Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Thanks for finishing me off

You actually made it even worse. The whole fel fire hype started as a means of deviating lock flames from mage flames in order to provide a class identity. The class still has a shadow/void aspect which part of its identity and its a pity to ruin that if you wanna pick fel fire to begin with. My suggestion like I've mentioned before is to have green fire as the default and further variations through glyphs. Don't care if there are already too many minor glyphs, what's important is that the fel fire expectation was ruined for players like me that want green to stick to the fire spells and love the shadow theme more.
    no. the whole fel fire hype started because burning crusade stated that the best demonic stuff was green, and there were many demons casting fel spells, most of them being fire spells. we didn't like to have to settle for the weak stuff while NPCs got the good stuff.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    demonic magic happens to be green that's why meta is green

If you hate it so much you can always remove your green fire effects and have your purple Illidan back.

Thanks for finishing me off

You actually made it even worse. The whole fel fire hype started as a means of deviating lock flames from mage flames in order to provide a class identity. The class still has a shadow/void aspect which part of its identity and its a pity to ruin that if you wanna pick fel fire to begin with. My suggestion like I've mentioned before is to have green fire as the default and further variations through glyphs. Don't care if there are already too many minor glyphs, what's important is that the fel fire expectation was ruined for players like me that want green to stick to the fire spells and love the shadow theme more.
    lol seems to me like you don't really care for green fire at all. also who's to says the class wouldn't have a shadowy aspect still even if they gave us a green dreadsteed?or green hand of gul'dan? affliction spells are all about shadow, shadowbolt is still clearly shadow, drain life is shadow, all dots are shadowbased, twilight ward is shadow.drain soul is shadow. adding fel fire color/theme to warlocks does not ruin our shadow/demon magic theme whatsoever.

it seems like this just boils down to you not really being that interested in having green fire or the aspect of fel fire and would much rather had them add shadow fire. which is fine but this newly added cosmetic they gave to warlocks is optional, you don't have to use it. tbh them adding it really gave us more class identity.remember there are different types of warlocks in lore that's why they gave us specializations, some use more fel magic than others and some use more shadow magic than others, but reguardless fel and shadow magic are key themes of the warlock and having more of one than the other wouldn't ruin the flavor of the class
    Last edited by demonik; 2013-07-15 at 04:20 AM.

Deleted
    I love the green fire option, however adding options for which spells gets affected would be cool

Don't care if there are already too many minor glyphs, what's important is that the fel fire expectation was ruined for players like me that want green to stick to the fire spells and love the shadow theme more.
    As a developer, I would see no reason to further bloat the Demo minor glyph selection just because a minority of players want green fire but not green meta. The obvious solution is to learn to deal with it, or not use green fire at all. End of discussion.

Now, we could discuss different types of toggles. But glyphs is out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Personally, I like & agree with Fel Meta's green coloring...that being said, I just wish that my Dreadsteed would've also gotten the Fel treatment, alas it did not, (though I can understand why not).
    I just use the headless horseman's mount, he's green(ish) and can fly as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    demonic magic happens to be green that's why meta is green
    How come Hand of gul'dan and shadowbolt are still purple? Are those some other type of magic? I think green meta looks alright, the purple one isn't that great either. I would've liked an option to turn those awkward horns off that you get when you build up df.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerxeskrogg View Post
    How come Hand of gul'dan and shadowbolt are still purple? Are those some other type of magic? I think green meta looks alright, the purple one isn't that great either. I would've liked an option to turn those awkward horns off that you get when you build up df.
    I think shadowbolt and hand of gul'dan are simple shadow magic, while Meta (and chaos wave/touch of chaos) are actual demonic in nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hand of Gul'dan is named after an asteroid that Gul'dan summoned from outerspace, so it is in fact Sci-Fi in nature.

I know what it is named after, but I think the Warlock spell is just a Shadow-based spell and nothing more. While the likes of Chaos-based magic are demonic.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was being facetious

wasn't there some lore added pre-MoP to explain the Warlock Changes and council of the six black dagger harvester what-evers?

• Affliction changes were explained by warlocks learning Old God magic from the twilight cultists (explaining the shift to Malefic Grasp)
    • Demo Changes were explained by revisiting outland and learning more about Ilidan's metamorphosis (explaining the Meta toggle and DF mechanic)
    • Destro learned about chaos fire from Ragnaros in the Firelands (explaining burning embers and chaotic mana regeneration)

If we are talking about the second of this three:

Hand of Gul'dan and Metamorphosis are both magic derived from the burning legion repertoire. Hand of Gul'dan from Draenor and Metamorphosis from Ilidan by way of the Skull of Sargeras and that sense could be called specifically 'demonic'. It's interesting to note that Hand of Gul'dan in Cata and before was a red-fire spell, but in MoP is not a purple fire spell.

Shadow bolt is non-specific to the legion, and predates the cataclysm, and is baseline to all warlocks so yeah that's reasonably to called 'just' shadow magic, as in not really related to any thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I just use the headless horseman's mount, he's green(ish) and can fly as well.
    Not the same. :P (Plus it doesn't work with Glyph of Nightmares, which comes in particularly handy in BGs).

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Personally, I like & agree with Fel Meta's green coloring...that being said, I just wish that my Dreadsteed would've also gotten the Fel treatment, alas it did not, (though I can understand why not).
    Use FnB before mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Use FnB before mounting.
    LOL, not quite the effect I was going for.

I will burn your soul.

In my opinion, Affli should focus around Old God magics, Demo around Demonic/Void magics and Destro around chaotic fire magic. Fel and Blood/Anima magic should be present throughout utilities and Fel has to be intensified for Destro through the Codex effects. In other words, Purple has to be the dominant color for Affli and Demo with Destro being the green one under the effects of the codex. Cannot see why choosing to get my flames to look outlandish ruins my shadow aspect.

In fact, I hate using orange flames as a Warlock and at the same time hate having my favourite ability which is Meta to turn ugly green. Why something so simple turns out to be a "pick your poison" scenario?

In my opinion, Affli should focus around Old God magics, Demo around Demonic/Void magics and Destro around chaotic fire magic. Fel and Blood/Anima magic should be present throughout utilities and Fel has to be intensified for Destro through the Codex effects. In other words, Purple has to be the dominant color for Affli and Demo with Destro being the green one under the effects of the codex. Cannot see why choosing to get my flames to look outlandish ruins my shadow aspect.

In fact, I hate using orange flames as a Warlock and at the same time hate having my favourite ability which is Meta to turn ugly green. Why something so simple turns out to be a "pick your poison" scenario?

well no one can tell you that your opinion is wrong, if they do they're acting very idiotic and think there's one only one way a warlock should be. the only thing i'm confused on is this, if you enjoy the green flames and don't feel that they seem to be ugly why then do you see the green metamorphosis form, which is still the same model and still has the cloud of shadowy smoke around its body taking away the shadow aspect of demonology? we still have our shadowy dots corruption and doom? and we still have our main filler spell shadowbolt? and life drain? hand of gul'dan is even still purple and shadowy.

the only things that have a fel tint to them in demo are soulfire, hellfire, immolation aura, and our metamorphosis. meta turns you into a demon, yes the purple meta is more about shadow, but when using the codex you infused yourself with more fel energy making you and your meta a more fel based/infused warlock.

again its your opinion and personal preference so i understand that you like the purple meta. i guess i'm just asking why you feel green meta takes away from the shadow aspect of demo when there are still so many shadow based spells.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    well no one can tell you that your opinion is wrong, if they do they're acting very idiotic and think there's one only one way a warlock should be. the only thing i'm confused on is this, if you enjoy the green flames and don't feel that they seem to be ugly why then do you see the green metamorphosis form, which is still the same model and still has the cloud of shadowy smoke around its body taking away the shadow aspect of demonology? we still have our shadowy dots corruption and doom? and we still have our main filler spell shadowbolt? and life drain? hand of gul'dan is even still purple and shadowy.

the only things that have a fel tint to them in demo are soulfire, hellfire, immolation aura, and our metamorphosis. meta turns you into a demon, yes the purple meta is more about shadow, but when using the codex you infused yourself with more fel energy making you and your meta a more fel based/infused warlock.

again its your opinion and personal preference so i understand that you like the purple meta. i guess i'm just asking why you feel green meta takes away from the shadow aspect of demo when there are still so many shadow based spells.
    Let's say we exclude Meta and refer to visible spells. We have chaos wave, shadow bolt and HoG and on the other hand, Soul fire, Fel flame and hellfire. Given the codex effect, the first category is purple, the other one green. If Meta was purple, it would feel as if demo is void based with some fel spells. Now however, it feels as it is fel based with some shadow spells. I cannot believe there are few people like me who think that fel is one aspect and the perfect substitute for elemental fire spells while the shadow part should stay as it is and present the major identity.

I think that given the major revamp the class had, there were signs of evolution, while the implementation of green fire gave me the impression that they deliberately cling to the classic archetype. To sum up, I want to have a strong identity around the shadow theme while having no elemental fire spells. That means that fel is welcome when it comes to replacing elemental fire, not the core.

10+ Year Old Account
    which is more evil, Purple or Green?
    clearly purple and green are both evil colors.

The distinction seems arbitrary, and so a player should choose the color scheme they prefer.

Let's say we exclude Meta and refer to visible spells. We have chaos wave, shadow bolt and HoG and on the other hand, Soul fire, Fel flame and hellfire. Given the codex effect, the first category is purple, the other one green. If Meta was purple, it would feel as if demo is void based with some fel spells. Now however, it feels as it is fel based with some shadow spells. I cannot believe there are few people like me who think that fel is one aspect and the perfect substitute for elemental fire spells while the shadow part should stay as it is and present the major identity.

I think that given the major revamp the class had, there were signs of evolution, while the implementation of green fire gave me the impression that they deliberately cling to the classic archetype. To sum up, I want to have a strong identity around the shadow theme while having no elemental fire spells. That means that fel is welcome when it comes to replacing elemental fire, not the core.
    well i understand what you mean now and yeah i can understand why you personally feel that green meta changed the theme of demo for you. what i've always thought of demo spec was it is half shadow half fel magic and was not heavily themed on either shadow or fel fire magic but a mixture of both. maybe they'll add a glyph for the purple meta later on