Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Trinkets, the latest in the list of stuff that ruins pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Geeh guys, ptr ain't over yet and they aren't done with the trinkets yet. It won't go live like this, especially not with how many people complain
    >.<
    Hunters went live in 5.1, as did warriors with 5 stacks. Blizzard don't exactly have a a decent track record of identifying game breaking issues before they make it to live Maybe this time it will be different, fingers crossed!
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i find the irony that pvp was more balanced when pve gear was rampant then it is now when almost no pve gear is used quite entertaining.

people said that about trinkets this tier too, and they haven't had a particularly huge effect.
    apart from the vicious talisman being utterly op for like 2-3 months and caused agility classes to 1 shot stuff, tell me do you even pvp..

Blizzard don't exactly have a a decent track record of identifying game breaking issues before they make it to live
    ^ this.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-07-15 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Hunters went live in 5.1, as did warriors with 5 stacks. Blizzard don't exactly have a a decent track record of identifying game breaking issues before they make it to live Maybe this time it will be different, fingers crossed!
    They don't have to identify them, the playerbase does it for them. They just don't take any notice since their arrogance takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Gear is capped at 496 in all pvp instances. So that trinket will amount to crap on a stick compared to the actual pvp trinkets.
    As it is now on live.
    Unfortunately most of those downscaled trinkets have their stats and proc buff decreased BUT have the proc DOUBLED in time. Yes DOUBLED.
    The Breath of the Hydra trinket proc is downscaled from +/- 6200 for 20 secs to +/- 5700 for 40 SECS.
    Same goes for the Essence crit trinket. The proc normally lasts 10 secs but the downscaled PVP version lasts 20 seconds. That is just insane and thats the reason these trinkets are still insanely good to use in PVP.

The PvE trinkets actually make PvP fun again before garbage baseline resilience. Im actually killing people in seconds, and also getting killed in seconds. If anyone gets below 60% its one-shot territory. PvP should be fun and fast paced with death everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    The PvE trinkets actually make PvP fun again before garbage baseline resilience. Im actually killing people in seconds, and also getting killed in seconds. If anyone gets below 60% its one-shot territory. PvP should be fun and fast paced with death everywhere.
    If you want games won by RNG with no element of skill, sure that would be great. However a lot of players prefer to win through coordination and tactics rather than hoping they manage to crit before the other team do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez7
    General awesomeness
    QFT Jez7, you're absolutely right.

It' still apparently too hard and too much to just disable certain PvE trinket procs in instanced PvP.

Because there aren't dozens upon dozens of other trinkets PvE'rs can use while getting into PvP that aren't absurdly broken.
    (Still using Elegon's trinket on my priest as I gear him for example.)

So you want S11 back?

Lets just remove Gladiator and we can have an RNG fest and give the titles out at random.

Im actually killing people in seconds, and also getting killed in seconds. If anyone gets below 60% its one-shot territory.

Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun. But where is the skill in it?

Deleted
    60% should never be "one shot" territory. There is no fun being killed in seconds and only short gratification of killing someone else in seconds. Like most things, you'll get to a point where the only people left playing are those that want to do that kind of thing, which is fine, but I dare say it's a rather large percentage of the player base that actually wants to play the game.

Personally, I prefer it when a fight isn't over in seconds, and you have a close match.

PvE is taking steps at the minute that could potentially make PvP very unfun for anyone that doesn't raid. I am all for PvE gear not being useless in PvP that's their enjoyment, but when people stop doing pvp to gear up for pvp, something is very wrong.

I would even support such drastic actions as preventing PvE set bonuses from working in instanced pvp, or tying more damage reduction to other pvp off pieces (say 2x rings = 10%, belt+neck = 10%). Those numbers would need to be balanced of course, and it is quite unlikely to happen.

Out in the world, well, it happens, that's life, chances are you will fowl of pvers doing what pvpers did to them for a fair old bit of time. Swings and roundabouts.

From the Bluetracker yesterday/2 days ago,
    We're aware that those particular trinkets are really strong for PvP in their current state. Our goal hasn't changed, we want ensure that PvP gear will stay as the optimal choice for PvP and as such we're working on bringing these trinkets into line. Thank you everyone for telling us what you think about them and we hope to continue seeing your feedback on the changes shown on the PTR.
    I know it's the popular thing to say that Blizzard never listens and to constantly bitch about problems, but it's clear that they're intending to address it. At least wait a few builds before you start complaining about a problem that they acknowledged like 2 days ago!
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-07-16 at 07:16 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    From the Bluetracker yesterday/2 days ago,

I know it's the popular thing to say that Blizzard never listens and to constantly bitch about problems, but it's clear that they're intending to address it. At least wait a few builds before you start complaining about a problem that they acknowledged like 2 days ago!
    It's the popular thing to say because Blizzard have a 100% track record of ignoring feedback and NOT fixing ridiculous crap on the PTR.

Imo the only way to "bring the trinkets in line" for PvP is to remove them from it. Even if they downscale the hell out of the mastery/haste/crit proc trinket it's still going to be much better than the PvP options for some classes. If they want to let the PvE'rs "get into PvP" then just have the static stat on it be downscaled and remove the proc entirely from PvP; that way it's not 100% useless to them but it says "hey, the pvp trinket is going to be better".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    It's the popular thing to say because Blizzard have a 100% track record of ignoring feedback and NOT fixing ridiculous crap on the PTR.
    well they can't ignore the numbers.. its not right.

i wore 2 pve trinks [amplification and the int proc] into a regular bg in ptr.. actually a few.. and this was on the low side.

one game i did over 30mil.. i'm not a good bg player so i normally don't do that in bgs. admittedly part of this because of double double soul <3.

i should add - since bgs are largely irrelevant - we played 10 more games of 3s today ele/aff/ druid.. and the damage was stupid from everyone. we won a couple games in seconds.. and a couple more without even realizing it since someone went 100-0 instantly[us or them]. we werent on skype so it wasnt like we were planning it out.

didnt seem that bad yesterday i guess i was wrong.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-17 at 02:46 AM.

The healer epic cloak bonus. Even scaled down that's much better than an equal ilvl pvp cloak!

Good thing the patch comes out next Tuesday. Oh wait, it doesn't? Okay then, don't worry about it, it'll be changed before it goes live. There's probably 1-2 months left before 5.4 comes out, isn't worth worrying about it yet.

Blizzard isn't stupid enough to let people one shot each other in PvP on live consistently. The trinkets will be toned down in PvP, will probably proc for less, instead of 40% increased damage it'll be 10% or something, and it won't be a problem on live in arenas/BGs. Maybe they won't tune it down in world PvP, but really, world PvP hasn't been relevant since SS/TM back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    When does blizzard learn, do not allow PvE trinkets into pvp, it will just cause massive imbalances and causes further balance issues in pvp. Dont give me the usual "but blizzard wants pve people to do pvp", if so buy pvp trinkets, its that simple.
    poor warlock the chaos bolt overkilled...he didnt even get to shadowburn for another 250k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Good thing the patch comes out next Tuesday. Oh wait, it doesn't? Okay then, don't worry about it, it'll be changed before it goes live. There's probably 1-2 months left before 5.4 comes out, isn't worth worrying about it yet.

Blizzard isn't stupid enough to let people one shot each other in PvP on live consistently. The trinkets will be toned down in PvP, will probably proc for less, instead of 40% increased damage it'll be 10% or something, and it won't be a problem on live in arenas/BGs. Maybe they won't tune it down in world PvP, but really, world PvP hasn't been relevant since SS/TM back in vanilla.
    1] now is exactly when we should worry about it / let them know. they read the forums... they've admitted as much.

2] ........lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    1] now is exactly when we should worry about it / let them know. they read the forums... they've admitted as much.

2] ........lol.
    1. They've already acknowledged it, no idea why you think it needs more topics.

2. Aside from bugs (the Hunter stampede bug, for example) I can't think of anything that consistently one shot people since tier 3 in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i complaining about this a thread someone made back when they came out.. but they're not as crazy as i thought - still better than -10% / pvp dmg trink and everyone almost without except in arena that i've seen is using them, but they're not that much crazier that than the existing pve ones..if that says anything :/.

outside or arena tho.. i hit 300-400k chaos bolts on people with demon soul when triple stat boost trink procs..ive hit a few 200k evis' on rouge no idea what happened there.. usually around 80-140k. should be noted thats with pve gear on in world.. alot of it is that.

basically.. world pvp is horrible on ptr.. cant even duel, it's too dumb :[.
    The 10% dmg reduction bonus was nerfed to about 3.6% pvp resilience. The bonus gives like 2600 pvp resil.