Poll: Do you care about what people think about you?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Everybody cares a little. But I see that over half of those polled are still trying to appear hip and edgy...
    It could just be the ones who genuinely despise human contact

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Caring what people think about you implies that you see them as equal or more valuable than you, which is not the optimal way of thinking.
    Were it actually that simple, I'm sure you would see more people skewing towards no both in their actions and in their impulse voting in this poll. Truthfully, a lot of people allege they don't care, but it is more than evident that they do.

Deleted
    Caring what people think about you implies that you see them as equal or more valuable than you, which is not the optimal way of thinking.
    Actually you need to care to some degree because you're not alone in this world. Nothing to do with seeing them as superior to yourself, even the people who are 100% confident about themselves care about what others think. I mean most of us pick nose when alone and some of us even eat the precious stuff that comes out, but none of us really does that in public. Apart for some failed homeless dudes. They are really the only ones who don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Something that always amuses me is when people say "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" I chuckle.

The truth is, every single damn human being is selfish and cares about what people think. We're all tool douchebags to an extent.

We ALL CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT US

Do you agree or disagree with this?
    Disagree.
    Psykopats, Autists and others can be completely cold when it comes to that.
    It's your own idea of what people care about. Some truly don't care at all.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I tell myself that I don't care. But it's a lie... Of course I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like people.
    I also don't care about what they think.

Something that always amuses me is when people say "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" I chuckle.

The truth is, every single damn human being is selfish and cares about what people think. We're all tool douchebags to an extent.

I care what certain people think about me but I give 0 fucks about what the VAST majority of human beings think of me.

What you say:

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I don't like people.
    I also don't care about what they think.
    What I read:

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I have no interests in life.
    I also don't care if I'm not included in anything.
    I don't buy it. You're obsessed with MLP, and fanfiction. If you got shoo'd by others from your fandoms, I think it would bother you.

Deleted
    If you truly don´t care about what anyone thinks (friends, family, your spouse, your kids, etc), your either:

A masochist
    A Sociopath
    A very depressed and sad person

In all cases you should seek help.

That said, humans are packanimals (unless you believe 2 people inbred the entire world). It's logical that self explorance is the step beyong social acceptance in the maslow stairs. It's also the reason why trends work, why we like to watch other people, etc. It's in your genes. It's actually often that you gave so many fucks for so many years of not being accepted that you now decided not to give a fuck anymore. So the reason "you don't care" is because you cared too much.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2013-07-14 at 12:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well obviously we care if someone talks shit about us. The question is how much we care about the person you're referring to. If some random person called to me in the street and said I was a antisocial asian jerkoff without a reason for living then yeah I'd certainly care about what they said, but I wouldn't care about THEM. In that situation I would probably just offer them a look inside my wallet and say, "Sorry bro, but as you can see I'm just all out of fucks to give."

On the flipside, if a close friend told me it would be good for my health to eat less bacon I might give it some thought for awhile. Then after those few minutes I'd probably direct them to my wallet, as fuck your opinions I love bacon.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

How did a thread this stupid make it to 7 pages?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    How did a thread this stupid make it to 7 pages?
    How did you make it to 350 posts without a permanent ban with posts this unnecessary and dickish?

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    What you say:

What I read:

I don't buy it. You're obsessed with MLP, and fanfiction. If you got shoo'd by others from your fandoms, I think it would bother you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How did you make it to 350 posts without a permanent ban with posts this unnecessary and dickish?

Don't devolve this thread into personal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Whenever people say something like this, I just assume they are one of *those* kinds of people, who doesn't care about my feelings, so if they were ever to upset me, "I just don't care what people think about me".

You shouldn't care about what people think about you so much to where it affects your self esteem, but you should still be considerate of others, and many people use this as an excuse not to.

- - - Updated - - -

But I do see everyone as equal to me at least, you don't?

Deleted
    Depends, does it count if you care of what a very small amount of specific people thinks? Only people in general? If any person counts then sure, 99% of people probably cares of what someone thinks of them.

Applys to me, i dont care what most people think of me. Only close friends and sometimes family. (My relationship with my family is kinda bad, still my family thought)

Depends on who it is from, what it is about, your mental state at the time and so many things one cant really make a statement like that
    most of the time i dont, sometimes i do but mostly dont

Deleted
    Only my GF and even then meeh i still do what i want, dress how i want and do what i want.

So i do not care what other people think.

I find the idea that 50% of people do not care what others think to be highly unlikely. Why do you act the way you do, dress the way you do etc.

Life is fundamentally about relationships and that is inherently caring about what someone thinks. The TRULY isolationist are incredibly rare. I would go so far as to say anyone posting on these forums are pretty much eliminated by default, even haxartus. If he did not care he would not contribute.

Tywin Lannister:You spend too much time worrying what other people think of you.
    Jaime Lannister: I could care less what anyone thinks of me.
    Tywin Lannister: That's what you want people to think of you.
    Jaime Lannister: It's the truth.
    Tywin Lannister: And you hear them whispering "Kingslayer" behind your back, doesn't it bother you?
    Jaime Lannister: Of course it bothers me.

i feel this quote shares my opinion on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    To a degree. I care about what those close to me (the ones who's opinion I value) think about me but not really anyone else. I believe the majority of the world is clueless sheep and I hardly value their opinion or insight.