Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They need to change the prices. The current price for a single item is obscene, a collegue of mine who does stuff like this, can draw and animate those 3 helmets in a matter of hours, the price is absolutely atrocious.

Whenever I see "itemshop is sooo bad guise" threads, I just think about how mad these people must be. RAWR
    "locked content guise I no can has ugly helm for free QQ blizzard is the antichrist and when 500,000 people buy a helm there are going to go P2W guise OMG"
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Cata had the most content of any expansion to date. You just don't realize it because you're probably ignoring the several dozen zone revamps they did, a lot of which were basically complete rebuilds. Cata had the least max level content, that much is true.
    I can assure you that having completed the Loremaster achievement both pre and post Cataclysm that 90% of the quests were exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Believe me when I say this... 15$ a month is pathetic amount of money for as much time, and fun I get out of WoW.

All you haters need to understand how many billionaires are in the world, and find out HOW LITTLE 15 bucks is in 2013.

Seriously..

- - - Updated - - -

You're telling me you unsubbed for something that isn't even in the GAME yet...?? Dramaqueen
    When I woke up today, all I wanted was to make it through the day without seeing something completely and utterly pointless. I blame you for screwing that up for me.

This:
    All you haters need to understand how many billionaires are in the world, and find out HOW LITTLE 15 bucks is in 2013.
    Has NOTHING to do with at least 95% of WoW's player base. Are there billionaires playing WoW? Quite possibly. Do they or even millionaires, make up a size-able ratio of WoW player base? NO.

For some people that play this (and I wouldn't be shocked if it were closer to the majority, than some) and the internet are their only expenditures for home entertainment, I actually know quite a few. I'll make a statement similar to yours so you can can grasp it.

All you rich boy elitist wanna-be's need to understand how much of the world isn't rich, and find out HOW MUCH 15 bucks really is to some people in 2013.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of this forum turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

Just watching the drama unfold almost makes this worth it. I don't support the prices at all, but seeing people kicked from LFR for wearing one of these things is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Whenever I see "itemshop is sooo bad guise" threads, I just think about how mad these people must be. RAWR
    "locked content guise I no can has ugly helm for free QQ blizzard is the antichrist and when 500,000 people buy a helm there are going to go P2W guise OMG"
    I think that people are mostly pissed because is a model that could be used as a reward for an interesting piece of content, or to add interest to some difficult achivement. Instead, they ask for 12€ (which absolutely no one paying for wow would have any trouble paying if they so wished), and kill all interest and mysticism for them.

It's a horse beat to death, but yes, things are far more enjoyable when they require something to achieve. You enjoy the voyage to get them, you enjoy showing them off after achieving them. The very basic pillar of MMORPGs. Asking money for them instead makes them void. But Blizzard can do whatever they want with the content they create of course, but hey, they should be wary of these things. They do suck the life of the game, one step of a time.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-07-21 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Go burn WoW mice, keyboards and T shirts too because Blizzard makes MONEY by selling them too. just like my new fluff helmet, which absolutely has NO added value other than ...for me.
    making WoW mice does not take resources away from developing WoW content that subscribers have access to. neither do keyboards or t-shirts. cash shop items will, and Blizzard have already said that they have limited resources to develop new content. this is Blizzard saying "from now on you will be getting less for your subscription, because part of our development team will be focussed on the cash shop". and you can add to that "oh, and it will be our best developers working on the cash shop items, because everything in there generates additional income for us". but of course they would never admit to that last part.

keep ignoring things that disagree with your view of how wonderful Blizzard are. you are nothing if not consistent.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post

You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.
    In 2013, there's no reason to pay to log in. Most online games are free to play, even Diablo 3. Servers are cheaper than in 2004, internet and computers are faster. People are still playing WoW because of the content, and we have content because we pay.

I pay for content, and if some content is not available with my 15$ each month, I'm not happy.

It's never good to have unhappy customers.

IMO go crazy with blizz store, keep the subs but reduce them by half-ish. If you're an active veteran player you're probably in 4 figures zone already.. makes you think :P
    Last edited by Fegi; 2013-07-21 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Just watching the drama unfold almost makes this worth it. I don't support the prices at all, but seeing people kicked from LFR for wearing one of these things is just too funny.
    Funny but still, not really cool.

Honestly I think this blowup about itemshop stuff is just as much about the decline in art design for in game items versus the stuff you can buy in the store. T16 looks like crap for many classes....and with the exception of a few pieces here and there, there hasn't seen solid weapon/gear art since BC.

I guarantee you that the qq on this issue would have been reduced significantly if T16 had artwork of similar quality as the store helms, and the purchasable helms were the quality of the tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    keep ignoring things that disagree with your view of how wonderful Blizzard are. you are nothing if not consistent.
    They could be $50 a month to rent per Helm and BenBros would be here saying what a great deal it is and how great Blizzard are.

What i find staggering about this thread is how many people are arguing for the right to give Blizzard more money. The more people that buy them means that more and more shit will go into this store. That means less and less people to work on content for everyone. I know the apologists will shout 'They have some other team doing this stuff!!' Yeah that is the irony. They use your sub money to pay for guys to design shit to sell back to you. Win/Win for Blizzard. Now the people who don't want a cash shop in the game are paying for it as well. They are paying for the degradation of the game. Pretty grim imho.

So all you saying it does not effect people who don't buy them can get a grip. They are now paying a sub to get less content. Their sub fees are being use to pay guys who should be making content for everyone.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    making WoW mice does not take resources away from developing WoW content that subscribers have access to. neither do keyboards or t-shirts. cash shop items will, and Blizzard have already said that they have limited resources to develop new content. this is Blizzard saying "from now on you will be getting less for your subscription, because part of our development team will be focussed on the cash shop". and you can add to that "oh, and it will be our best developers working on the cash shop items, because everything in there generates additional income for us". but of course they would never admit to that last part.

I am pretty sure the old Tabards, Mounts and Pets... in the CCG and few dozen IN GAME items sold in the last 6 years used some resources too.

But you had no problem with it because they were made by Cryptozoic and even sold on ebay at ridiculous prices, but NOW that Blizzard introduces a few of these fluff things in their cash shop they are .. evil...

... So to YOU it is a problem that Blizzard gets the money instead of Cryptozoic or just another 3rd party (in which you never saw anything negative early on).

Which proves you are a simple Blizzard hater while not even playing their games ... (Fans couldn't care less about merchandised stuff, on the contrary).

BTW: designing, producing and distributing merchanised stuff takes resources too from a company. Blizzard is bigger than a bunch of digital encoders.

So making T shirts, mice, mats, in game items sold by 3rd parties has been happening since the start of WOW. You simply are terrified Blizzard is now being paid by selling them on their website (instead of someone else getting rich by selling Spectral Tigers at 500 dollars each).

Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-21 at 10:35 PM.

Every time Blizzard announces something new for the pet store we see the same threads come up about how a game with a monthly sub fee shouldn't have a microtransaction store. I get really frustrated when I see these posts because some people just don't get it.

You pay a monthly fee to be able to log in to your account and play; nothing more, nothing less.

Blizzard is a business and they have to do with that money whatever they feel will be most profitable. This can be anything from developing PvE and PvP content to developing items for the Blizzard store. The purpose of the former is to keep people subscribed to WoW and maybe even bring old people back/new people in. The latter is designed to bring in additional revenue to be able to develop more content.

The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.

The Blizzard store is not a slippery slope, it is a smart business move to bring in more money for the company. The more resources Blizzard has, the more content they can develop and the better off we are as players.
    This is the most sensible post I've read all day.

No one cried up a storm over the Celestial Steed, or the Bloodbat why should random transmog helms really matter. I blame the wannabe elitist who actually think people ONLY logon to Wow to admire their precious Hardmode gear.

Real Solution: If Blizzard announced that the proceeds toward purchasing the helms would go to the "<insert any natural disaster> Relief Fund" no one would have cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    No one cried up a storm over the Celestial Steed
    A TON of people complained about the Celestial Steed. I wasn't one of them, but people certainly did complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A TON of people complained about the Celestial Steed. I wasn't one of them, but people certainly did complain.
    So did they complain about my Tabard of Flame (gear ! in 2007 !) or my "I owe you flag" or my pets bought from 3rd parties ?

Nope, they just complain because Blizzard now adds a direct to pay option instead of someone OTHER selling Spectral Tigers for 500 dollars on ebay ...

The logic of this: these guys hate Blizzard and they have no problem with others gaining money from WOW for the SAME kind of fluff items.

That's a double standard, that's a non argument.

In fact ... devote WOW players would be very pleased that Blizzard gains MORE money by selling this same stuff directly instead of seeing 3rd parties go sell these fluff items on ebay.

It sure is that those 3rd parties will NOT use "resources" to create WOW content...while a direct shop surely brings in resources...

Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-21 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    They did, but follow up mounts, pets etc didn't raise so much as a murmur.

I am pretty sure the old Tabards, Mounts and Pets... in the CCG and few dozen IN GAME items sold in the last 6 years used some resources too.

But you had no problem with it because they were made by Cryptozoic and even sold on ebay at ridiculous prices, but NOW that Blizzard introduces a few of these fluff things in their cash shop they are .. evil...

... So to YOU it is a problem that Blizzard gets the money instead of Cryptozoic or just another 3rd party (in which you never saw anything negative early on).

Which proves you are a simple Blizzard hater while not even playing their games ... (Fans couldn't care less about merchandised stuff, on the contrary).

BTW: designing, producing and distributing merchanised stuff takes resources too from a company. Blizzard is bigger than a bunch of digital encoders.

So making T shirts, mice, mats, in game items sold by 3rd parties has been happening since the start of WOW. You simply are terrified Blizzard is now being paid by selling them on their website (instead of someone else getting rich by selling Spectral Tigers at 500 dollars each).

and if i left because of TCG, you would have accused me of over-reacting to a small thing and jumping to conclusions about the direction.

you are right, the TCG thing was an early indication of something wrong. we should have reacted to it, but as a group of players we didnt. that was our mistake. and as a result of that mistake, Blizzard have decided to take it further and further. taking advantage of the emotional investment its players have in the game to milk its players in every way they possibly can. and it will have an effect on the game design decisions in the future, you only have to look at the gigantic mess that D3 was to realise how badly it can go wrong.

oh, and classic posting btw. you put a bunch of fluff in first that is irrelevent to my post, then end it by restating your original premise in a slightly different format, despite the fact my post had refuted this completely. do you even read what you are replying to, or is this posting style just an affectation?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

So you would be perfectly happy to defend your supporting of that view and from now on pay your subscription fee just for logging in the game + 2€ for every quest, 1€ for every hairstyle change, 4€ for every epic that drops (even better would be the outbidding system on bosses, where you submit real amounts of cash for the items!)?

If not, then no, you dont just pay for your account to log in and play. The login screen and loading screens are free. You play a monthly fee and you should get access to all in-game content with that money. At least that's how it used to be. If you cannot find anything wrong with it, you are but a conformist.

I also find it funny that the people who used to complain about game difficulty and loot accessibility now support another version of "snowflakeness". Only now you need to have money to feel special. It used to demand skill and time. Let the casuals take over!

To think of all those immersive and challenging things they could have added into the game that rewarded all those cash shop items. Would have been good for the game.

People will always find something to complain and whine about. If people want to shell out a certain amount of cash for a certain item that Blizzard sells in the Item Store online, then by all means, that's their decision. Crying about their decision is just being childish, and is proving where a lot of WOW's player base is in regards to mental development. People are allowed to spend their money in whatever way they see fit, and Blizzard is allowed to charge however much they want for their services. I'm willing to bet that Blizzard could raise the subscription fee to $25 a month, and people would still pay for it. WOW is THE most successful MMORPG in history, and millions of people around the world would still pay to play it if the subscription fee was raised. So quit crying about people spending their OWN money on pets, mounts, or cosmetic items, and quit crying about Blizzard implementing them in the Store. Your voices don't mean anything when it comes to business. It's just crying in the corner, banging your hands on the floor because you can't have something you want.

TCG loot was meant to promote TCG.

Tabards are probably one of the most easiest things to design in game.

These two reasons are primarily why I don't think anyone had much of an issue with them.

It also wasn't wide spread back then. There were few items available through TCG back then compared to what you can get in the Shop NOW.
    People lack foresight so that's why there wasn't much commotion about it.