, etc ...) , but when you can find the same fluff stuff on a Blizzard shop it is BLASPHOMY.

wrong, it is selective hating. It simply is proof you are no longer reasoning correctly as long as you see the name Blizzard.
    You're talking about physical merchandise completely unrelated to game itself (except for TCG cards), except in themes.

This thread is about items that appear INGAME, not your figurines, cards, and other stuff. The items that you have to pay extra to see in the game even though you already bought the game and are subscribed to it.