Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Ep 15 out btw!

Not much happened which was kinda a let down, well i know it's set it up for the whole who killed the titans thing, but still. Sucks having to wait a week and then not much happening Oh well was still enjoyable!
    I actually thought the most recent episode was one of the best so far. There were many things that we learned in this one. So much better than that eren having to carry a boulder part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Funny, I think Eren is the psycho and Levi is awesome xD Heck, the main reason I love Eren as a main character is because he is so obviously unhinged in a beautifully active-aggressive way. It's like if Yagami Light in DN got Rohypnol and a nuke instead of a death note :P
    Oh don't get me wrong, Eren is fucking crazy, but he's GOOD crazy. By that I mean when he gets an idea, he fucking sees it through, regardless of consequences/people telling him not to, or that he can't. Let's look at the arc he's taken in the first 15 episodes. mum gets nommed > Joins army > finds out he has special powers > gets put in the Elite Unit to make the best use of them... I've seen shows where they've not have that much happen in the first 50 episode . I'd much rather have an agressive main character like this that really pushes forward with the story than some mopey emo spending 1/2 of every episode being introspective and cursing that he was given some kind of power/destiny.

then Levi is a psychopath. A cool one yes, but still a mental, in the Kenpachi, Yuno, Armstrong mold, which is to say, he'll probably be my favourite character by the end .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Can't believe no one has mentioned this. Mikasa is fucking badass. Rarely do I ever see a female character kick so much ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the first op more than the new one?
    Yep, could have been a nice " Evangelion + FMA " combo... but now IMHO, it's just MEH, this animé is bad, no action, no philosophical aspect, 10 episodes produced = 24 broadcasted, that's crap.

The better could be a "brotherhood like" version, but I highly doubt of that.

FMA animés were great, especially the last of the first version. Need to rewatch them, been a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystea View Post
    Can't believe no one has mentioned this. Mikasa is fucking badass. Rarely do I ever see a female character kick so much ass
    Faye Valentine. Kallen Kozuki.

Deleted
    She is also a near emotionless drone, except anger of course. It is also typical for an anime to make the only Asian left in the world the most kickass person ever at the age of 17, beating elite special forces units with decades of experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    She is also a near emotionless drone, except anger of course. It is also typical for an anime to make the only Asian left in the world the most kickass person ever at the age of 17, beating elite special forces units with decades of experience.
    Still more interesting than Shinji Ikari although i guess that isn't much of an achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you need to watch more anime , the "kickass female" has actually become a little too common in recent years, to such an extent it's almost a cliche. She also has very little charcter outside from being a badass. I'm guessing/hoping this will change, as there's already plently of fairly hardcore females in Shingeki, all who have more to their characters than her, so she needs something more than just being badass if she wants to be in any way memorable.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    the crazy scientist girl is the best

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Time passes, but the result is the same: nothing happens. Doing a page-for-page adaptation is rarely a good idea. I can understand not wanting filler episodes that have nothing to do with the main story, but it sort of defeats the purpose if a normal episode feels like filler and nothing happens until the last 2 minutes. But I've seen enough anime to know this isn't the first show to do that. :P

I suppose it must be how people who haven't read A Song of Ice and Fire feel about Game of Thrones sometimes. "Who cares about these characters?! Get back to the good stuff!"
    The Game of Thrones analogy is exactly right. A lot of people complain about the mid books being slow, despite the amount of character development, politics, etc etc that's happening. They just want to see people kick each other's asses. They tend to forget that the constant build up is what makes the pay-offs so sweet though. Knowing all the intricate details of what's come before is what makes it rewarding when say, for example, at the start, some of the cadets we'd gotten to know were killed off. Sure we had a lot of episodes of inactivity with them, but we knew them and why they were good characters. It made their loss mean something, rather than just 'another red shirt died'.

I like the ideas and the world. It's very interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack on Titan is the newest over-hyped anime, few months ago it was Sword Art Online. AoT is actually good, but its not as amazing as some people make it out to be, the manga is way too new for them to have done this adaptation. I would have waited till it had at least 80+ chapters or the author hit the climax. I will say Madhouse has done an amazing job with the adaptation so far; I can't wait for them to start the next arc. I <3 Annie, female titan arc is when this manga really kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Attack on Titan is the newest over-hyped anime, few months ago it was Sword Art Online. AoT is actually good, but its not as amazing as some people make it out to be, the manga is way too new for them to have done this adaptation. I would have waited till it had at least 80+ chapters or the author hit the climax. I will say Madhouse has done an amazing job with the adaptation so far; I can't wait for them to start the next arc. I <3 Annie, female titan arc is when this manga really kicks off.
    This will be the turning point, at which it'll start building a real fan base. You can tell it's hit its stride at that point onwards, when they've done all the necessary world building.

Deleted
    My biggest issue with this anime is that they have not got enough material, they can stretch it to 2 seasons if they follow the manga and maybe pad it with a little filler but after that we will be waiting years for the manga to advance enough for another season. One manga a month is too slow if they want season 3 within the next few years.

Like many have said, the biggest problem with this anime is the pacing. In my honest opinion, they should have waited until the manga was finished or close to finished to make it. Then they would have been able to cut out all of the unnecessarily drawn-out scenes. The anime is already better than the manga, but it still could be a lot better.

My biggest issue with this anime is that they have not got enough material, they can stretch it to 2 seasons if they follow the manga and maybe pad it with a little filler but after that we will be waiting years for the manga to advance enough for another season. One manga a month is too slow if they want season 3 within the next few years.
    Indeed, i am hoping they won't deviate from the manga, though they haven't so far.
    The problem is going to be if the studio in charge want to round the series off and make a neat finished anime...like they did with Claymore or Full Metal Alchemist(the original)...which would be a disaster tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Indeed, i am hoping they won't deviate from the manga, though they haven't so far.
    The problem is going to be if the studio in charge want to round the series off and make a neat finished anime...like they did with Claymore or Full Metal Alchemist(the original)...which would be a disaster tbh.
    If they decide to finish it off before the manga is done, there will be a lot of very pissed off fans. Even being up to date with the manga people have not got a clue what is going on, everything is pure speculation, if things carry on as they are we are looking at a minimum of 3 seasons before the anime gives any answers as to what is actually happening in the world. They need to start releasing the manga every 2 weeks rather than every month or we are going to run out of story real soon.

If they decide to finish it off before the manga is done, there will be a lot of very pissed off fans. Even being up to date with the manga people have not got a clue what is going on, everything is pure speculation, if things carry on as they are we are looking at a minimum of 3 seasons before the anime gives any answers as to what is actually happening in the world. They need to start releasing the manga every 2 weeks rather than every month or we are going to run out of story real soon.
    I think this is probably the best answer. Since they've now realised what a money-maker they've got on their hands, they might hire out artists to Isayama Hajime, so that he can focus on story and scripting. I think it's flown under the radar a bit as a manga, but as soon as the first anime episode came out, it started becoming one of the hottest properties out.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you think about it swinging around on ropes might be similar to gymnastics. So going by that you could have younger people because of china sending 10yr olds to the Olympics or something(I forget their age).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    well if you think about it swinging around on ropes might be similar to gymnastics. So going by that you could have younger people because of china sending 10yr olds to the Olympics or something(I forget their age).
    It is not just swinging on ropes, you are fighting giants that have all the advantages humans have with none of the weaknesses. The recon squad is the best elite troops humanity has to offer yet they still lose a third of their number for every mission they undertake, Misaka is fresh out of training and takes out more titans solo than entire experienced recon squads. They even say "She is worth 100 ordinary soldiers".