Deleted

I am going back to Rift! Need few answers, please!

Okey. I didn't find a job this summer and on the nights and some days I have a lot of spare time. I started playing WoW after a 2 years break and I've been playing Rift for a total of maybe 6 months.

The thing is with WoW now is that I don't find anything to do in it anymore. I played or for 2 years, but now I just realized that the only thing I am doing is getting saved for raids and leveling alts, and a lot of alts because I just don't find anything else to do after a reset when you are saved to everything. I want to think that Rift is fun. I have so many great memories of Rift when there were a lot of things to do and people were not so hard with raids ( you had a chance of getting into raids even when you hadn't completed them yet ). 1 thing I remember of course is the world pvp and rifts themselves.

It has been completely free to play now and I was , yea, why not start playing it? New DLC and everything.

So, people who have come back to Rift since it became free to play, what do you think of it now? I want to make myself a marksman (I think that was the name ). How is that class working out ?

Rift is more or less the same basic gameplay as it was on launch. Actually, it is exactly the same to a large degree. There is just more- more raids, more dungeons, more souls, more zones, more quests, more secondary systems, more currencies, more rifts, more dailies, more, more, more.

It's about as good an MMO made in the bimodal theme park style of design/development as has ever been made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rift is more or less the same basic gameplay as it was on launch. Actually, it is exactly the same to a large degree. There is just more- more raids, more dungeons, more souls, more zones, more quests, more secondary systems, more currencies, more rifts, more dailies, more, more, more.

It's about as good an MMO made in the bimodal theme park style of design/development as has ever been made.
    Alright. I liked the old Rift so if many changes hasn't been made, I might like it again!

Do you know, or where, I can find about how many players Rift have now? One of the reasons I quit before was because it was very empty.. I was in a city and saw maybe 10 people. It must have grown now?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Alright. I liked the old Rift so if many changes hasn't been made, I might like it again!

Do you know, or where, I can find about how many players Rift have now? One of the reasons I quit before was because it was very empty.. I was in a city and saw maybe 10 people. It must have grown now?
    Well there's fewer incentives to be in a city in Rift--many people will be in the high level zones. I've seen more people out in the world leveling in Rift than in any MMO I've played. I also avoid cities just because of lag >.>

That information is rarely released by any MMO developer. Least of all privately owned ones.

How many players does it have? Enough.

Deleted
    Alright. Im going to make myself a ranger and I wonder, as last question. Is there a big difference between who is dominating in PvP? Are the servers all vs all or 1 vs 1 when it comes to PvP?

Faction PVP kinda doesn't matter anymore. All races and factions can be in the same groups/guilds/warfronts. That is to say it is possible to queue for a warfront as a High Elf Defiant and be placed on the Guardian team for that match.

Faction only matters in the open world. And world PVP only happens on like 1 or 2 servers- otherwise ignored by almost all Rift players.

PVP is not a big thing in Rift.

Also you can't "make a ranger". The idea is incorrect in the context of Rift. You can roll a Rogue, and play a ranger spec. But if others are reading this, then don't get the impression classes are singular in the same way one "makes a ranger" in EQ or AOC.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-14 at 03:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.riftstatus.com/

every north american server is High status atm. so that would be the best place to see how many people might be on. although you will never get a full on exact number of people in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    http://www.riftstatus.com/

every north american server is High status atm. so that would be the best place to see how many people might be on. although you will never get a full on exact number of people in game.
    The only problem with this is that they've increased server sizes several times since launch and at least once since the f2p transition--it doesn't tell us how big the servers are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    The only problem with this is that they've increased server sizes several times since launch and at least once since the f2p transition--it doesn't tell us how big the servers are.
    yes i know this, i was just stating that in order to get a slight feel about how many people play, that site is probably the best to gauge it. while no one knows how many the server can hold or how many people are needed on the server to set it to High status, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Rift recently and I have to recommend downloading the addon called Gadgets, it's awesome for your UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    While it does not give exact numbers on how many people play it does give much more valuable and relevant info. It tells you that when you log in, there are others to play with. The total number of players means next to nothing if they are spread out across several servers and the world feels empty. Servers on Rift are full of people, queuing up for things, strolling around doing Great Hunts and World Events. It is packed, especially at max level, but due to f2p there are people of all levels out doing things, and that is all that really matters.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is with WoW now is that I don't find anything to do in it anymore.
    To be frank, Rift is a great game, but you are going to find yourself in the same situation. It is not incredibly diverse when it comes to content styles and the rewards you can get from them. Don't let it stop you from playing now, but it is not a long term solution to what is clearly a dissatisfaction with the current state of the genre.
    BAD WOLF

If you can afford it, id highly recommend checking out Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn. It's renewed my love of the genre. This is coming from a hardcore raid history in WoW.
    Senior Officer of the FFXIV:ARR chapter of the Philanthropy Gaming community. Come say hello!

Does anyone now how to catch pets in Rift I am new and wanted to try and get one of the cool new ones next week

Quote Originally Posted by vegetafett View Post
    Does anyone now how to catch pets in Rift I am new and wanted to try and get one of the cool new ones next week
    It's pretty easy. You see a critter with a green health bar, you go close to it, you get a button to catch it, you press the button. That's it.

Deleted
    More and more people are hitting 50-60 therefore you don't really see many people hanging around in cities, depending on which ones you're in.

Deleted
    I enjoy it being f2p. Went back, got invite to a cool pvp guild rather fast, and also met some old guild members, amazing community in this game, and I do warfronts every now and then. Havent leveled to max yet, but no hurry. I play it very casually due to limited game time, and play other games with my friends because for some reason Rift didnt appeal to them :/ But Rift warfronts are fun, and since it's f2p you dont feel that you have to play because you must get your moneys worth of the subfee... you just login whenev. I also like that daily warfront win stack, so you dont have to do them every day... you can save seven and do them all in a night if you got little time to play, thats really great.

I wont get into how they should fix pvp, I know they never will... but since you can play warfronts casually and for fun and for free I will hold my mouth shut=)

10+ Year Old Account

Rift is no longer empty. The game is bustling.