Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My advice to anyone watching the show is either:
    a) Don't read the manga to spoil the story
    b) do NOT go onto the Wiki (seriously, one misclick spoiled the entire story for me)
    c) read up to chapter 30 of the Manga if you are interested as that is where this season's cut-off point will most likely be
    d) read the manga and watch the anime
    I'm really excited to see the next episodes, I just re-read up to 47 again and you realize all the foreshadowing scenes and how abrupt everything is, that's what makes this anime and manga so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    My friend watches this and he tried to get me to watch it but there is no dubbed version.
    Why would you want to deliberately add shit to otherwise great show?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    eren was supposed to move a boulder but he didn't and the entire episode revolved around armin encouraging him
    JFYI: This Eren's state after transformation is important plot point latter. Actually there are LOTS of things that looks insignificant or boring but play a major role latter in the story. Yes, paranoia against Eren and court too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    a) Don't read the manga to spoil the story
    How can you spoil story just by perceiving it from another medium?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-07-17 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Because the manga has been going on a lot longer than the anime and is the baseline for the story; the plot in the manga has developed much further thus reading the manga would spoil it if you want to watch it through the anime. Was that so hard to understand?

Deleted
    JFYI: This Eren's state after transformation is important plot point latter. Actually there are LOTS of things that looks insignificant or boring but play a major role latter in the story. Yes, paranoia against Eren and court too.
    I didn't say it was insignificant but it didn't have to be so long. This is a typical shounen-anime-that's-based-on-an-unfinished-manga method to make it artificially longer in order not to catch up with the manga. I would rather they just caught up with it and then waited for it to finish so they could finish the anime then, instead of prolonging it by everything taking 3 gorillion years to happen with additional recaps on every ep and a whole recap episode.

Deleted
    My mistake, I meant the anime ^^ because at the moment, the Anime is currently on par with episode 23 in the Manga I believe and the writer has brought it up to episode 47 and many people will be shocked when they find out what happens within the Anime once they read the manga but even more so if they don't.

10+ Year Old Account

the best thing I have ever seen(slight exaggeration)

10+ Year Old Account
    omg I want that..... Would work pretty well for the london commute
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    omg I want that..... Would work pretty well for the london commute
    Nope, 3D congestion charge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post

the best thing I have ever seen(slight exaggeration)
    He put a lot of work into making that, but had to use such cheap and flimsy materials, is the blade carrier made of cardboard or something?

Am I the only one who likes the first op more than the new one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ep 15 out btw!

Not much happened which was kinda a let down, well i know it's set it up for the whole who killed the titans thing, but still. Sucks having to wait a week and then not much happening Oh well was still enjoyable!
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-07-20 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Ep 15 out btw!
    Yeah... it didn't really give much other than establish a small amount of character background for Levi, establish the motives for Major Hanji and then something at the end which i shall not spoil.

Deleted
    Ep 15 out btw!

Not much happened which was kinda a let down, well i know it's set it up for the whole who killed the titans thing, but still. Sucks having to wait a week and then not much happening Oh well was still enjoyable!
    Just wait, the best arc is coming very soon, episode 15 or 16 will kick it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the first op more than the new one?
    nope, the 1st op was epic, this one... not so much.

although as I usually skip OP's I couldn't care less.

Wait... ep 15 is out? BRB
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Sucks having to wait a week and then not much happening.
    That's probably going to be the story of this show's life. I like it and all, but they really need to pick up the pace.

Shades of DBZ: "This planet will explode in 5 minutes!" ...15 episodes later...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's probably going to be the story of this show's life. I like it and all, but they really need to pick up the pace.

Shades of DBZ: "This planet will explode in 5 minutes!" ...15 episodes later...
    Nah, the difference is that time actually passes in show. Sure they may actually have conversations and such, but it's literally page for page from the Manga. They haven't dragged much of anything out, which is why most of the episodes are 17~ minutes long; there's no filler or time wasting, so it ends where it would in relation to the manga. If they just steam ahead, they'll catch up to the manga too fast, then you have a year or two of filler to make up, which wouldn't be so easy with this particular manga/anime, after all, there's limited knowledge of the outside world and all the characters and inner areas are accounted for, so most filler just won't make any sense at all, without causing continuity issues and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freakin crying with laughter here that is too frakkin funny.

Just watched ep 14 last night, VERY cool, if they can keep the series progressing and getting better at the rate it is now, this could well take it's place in the very top echelons of anime.

Eren is an awesome main characters and the support cast are pretty great too (Levi is a psychopath...) which is always very important to me, can't tell you how many anime I've had to stop watching because the main/support cast were weak.
    Funny, I think Eren is the psycho and Levi is awesome xD Heck, the main reason I love Eren as a main character is because he is so obviously unhinged in a beautifully active-aggressive way. It's like if Yagami Light in DN got Rohypnol and a nuke instead of a death note :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Nah, the difference is that time actually passes in show.
    Time passes, but the result is the same: nothing happens. Doing a page-for-page adaptation is rarely a good idea. I can understand not wanting filler episodes that have nothing to do with the main story, but it sort of defeats the purpose if a normal episode feels like filler and nothing happens until the last 2 minutes. But I've seen enough anime to know this isn't the first show to do that. :P

I suppose it must be how people who haven't read A Song of Ice and Fire feel about Game of Thrones sometimes. "Who cares about these characters?! Get back to the good stuff!"

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, the 1st op was epic, this one... not so much.

although as I usually skip OP's I couldn't care less.

Wait... ep 15 is out? BRB
    yeah,I really loved the first opening this one is meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah the orignal OP is by far better than the current one.