Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    people keep saying our multidot damage is high. the only class we beat in multitarget are elemental shaman, and that's only when it's purely multitarget and they can't abuse CL. just look at council ranks.

just like in 5.1, the only fights where we can actually dominate are fights with a constant add trickle for SWD generation and high TOF uptime. it's the only mechanical strength of the class, and it's such a goofy and particular type of fight where it's strong because with too many adds our SWD cheese loses out to classes with actual multidot/cleave strength. look at fights like megaera vs horridon - horridon mostly has a stream of adds where megaera has two constant targets and waves of aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    people keep saying our multidot damage is high. the only class we beat in multitarget are elemental shaman, and that's only when it's purely multitarget and they can't abuse CL. just look at council ranks.
    /sign

the time of "overpowerd shadow dots" is over.

shadow have the weakest dots in game because he had no DPS-CD

Quote Originally Posted by jessi View Post
    /sign

the time of "overpowerd shadow dots" is over.

shadow have the weakest dots in game because he had no DPS-CD
    Our dots are fine. Shadow has the weakest dots in game because long duration dots, especially Vamp. Touch, are not intended to be our main dmg source anyways. They play more of a support role. We're (sadly) not affliction warlocks.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Our dots are fine. Shadow has the weakest dots in game because long duration dots, especially Vamp. Touch, are not intended to be our main dmg source anyways. They play more of a support role. We're (sadly) not affliction warlocks.
    when you add in moonkin and elemental dot procs and demonology crit imps, our dots do almost 1/3 less damage (and half that of affliction just from base dot damage) than any other class's dots - especially in multitarget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    I'm seeing opening burst of up to 8-900k with 546. Specifically in fights where I'm able to lineup a rotation with 25 yd halo and bloodlust on pull. Heroic Durumu with the 40 second opening phase is near perfect for shadows opening rotation. The biggest burst jump I noticed was reaching the 50% haste mark self buffed. (was like 17600 as a goblin)
    On that note, We're extremely strong on fights like horridon where we can reliably proc ToF and run multi-dot on everything. In capable hands, a shadowpriest will blow everyone else out of the water on that fight. My only complaint about shadow currently is no filler for on the move, Personally I'd like to see the SWD glyph become useful for that kind of movement, (doubletap without orb as mindflay replacement on the move).
    I do only 500K burst with all cds in 533ilvl =(
    Although I got best burst in my raid team if I get my trinket proccs. Though that says more about my fellow dpsers than spriests. (they play hunter, mage, warrior, monk)
    Last edited by mmoc30d0604caf; 2013-07-18 at 03:40 PM.

Not only do priests do well above middle of the pack on most fights, they actually have raid CDs.

When I see a shadow priest bitch about how shit their class/spec is I want to punch a baby.

The big problem with shadow is that now we're not really the best at anything.
    You can't even compare Shadow raid utility to a Shaman, you can't compare our AoE capability to a Warlock nor our multidotting one.
    We're crap at single target, and have the worst mobility in the game.
    What shadow really lack is a way to defferentiate itself from others. And gcg if you want to whine about OP classes you'll have to go to the mage / Warlock forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    The big problem with shadow is that now we're not really the best at anything.
    You can't even compare Shadow raid utility to a Shaman, you can't compare our AoE capability to a Warlock nor our multidotting one.
    We're crap at single target, and have the worst mobility in the game.
    What shadow really lack is a way to defferentiate itself from others. And gcg if you want to whine about OP classes you'll have to go to the mage / Warlock forums.
    If you go to any other class forum you'll find that class saying something a long the lines of that if not, the same thing.

Your single target and aoe is fine, you have vampiric embrace and usually always get tranq from druids in 25 mans. Some classes don't even have utility or raid CDs, keep that in mind before you start whining

There is a lot of aoe next tier, so be happy tbh. Spriest will never compete with locks or mages. The sooner you make peace with that, the better for you

Quote Originally Posted by gcg View Post
    If you go to any other class forum you'll find that class saying something a long the lines of that if not, the same thing.

Your single target and aoe is fine, you have vampiric embrace and usually always get tranq from druids in 25 mans. Some classes don't even have utility or raid CDs, keep that in mind before you start whining
    SP tranq is useless, it heals for 200k overall.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    SP tranq is useless, it heals for 200k overall.
    Do you even know your own class?

Please do teach me.

The fact that you even mentioned our Tranq will make it hard for anyone here to take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    The fact that you even mentioned our Tranq will make it hard for anyone here to take you seriously.
    As if anyone thought he knew what he was talking about in the first place. At least he got an infraction.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    There is a lot of aoe next tier, so be happy tbh. Spriest will never compete with locks or mages. The sooner you make peace with that, the better for you
    So what are we supposed to compete with?

Because at this rate it feels like nothing from both a PvE and a PvP standpoint.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha!

SP tranq is so awful. I made a cancel aura for symbiosis because of it. Can't even be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Shadows dmg in pvp never got changed all they did was take away offhealer utility life swap and MD. without quick MDs its harder to baby sit the healer and life swaps removal means mistakes can mean deaths quicker as you have 1 less out.
    Umm, Shadow in PvP was absolutely nuts for a while there because of all the free procs they got all the time. Which has since been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Umm, Shadow in PvP was absolutely nuts for a while there because of all the free procs they got all the time. Which has since been changed.
    What changed exactly? As far I know FDCL(not counting the glyph) and DI haven't changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Ha!

SP tranq is so awful. I made a cancel aura for symbiosis because of it. Can't even be bothered.
    You can't cancelaura Symbiosis. You can loose it by changing a talent if you wanna fu*k up them ferals on Lei Shen tho. Our feral doesn't take it from me anymore because of that

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    What changed exactly? As far I know FDCL(not counting the glyph) and DI haven't changed at all.
    you can't disperse while stun/silenced and shadow healing has been significantly nerfed. the only real damage improvement for shadow is basically useless in pvp because we always get trained (insanity).