Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    [Hunter] So I got Sat again.

    Yeah..So I got sat again last night for Attempts on Ion Qon H. MY DPS was at about 150-160k. The warlock that was in our group was sitting at a cool 120. I asked Why I was getting sat and not him....."Warlock Portals." Im so tired of this. Anyone else have these issues? So what I left the raid, bought the rest of the caster heirloom set and set off to level a warlock.
    Last edited by Renisis86; 2013-07-11 at 02:51 PM.

    Handful- 90 Hunter- Pocket Rockets - US Cenarius
    Renisis-90 Warrior- Pocket Rockets - US Cenarius
    Handfül-90 Hunter- Fortify- US Kel'Thuzad
    Renisis-90 Priest-US Aerie Peak

  2. #2
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,169
    Enjoy your warlock!

    OT: I too have been sat multiple times before so i know your pain, lots of times i had to read the line "sorry Azgrael, we need Little Jimmy for Heroism."
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    "sorry Azgrael, we need Little Jimmy for Heroism."
    Tried playing BM? I heard they got something similar to heroism

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Enjoy your warlock!

    OT: I too have been sat multiple times before so i know your pain, lots of times i had to read the line "sorry Azgrael, we need Little Jimmy for Heroism."
    Does little Azgrael not have a corehound or something? Or does he also refuse to play BM?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  5. #5
    So? How about being a "guild man" and a little less entitled. You'll get gear eventually.

  6. #6
    This is why you raid 25 man so you don't have to worry about these ridiculous 'utility' stacking issues.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  7. #7
    Warlock is too good to pass on Iron Qon, but I wouldn't make drama cause of it. You got Sat cause they had someone better probably?

    And hunter regarding heroism, this has to be old issue cause now BM can also use heroism.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    So? How about being a "guild man" and a little less entitled. You'll get gear eventually.
    Am I the only one who thinks guilds who replace players because of a class is the most selfish thing to do of a GM? If anything the GM was the selfish one.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    So? How about being a "guild man" and a little less entitled. You'll get gear eventually.
    Why turn the discussion to this? Wanting to be part of working on bosskills is not being a lootwhore. Some people "like" wiping/working on progress.

    On topic:
    It sucks getting sat for someone else in the end you can not do alot about it outside of trying to get in a good place with the raid/guild lead and trying to show specific skills for the group (both in gameplay and in guild matters)

    Make them want you and it gets more likely they boot someone else next time for the lock!

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Craakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland/Denmark
    Posts
    856
    It is bullshit yeah, I got sat for a Will HC fight for a rogue that did worse DpS but could use Immunity to get rid of the Sparks (I'm a shaman), they killed it,I missed the FoS and still don't have that boss kill... was so frustrated that Blizz preach "bring the player" but it's not good enough.

  11. #11
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Does little Azgrael not have a corehound or something? Or does he also refuse to play BM?
    My mistake, i didn't see the Hunter directory on the top. How embarrassing...

    I play a warlock, i was just showing some sympathy as i too know how it feels to be benched in lieu of another better suited class.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  12. #12
    If you don't want to sit because some fights support different class mechanics, and you can't perform well enough for your guild to not be irreplaceable, then you should stick to LFR. Nobody has to sit out of LFR to bring in extra warlock portals.

    In the world of raiding, you should expect to sit sometimes. To let other people get gear from a boss they need, to bring in buffs or utility that your class doesn't have, to help your guild get further and kill a new boss. It doesn't matter what class you play.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Dhryke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ohio, US
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks guilds who replace players because of a class is the most selfish thing to do of a GM? If anything the GM was the selfish one.
    Sometimes the GM or RL have to make the hard decisions on who to bring and not to bring on each encounter. Warlock stacking on Iron Qon was and is still utilized by many raid groups for their kills before its put on "farm". After players learn to dodge tornados less and less portals are needed.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    If you don't want to sit because some fights support different class mechanics, and you can't perform well enough for your guild to not be irreplaceable, then you should stick to LFR. Nobody has to sit out of LFR to bring in extra warlock portals.

    In the world of raiding, you should expect to sit sometimes. To let other people get gear from a boss they need, to bring in buffs or utility that your class doesn't have, to help your guild get further and kill a new boss. It doesn't matter what class you play.
    Once again this, it's about the guild, not you. There is a ton of self entitlement in the thread.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    If you don't want to sit because some fights support different class mechanics, and you can't perform well enough for your guild to not be irreplaceable, then you should stick to LFR. Nobody has to sit out of LFR to bring in extra warlock portals.

    In the world of raiding, you should expect to sit sometimes. To let other people get gear from a boss they need, to bring in buffs or utility that your class doesn't have, to help your guild get further and kill a new boss. It doesn't matter what class you play.
    Agreed, but issue here is also that hunters are first choice because we don't bring any raid utility or best dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks guilds who replace players because of a class is the most selfish thing to do of a GM? If anything the GM was the selfish one.
    Not really, when you can use class ability to greatly help you with encounter. To give different example, DK on Will of Emperor HC with their mass grip on adds so you could basically skip one mechanic(small adds).
    Last edited by Wrekh; 2013-07-11 at 03:18 PM.

  16. #16
    Warlock portals do make the fight tons easier unfortunately. For the sake of progressing, as a rl I would have made the same decision and expected my raiders to understand that, they get their turn to shine eventually.

    You can of course raise your fist towards those who fail the run all the time thus needing the portal to begin with.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-07-11 at 03:17 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    Yeah..So I got sat again last night for Attempts on Ion Qon H. MY DPS was at about 150-160k. The warlock that was in our group was sitting at a cool 120. I asked Why I was getting sat and not him....."Warlock Portals." Im so tired of this. Anyone else have these issues? So what I left the raid, bought the rest of the caster heirloom set and set off to level a warlock.
    Tell your raid to play better, my guild does Iron Quon Heroc without warlock portals just fine.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks guilds who replace players because of a class is the most selfish thing to do of a GM? If anything the GM was the selfish one.
    How is the GM being selfish? He's doing the best he can to ensure the 10 / 25 raiders get the mots out of the night.

    Instead of complaining about the one warlock that was being brought along, why not focus on the other dpsers that aren't bringing any important utility?

  19. #19
    Every class but hunter has Demonic Portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

  20. #20
    Epic! Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,705
    I read the title, and thought you got Saturday again. I was pretty confused because the S was capitalized when it shouldn't be.

    Anyway, I can only sympathize because I have never been sat in my raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •