Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Brews, guardian druids and prot palas don't make good flag carriers in bgs.
    If you wanna talk being able to dps other players in 1v1 situations, blood dk is the only tank spec that can do that.

Sory, prot pvp is dead across the board...unless you're a blood dk...cuz pro.
    Yep. The thing I like about playing Prot Warrior is that they are the master of harrassment in PvP, I can keep someone locked down and stunned/snared/interrupted constantly. I can dispel their magic effects, etc. It's not so much about the damage, it's the utility they bring. Same with my Blood, I can survive forever, keep their attention, double DG, lay on the damage.

I can't do neither of that on my BrM. I have crap damage, crap survivability, and I can't harass anyone aside from Fire Breath. They need to reduce Clash's CD down to 20s max to put it in the same league as DG (charge would still be better). I would gladly accept a stun nerf to Clash to make up for the shorter CD.

As for FC, well, I actually think BrMs are really good at that, especially if you spec with Celerity with Chi Torpedo. I can get away pretty well and with glyphed Paralysis and Transcendance I can keep attackers kited for a very long time. I usually put my spirit up on the roof in WSG, then jump down, wait until they come down after me and then port back up to the roof, rinse and repeat. Also, paralysis/disarm/aoe stun people on me. Can keep 4+ people kited for a long bit with just this method, don't even need a healer. It's the one thing I'm good at... Then again, I achieve the same thing when I go MW...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Just wanted to drop by and tell that I've reached 1.8k in 2s as brewmaster. Me and my friend thought ''hey, wanna just mess around in 2s, i go blood and you brm?'' I actually registered me just to say it.
    Use glyph of sparring,clash and breath of fire. The constant interrupting with fire is really good. especially when hunter pops stampede.
    Keg smash crits max 80k, but when constant staying on target, they will burn out on mana, and you'll win eventually. Yes, we actually won against many healer teams.

Survivability is okay i guess, use healing elixir, and get an addon that tracks the cd of it. Many people don't know that it refreshes every 18sec, it's not a cooldown spell. Basicly this means you can wait to right before 18 secs have pass, use it. Then you can use it again 1 sec after. Just kite and throw beers at enemies, while using purifying brew to get healing elixir (heals for around 70-160k)

However, in RBGs they're kinda shitty,lol. But in just normal bgs, they deal a ton of damage, and people simply doesn't know what a brm can do, as they have never seen one before.. usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neixus View Post
    Just wanted to drop by and tell that I've reached 1.8k in 2s as brewmaster. Me and my friend thought ''hey, wanna just mess around in 2s, i go blood and you brm?'' I actually registered me just to say it.
    Use glyph of sparring,clash and breath of fire. The constant interrupting with fire is really good. especially when hunter pops stampede.
    Keg smash crits max 80k, but when constant staying on target, they will burn out on mana, and you'll win eventually. Yes, we actually won against many healer teams.

Survivability is okay i guess, use healing elixir, and get an addon that tracks the cd of it. Many people don't know that it refreshes every 18sec, it's not a cooldown spell. Basicly this means you can wait to right before 18 secs have pass, use it. Then you can use it again 1 sec after. Just kite and throw beers at enemies, while using purifying brew to get healing elixir (heals for around 70-160k)

However, in RBGs they're kinda shitty,lol. But in just normal bgs, they deal a ton of damage, and people simply doesn't know what a brm can do, as they have never seen one before.. usually.
    I'm 90% sure glyph of sparring is for WW monks only. BrMs don't spar. You not knowing this shows me that BrM are for casuals who just want to have fun and play what they want. Which is OK, but it doesn't make the BrM a successful choice for a serious team.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm 90% sure glyph of sparring is for WW monks only. BrMs don't spar. You not knowing this shows me that BrM are for casuals who just want to have fun and play what they want. Which is OK, but it doesn't make the BrM a successful choice for a serious team.
    You're right, my mistake. Heck, i don't even use the glyph as BrM.
    ''You not knowing this shows me that BrM are for casuals''?
    I may not be hardcore, but I've done Deathwing on HC, and i also got challenger as a lock, so shut your mouth. Also, I never said said that it can compete in pvp really. The spec is ok, but nothing you can go serious about, hence why i did arenas as one for fun.

Also, if would like to know why you think that just because i forgot BrMs don't spar, would represent every other BrM as casuals?
    Last edited by Neixus; 2013-07-16 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neixus View Post
    You're right, my mistake. Heck, i don't even use the glyph as BrM.
    ''You not knowing this shows me that BrM are for casuals''?
    I may not be hardcore, but I've done Deathwing on HC, and i also got challenger as a lock, so shut your mouth. Also, I never said said that it can compete in pvp really. The spec is ok, but nothing you can go serious about, hence why i did arenas as one for fun.

Also, if would like to know why you think that just because i forgot BrMs don't spar, would represent every other BrM as casuals?
    Calm down, casual doesn't have to be negative. I'm a casual and proud of it. This game isn't my life.

And not sure I understand what you're saying at the second part, are you insinuating I think every BrM who PvP is casual? If so then, hell yeah I do. They may not be casual overall (they could be a hardcore raider or w/e), but if you PvP as a BrM you are pretty casual at PvP. It means you aren't using the FoTM class/spec to get to 2k+ because you're going to reach a plateau as a BrM where you won't be able to defeat the comps you go up against. I'm too lazy to check what the highest rating with a BrM is, but I'm sure it's no where near the top.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2013-07-16 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So since you seem to keep changing your complaints...I'm going to go through this systematically.

RBGs: You're not going to bring a BrM. Melee suck and there are better FCs out there.
    Normal BGs: If you can play it you are going to run circles around people for all the reasons stated in previous posts.
    2v2: As stated above you can do fairly well given the right comp. 2s are hard b/c of balance issues however.
    3v3 and 5v5: This is prob even more dependent on comp, but you could do well with BoF, Clash, RoP, KS cleaves, etc. These also don't have the balance issues that are rampant in 2s.

So really the only place you couldn't do well in is RBGs. Everything else with proper play is doable.

Deleted
    Brewmaster is the most annoying spec to face in PvP out of any tank spec, I can reassure you there.