Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    This thread derailed quickly.
    I'm not even sure if these topics are allowed... they often turn into race baiting

Deleted
    All the bullshit posted here aside, there's a white guy, admitting to passersby that he's committing a crime, and they just laugh, say "oh", or say "good luck".

There's a black guy doing the same, HOSTILITY ENSUES. MOB MENTALITY.

Bring in the boobs and whoa, people actually help her.

I don't think there's anything debatable here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well, you're entitled to being wrong I guess.

I would just like to say that I'll take the word of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists as being more credible than yours.
    If I'm wrong why are people calling it "racist"? If there were no races why is that word used? You're kind of acknowledging the fact there are races by using that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHD5...tu.be&t=23m21s

Explain the difference in IQ between black people, white people and asians. Or school results.
    Tiili... I seriously don't want to get into this with you.

First of all that video you link is a load of handpicked pseudo facts, presented as facts, conveniently edited in a way to reinforce the points of view of the makers.

Second. Historical revisionism is a sin of everyone. One side casts the other as the devil while the other tries to reinterpret history in a way to make it more digestible for our times. You know like Europeans gone to Africa and kidnapped millions of Africans, ignoring that most were sold to them by African and Arab slave traders, who were already serving a well established centuries old slave industry, or the American Civil War revisionism, that it wasn't about slaves, but states rights. Both sides do it, the truth is somewhere in middle.

And finally the famed blackies and brownies have lower IQ then whites and yellows (terminology pun intended).

The association between genetics and IQ is fairly complicated, and the extent of IQ heritability is debatable. One of the primary factors for IQ development is actually the environment. As any teacher worth his salt would tell you.

Colored kids score overall lower on standardized IQ tests exactly because they tend to hail from intellectually less stimulating environments due to no fault of their own, but rather due the fact that they are more likely to be born in marginalized social areas.

I will not argue with you again over this.

Race is a biological concept. It is not a social construct.

You mean like in Finland where iraqis make up 0.1% of the population yet stand for 5% of the reported rapes or in Sweden, where immigrants(European immigrants are on pretty much the same level as Swedes, it's mostly african & middle eastern immigrants that cause the overrepresentation for immigrants as a group, if you look to specific countries you can figure out just how overrepresented those groups are from certain countries) as a whole make up for almost 50% of reported rapes(If not more?) despite them being a minority?
    You kept their tyrants in power for 50 or more years. you helped bomb them into the stone age. You built isreal into a nuclear power while condoning and abetting zionism and its apartheid. you stole their resources and money through the corrupt tyrants you helped keep in power. Then you get mad when they somehow escape all of that to come to your countries. From stifling social orders to no social orders you can only expect rapes, and trouble. The restraints are off of these people, you helped bomb them away. Yes they're going to give you a lot of problems and good for all that. you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Wikipedia is a bad source, Wikiafuckapedia isn't even a source, just saying.
    I know...but I honestly couldn't be arsed to spend 15 minutes looking for links for Tiili to articles that she blatantly ignore anyways.

Deleted
    Explain the difference in IQ between black people, white people and asians. Or school results.
    You're kidding, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm not even sure if these topics are allowed... they often turn into race baiting
    I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to race bait (I have no idea what that is). I was just trying to get peoples options on the video. As a person of color myself, I was simply wondering why they would harass the black male over the white male. I personally would call the police on all of them, stealing a bike regardless of race is still a crime. I also wonder where the interviews for the people that were talking to the black male were, it's like they didn't even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Wikipedia is a bad source, Wikiafuckapedia isn't even a source, just saying.
    Wikipedia cites it's sources and they're usually academic sources. It is certainly better than most newspapers and youtube videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    No, I'm not. There is a statistical difference between them and I want people to explain it. Why do asians perform better than whites, why do whites perform better than blacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    You kept their tyrants in power for 50 or more years. you helped bomb them into the stone age. You built isreal into a nuclear power while condoning and abetting zionism and its apartheid. you stole their resources and money through the corrupt tyrants you helped keep in power. Then you get mad when they somehow escape all of that to come to your countries. From stifling social orders to no social orders you can only expect rapes, and trouble. The restraints are off of these people, you helped bomb them away. Yes they're going to give you a lot of problems and good for all that. you deserve it.
    Yeah, attitudes like yours is the reason why I'm not keen on immigration.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-13 at 05:17 PM.

A thread about racism, this is a topic that isn't beaten to death on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm wrong why are people calling it "racist"? If there were no races why is that word used? You're kind of acknowledging the fact there are races by using that word.
    races exist socially and so does the word. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the bullshit posted here aside, there's a white guy, admitting to passersby that he's committing a crime, and they just laugh, say "oh", or say "good luck".

There's a black guy doing the same, HOSTILITY ENSUES. MOB MENTALITY.

Bring in the boobs and whoa, people actually help her.

I don't think there's anything debatable here.
    ^ This a billion times. I agree with everything you just said. Why is it funny or comical when the white kid is trying to steal something, but when it's a black it's now a crime that everyone should be aware about. Let's not even get on the chick, boobs always win out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    A thread about racism, this is a topic that isn't beaten to death on a daily basis.
    I apologize. I don't frequent the mmo champ forums that much, and didn't realize this was such a dead horse topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    races exist socially and so does the word. Duh.
    If it was only socially why do black people suffer Vitamin D-defiencies in the nordic countries? Surely they should have the same capacity to get vitamin D from the sun as the others? They're biologically not made for the nordic latitude, there's not enough sun exposure here for them.

Hell, even this then: http://www.naturalnews.com/036181_bl...cy_cancer.html

Why is that happening if it was social only?
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-13 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    No, I'm not. There is a statistical difference between them and I want people to explain it. Why do asians perform better than whites, why do whites perform better than blacks?
    Calling out non-white races on education and "IQ" is an age-old racist propaganda move, based on a handful of studies (none you can even name right now) which aren't even reputable to begin with, which don't take into account the circumstances people grow up in at all.

It's 101 racism.

The fact you're doing it means you're either ignorant, or truly a racist. I'm sorry if I'm breaking some MMOC rule here stating the obvious, but that's racism, pure and simple. End of story.

Also, if you're truly from Sweden, I'm so fucking ashamed right now to even be linked to you as a part of the Nordic Countries. Truly.

To answer the OP question.

Yes, we are a judgmental lot. Black colored people are fairly new additions to previously dominated white countries, and met with suspicision because of stereotypes. Women also have the stereotypes of being weak, docile, and especially if the women in question is good looking; innocent.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Calling out non-white races on education and "IQ" is an age-old racist propaganda move, based on a handful of studies (none you can even name right now) which aren't even reputable to begin with, which don't take into account the circumstances people grow up in at all.
    Asians aren't white, they perform better than whites.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You'll find that it's more people within certain socioeconomic statuses, and the fact that certain races have larger percentages within them.
    Nope, white people in the poverty line, as well as asians, commit less crime than black people on poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Some races are more inclined - statistically speaking, to commit crime.

Do i look at every person of a differing skin tone as a criminal in guise? No.

I'd treat them on there merits, however - for shady activity like sawing a bike chain, you bet i'd ask the person what the fuck is up - bike theft is a big problem in Cambridge, so i'd needle anyone i think was doing it.
    and statiscally speaking, you are more likely to be killed by a black man than by a white man.

So for my/your safety, if I/you saw two ''suspicious'' people, one of them a black man, the other a white man, it would actually be beneficial to walk away from the black man, because statiscally, he representes more of a threat to you/me.

Following up on my previous post,

Confirmation bias
    Selective memory

Both play a big part in creating these stereotypes & prejudice.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Denying the validity of biological races doesn't deny human variation, it denies the significance, consistency, and clarity of proposed groups of variations. Race is based on a very small portion of the phenotype and basically boils down to skin color and facial features and then has the social construct of race attached to it.
    So, what about asians being intolerant to alcohol compared to europeans? Social construct? Hint: It's genetical.