Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    in my opinion the numbers are getting ridiculous, but some people enjoy seeing big numbers. i just dont really understand why they decided the numbers had to go up at such a sharp rate. i felt like the jump from vanilla to BC was the best but even it i felt was too high. i can remember having 5k health and 5k mana in my hwl gear back in vanilla and there towards the end of season 4 in BC i had about triple that, and it just took off with each expansion after that.

/boggle
    Two reasons. They don't want you to use previous expansion gear, and they want to give the bleeding edge guilds a challenge while still allowing more average players to be able to finish the content.
    I'm sure there're more, but those are the ones they told us about.

While we're at it, lets stop having 3 phases of 1 boss, along with bosses dying at 10% and 5%.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I'm pretty indifferent to the subject. I'm not going to feel any stronger next patch when I'm doing 600k dps as I am now when I do 300k, and I'm not going to feel any weaker when I'm doing 3k as I will by doing 1mill. Its all relative to what my peers are doing, if they're doing 3k and I'm doing 2k I'll feel weak. If they're doing 3k and I'm doing 3k, I'll feel strong.

As far as dev time, well I'd imagine its been talked about a good bit, and if the beta stays in beta for any amount of time, they should be able to knock it out pretty quickly as long as they have a system put in place prior to actually doing it.

As far as the benefits go, for a game of this age when it comes to stuff like this, simpler is always better, you have to do everything you can to appeal to a larger group of people. Sure we joke about people being stupid, but when you're talking about single abilities doing 1,254,869 damage, sure parsing it is going to require more work than 1,254. No, it isn't that I can't process the higher number, it's that it is in fact easier for EVERYONE to parse the smaller number.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Uneeded. the K's and M's behind the numbers will fix it.
    Exactly this and /Thread
    I should've known that you'd travel in disguise. They're ... always watching..

item squish is a terrible idea;
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    it is the process of simplifying numbers to make them comprehensible for the unskilled common peasant folk.

Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-07 at 09:32 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

As long everything else is scaled to be the same then why not. You gotta be nuts just to quit the game for that. And people wont even care after awhile im betting on it
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of which disagrees with what he said. At least read what you quote.
    It directly disagrees with him "this"ing and "/thread"ing, "Uneeded. the K's and M's behind the numbers will fix it." If K's and M's fixed it, Blizzard wouldn't keep pushing for the squish after implementing K's and M's. Perhaps you should read what you quote.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No, it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to.

Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with the rogue.

you can just download an addon to lower all damage and health numbers by 2 decimals and it wouldn't change a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

Bloodsail Admiral
    We don't need item squish. We don't need number squish. Stop being lazy and story those large numbers. Or else the numbers become meaningless. Do you really think next expansion I'll be ok with my hunter doing 20 DPS instead 200k+ DPS now? If you'll be ok with it, I won't be.

It's sounding more and more like it's time to be done with wow. If I do play the next expansion it'll likely be only until Star Citizen releases.

Sooooo, anyone remembers when 30 strength on an item was a lot?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Adding a K or a M is not sufficient work. Especially if you really want to know what you hit for. For example, if you hit for 425,725 but it only shows 425k or 426k depending on if Blizzard decides to round numbers or not. In order to have the most delicate work and gaming experience one must know exactly what they are hitting for, not some estimate. One could say well check the combat log, but who really wants to scroll through all that combat text when the numbers could be displayed for what they really are. Therefore, I say that the numbers should be reduced and still show exactly what they are to give the player a complete gaming experience.