Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    I like this idea. You could even get some "progressive" colors : the biggest the hit, the reddest the text, something like that.
    Same with size, make weaker spells appear smaller.
    You could probably do that with some kind of combat text addon. No need for blizzard to spend time implementing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    So, how are people getting more than six digits which aren't too high? When you start reguralry hit more than 1 million, then it starts to be imo.
    Next expansion. Warlocks are already doing over 500,000 per Chaos Bolt (or more!).

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    It's probably a tumor.
    It's not a tumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    When they didn't scale hugely between expansions (BC to WotLK) they got bitching because guilds that were well geared from BC had an advantage in Naxx.

I think giving into that bitching was a big mistake, but they've made it two expansions running now, so I don't see much hope.
    While true, that's a whole other discussion.
    Mainly due to incredible bonuses from tiersets people where able to carry over alot of old gear and even have an edge.
    Lets not forget the initial Wotlk raiding content got decimated within days after release so that surely didn't help the debate.
    Think even the world first sarth+3 (hardest fight at the moment) was mostly done in toptier BC gear rather then Wotlk equipment.

Blizzard HAD to inflate statgains just to counter this, the only other solution was a severe penalty on using 'old' gear which surely wouldn't gain em any positive feedback.
    Ilvl requirements limit such things with LFR already, if Blizzard dares to put the same requirement(s) on normal/HC raids we might see the problem resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
    That's it, I'm writing to Intel to tell them to lower the cpu clock speed because using the SI-system is complicated and I can't comprehend theese large numbers they've reached.
    ^ Someone who doesn't understand the problem ^

Item level is the problem. Even a minor upgrade can cause a large increase in performance. The difference between a heroic blue geared 90 and a ToT Heroic Thunderforged geared player is obscene (purely on stats alone). The game gets bigger and bigger every expansion because of how ilevel scaling works.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Next expansion. Warlocks are already doing over 500,000 per Chaos Bolt (or more!).

Although its probably on the low end of things, my CB's seem to do like 700-750k (counting procs and such); hitting for over a million 3 times during Horridon nearly made me shart myself. *big fuggin numbers pop out* o_o did I do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    What's the difference between doing 1k dmg/attack vs a mob with 10k hp instead of doing 10k dmg/attack vs a mob with 100k hp? Why is the first option better? You still need the same amount of attacks to kill the mob.
    If you don't understand the difference after what I said then there is no point in explaining it to you, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If you don't understand the difference after what I said then there is no point in explaining it to you, again.
    There is no difference. The only difference is the size of the numbers. Your attacks will still do the same amount of damage relative to your opponents HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Considering my guild had a 0% wipe on Lei Shen with ~120,000hp left on him, I strongly disagree.
    But the in-game damage won't be affected.

You could probably do that with some kind of combat text addon. No need for blizzard to spend time implementing that.
    Yeah they should.
    Its a rather simple thing to do since it can be done with just an addon so a team of devs as experienced as the blizzard staff should be able to knock that out within a few hours. They took over PowerAuras or whatever it was called and listed it as a new feature in Cata iirc.
    Even optional something i suggested has no reason to not be in the game atm.

I have no problem with the squish and I can understand why Blizzard would like to do it, but it doesn't really matter either way to be honest.

There is no difference between me doing 1k dmg/spell on a mob with 10k HP or me doing 100k dmg/spell against a mob with 1m HP.
    Yay! Someone who gets what's going on! Personally I think it's a waste of time tbh, it's not like I look at the numbers that my hits are doing anyway. As far as I care it says 9q0934u18053791285471987341030901hfh91n.. I'm focussing on the bossfight anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Yeah they should.
    Its a rather simple thing to do since it can be done with just an addon so a team of devs as experienced as the blizzard staff should be able to knock that out within a few hours. They took over PowerAuras or whatever it was called and listed it as a new feature in Cata iirc.
    Even optional something i suggested has no reason to not be in the game atm.
    Blizzards's version is a lot worse though. You can't really customize it, they only added tracking for a handful of things etc. If you used PowerAuras or something similar before blizzard added their version there is a very high probability that you are still using PowerAuras/WeakAuras.

Get an addon and stop bitching about arbitrary "problems" with easy solutions.

Deleted
    Oh, this topic again. Seems like we have to beat this dead horse to pulp every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Sorry but they're gonna have to sort this out eventually, 13157568421 appearing all over the screen in coming expansions isn't gonna register within the human mind as 'high damage' compared to 13157568.

How can they fix this?
    It's not? Registers as roughly 1000x as big in my mind. Must be really simpleminded people then, since it's pretty damn obvious that it's a far greater number.

And then we see the "but 1100 over 1000 is a noticeable upgrade, while 20100 over 20000 isn't". Of course a 10% upgrade is more noticeable than a 0.5% upgrade. I wouldn't really bother upgrading from 1000 to 1005 either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I find it incredibly sad that some people still think this is something that actually needs to have developer time/money spent on it.
    Agreed, I despise people who lack the intellect to read bigger numbers and try to blame blizz for it instead of themselves.
    The vast majority is strictly against that useless squish.

Blizzards's version is a lot worse though. You can't really customize it, they only added tracking for a handful of things etc. If you used PowerAuras or something similar before blizzard added their version there is a very high probability that you are still using PowerAuras/WeakAuras.
    True, it could use some tweaks but so does the entire UI.
    Playing a rogue without Slicer or something equivalent is annoying to say the least so imo Blizzard should really step up on this part of WoW.
    That being said, its now easier to play WoW without addons then before their implementation of PowerAuras so its still an advancement, even if there is still room for improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    True, it could use some tweaks but so does the entire UI.
    Playing a rogue without Slicer or something equivalent is annoying to say the least so imo Blizzard should really step up on this part of WoW.
    That being said, its now easier to play WoW without addons then before their implementation of PowerAuras so its still an advancement, even if there is still room for improvement.
    That is true. It's easier to play without addons now compared to before. But the big problem with only using blizzard's UI is that you have to wait for months before they update or make any changes to it. If you have an addon you can get weekly if not daily updates sometimes, issues gets fixed a lot faster, more options added etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood why people are so fanatic about the item squish. I personally would rather it stay the way it is, but honestly I don't care either way.

I don't really understand how this is even a big deal. It really enhances some peoples' personal enjoyments of the game to see 133737 versus 134k? At the end of the day, won't you be using logs for anything serious or at least a program like recount to summarize? I guess this is just something I can't imagine getting all up in arms about.