Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Anime] shingeki no kyojin (attack on titans) the anime

episode 14 just came out!discuss
    gonna watch it and come back to comment
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-07-13 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    inb4 4 minutes of recapping the recap episode!

10+ Year Old Account
    I so wanted to watch it seeing the titan in the image above, then i saw a fat naked giant normal looking man and was like nope that just lost the cool factor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I so wanted to watch it seeing the titan in the image above, then i saw a fat naked giant normal looking man and was like nope that just lost the cool factor.

You were saying?

I'm pretty sure episode 14 doesn't actually air until tomorrow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm pretty sure episode 14 doesn't actually air until tomorrow?
    It's aired now; just no subs.

I get the impression that the "fat naked giant normal looking man" titans are supposed to be unnerving rather than "cool." They go around eating people seemingly for no reason other than to kill, so their appearance just adds to the "wtf?!" ( <--- not a huge spoiler, but I don't remember exactly how early they reveal that info)

But I am interested to see where it goes, since I haven't read the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching it atm, on second ep it's actually pretty awesome upto now. The thing that made me want to watch it was Seeing a vid on youtube of the kid turning into a titan and fighting another titan, was pretty badass

Deleted
    Watching it atm, on second ep it's actually pretty awesome upto now. The thing that made me want to watch it was Seeing a vid on youtube of the kid turning into a titan and fighting another titan, was pretty badass
    ye if you give it a chance its an awesome anime,probably will be a legendary anime!

I cant bring myself to watch the anime until it catches up to the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    started watching this show a few days ago, it's pretty damn epic, I like that the main character actually fucking DOES things, I mean...

in ALOT of other shows, bad things happen and the protagonist then spends ages bitches and being all "woe is me", in this show his mum gets eaten and within... one episode? he's in the fucking army, training to go genocidal, THAT'S a main character I can get behind

also, is the 13.5 recap ep worth watching, or should I skip and go right to 14?
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-07-14 at 12:05 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    started watching this show a few days ago, it's pretty damn epic, I like that the main character actually fucking DOES things, I mean...

in ALOT of other shows, bad things happen and the protagonist then spends ages bitches and being all "woe is me", in this show his mum gets eaten and within... one episode? he's in the fucking army, training to go genocidal, THAT'S a main character I can get behind

Oh you mean like fucking Evangelion? Fucking hate Shinji.

10+ Year Old Account
    May have just kinda erm, caught up on all the episodes in one sitting xD Loving the show, though it seems to be slow at points such as taking 3 eps to move a boulder

May have also read the summary for all the manga God damnit, i hate that i always spoil shit to myself even though i know i'd prefer to watch without knowing.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-07-14 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

13.5 has about 3 minutes of interesting content, rest is just a full recap.

May as well skip to 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for bringing this show to my attention, just watched the first 13 episodes straight... This stuff is good!
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Shin, I guessed that's how it would be, why do they do those recap eps? Always pissed me off when you wait a week for a new episode and it's NOT a new episode...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Just as a side note; Episode 14 onwards is where the story starts to get interesting and faster paced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Just as a side note; Episode 14 onwards is where the story starts to get interesting and faster paced.
    Yeah i noticed that with 14, they actually moved the plot on a fair bit from what it was at 13; also minimum recap time, HUZZAH!

Deleted
    I love this anime even though it was slow in some episodes, the next story arc is awesome by the way, I wont post spoilers but those that have read the manga will agree with me.

My friend watches this and he tried to get me to watch it but there is no dubbed version.
    Hi Sephurik