Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

buff the shadow!

i think the title says all.

Shadows just need a hard dps buff or something like a "burst cd" .. ( and PI is not a cd .. its just a joke )

On the same iLevel or Gear-base you will always lose the dps raise because at the beginning you have no good cd ( if you can't start with 3-orbs ).

So firemage/shamans/moonkins just run away ...

like every content .. sp is just a support class

and for the flaming bots : eu-arsenal ( Jessìcà )

Quote Originally Posted by jessi View Post
    i think the title says all.

Shadows just need a hard dps buff or something like a "burst cd" .. ( and PI is not a cd .. its just a joke )

On the same iLevel or Gear-base you will always lose the dps raise because at the beginning you have no good cd ( if you can't start with 3-orbs ).

So firemage/shamans/moonkins just run away ...

like every content .. sp is just a support class

and for the flaming bots : eu-arsenal ( Jessìcà )

theres not even the excuse of pvp gods atm.

I don't think they want to buff single target for fear of burst in pvp still though

and they don't want us to be king of multi dotting so no dot buffs.

I think a base mastery buff would go down nice.
    followed by some critters near bosses :P
    Last edited by stickyjam; 2013-07-14 at 08:53 AM.

Shadow definitely needs something. You can spec Holy and DPS and do comparable numbers (You won't do any healer, but Shadow doesn't either, so...)

It's a slippery slope though, too much single target buff and they go overboard in PvP (again). I'd say adding some sort of 1min DPS type CD would be good though, something to actually do other than spam Mind Flay all day cause really that isn't very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Shadow definitely needs something. You can spec Holy and DPS and do comparable numbers (You won't do any healer, but Shadow doesn't either, so...)

It's a slippery slope though, too much single target buff and they go overboard in PvP (again). I'd say adding some sort of 1min DPS type CD would be good though, something to actually do other than spam Mind Flay all day cause really that isn't very fun.

Shadows dmg in pvp never got changed all they did was take away offhealer utility life swap and MD. without quick MDs its harder to baby sit the healer and life swaps removal means mistakes can mean deaths quicker as you have 1 less out.

Deleted
    the blind "pvp" excuse ..

its so annoying to be "bad" in pve because of maybe "burst-dmg" in pvp.

fact is that in the moment with 5.3 on live-servers -> sp is a little bit behind other hybrid classes but with 5.4 ( ptr-server ) you can start collecting heal gear , no progress group can carry such a "dps-stone"

Deleted
    Are you guys talking about PTR or live, because on live our dmg is fine. Just straight middle of the pack, which we can not argue with.

Shadow Priests had their run, a long one...

Just need a small single target buff or a little something to help with movement.

Were not that bad, Legendary meta gem and UVLS trinket can make opening burst up to 4-500k easily without 3 orbs.. average ilvl of 520-25. We conquer fights with multitargets. And its alot of em in HC mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupercus View Post
    Were not that bad, Legendary meta gem and UVLS trinket can make opening burst up to 4-500k easily without 3 orbs.. average ilvl of 520-25. We conquer fights with multitargets. And its alot of em in HC mode.
    I'm seeing opening burst of up to 8-900k with 546. Specifically in fights where I'm able to lineup a rotation with 25 yd halo and bloodlust on pull. Heroic Durumu with the 40 second opening phase is near perfect for shadows opening rotation. The biggest burst jump I noticed was reaching the 50% haste mark self buffed. (was like 17600 as a goblin)
    On that note, We're extremely strong on fights like horridon where we can reliably proc ToF and run multi-dot on everything. In capable hands, a shadowpriest will blow everyone else out of the water on that fight. My only complaint about shadow currently is no filler for on the move, Personally I'd like to see the SWD glyph become useful for that kind of movement, (doubletap without orb as mindflay replacement on the move).
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-07-14 at 05:23 PM.

Shadow doesn't need buffs, it needs to be finished. The spec is like eating grilled chicken that wasn't seasoned, you have the meat there but no flavor. DoTs just don't interact with the player like they should. DI and FDCL really should be baseline abilities, of course that would mean DP may take a hit as far as up front DMG goes but we'll have more sustained DP DMG which is must more favorable than waiting nearly half a minute to hit the darn thing.

This opens up two talents were priests can get real active dmg CDs.

both of them baseline would create a shitty rotation. one of them baseline would be awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    both of them baseline would create a shitty rotation. one of them baseline would be awesome though.
    Debatable, of course we don't want a total rng rotation, but a little here and there works just fine. I would just like to see both VT and SW: P do more with the player than just deal damage. But DI seriously needs to be baseline, maybe even work with both dots rather just SW:P. so it could have a 5-10% chance to proc when both SW:P and VT are on the target. Up the mana cost on SW:P or VT so it becomes overbearing to dot everything you see to control dps in multi dot fights, yet you can still VT or SW:P so the multi dot aspect is still there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    I'm seeing opening burst of up to 8-900k with 546. Specifically in fights where I'm able to lineup a rotation with 25 yd halo and bloodlust on pull. Heroic Durumu with the 40 second opening phase is near perfect for shadows opening rotation. The biggest burst jump I noticed was reaching the 50% haste mark self buffed. (was like 17600 as a goblin)
    On that note, We're extremely strong on fights like horridon where we can reliably proc ToF and run multi-dot on everything. In capable hands, a shadowpriest will blow everyone else out of the water on that fight. My only complaint about shadow currently is no filler for on the move, Personally I'd like to see the SWD glyph become useful for that kind of movement, (doubletap without orb as mindflay replacement on the move).
    Really ?

seems like very high 800-900k , in 25man raid with critbanner -stormlash and so on

i don't think its possible to go over 500k ( in 10man without critbanner etc ) .. and you can do nothing in a movement fight sucks hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightTrent View Post
    Shadow Priests had their run, a long one...
    made my day

in WOTLK maybe

PTR 5.4 -> trinkets

i checked the new ones on the ptr and the are really n1, but if you want a "progress raid" give the new shit to the firemage or warlock. No Matter what you can do with it .. the mage make it with one spell : combustion

my 2 cent

Really ?

seems like very high 800-900k , in 25man raid with critbanner -stormlash and so on

i don't think its possible to go over 500k ( in 10man without critbanner etc ) .. and you can do nothing in a movement fight sucks hard.

made my day

in WOTLK maybe

PTR 5.4 -> trinkets

i checked the new ones on the ptr and the are really n1, but if you want a "progress raid" give the new shit to the firemage or warlock. No Matter what you can do with it .. the mage make it with one spell : combustion

my 2 cent
    I do 10 man actually
    Here's from one of our earlier kills, was around 538 at the time, didn't have the cloak yet. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h1qs8.../?s=845&e=1258
    Change filtering to CMA5 for more accurate spikes.

But ya, with a peak of 65k spellpower on all trinket/enchant procs, +150% spell haste with some awesomely timed UVLS procs (proccing right as the previous dots are about to fall off.) You can get dot's ticking for some massive numbers very quickly.

The week patch 5.0.4 hit comes to mind btw. It may be I was the only one in the raid that actually practiced on ptr before patch day, but my dps on 25h ultraxion went up about 6k that day from my previous best record without changing any gear (416 dagger, no legendary). Went from barely top 5 on a good run to first by a decent margin.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-07-14 at 07:57 PM.

We conquer fights with multitargets. And its alot of em in HC mode.
    except that on actual multitarget fights like h megaera, duru, council, and prim we get destroyed by over 20% by warlocks. the only fights we do okay on are fights with a moderate number of low health adds so we can SWD constantly, and not enough adds that warlock aoe resource regen dwarfs us.

there needs to be some baseline benefit to our dots, our dots are currently among the lowest dps of all classes with dots (when you factor in the damage other classes get from baseline procs into the damage of their dot, the only 'dots' that ours beat are destro warlocks). playing my alts really makes me frustrated with how few interesting stat interactions there are for shadow. mages get hotstreak, shaman get lava surge, druids get starsurges, and priests get shadow derparitions.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-14 at 08:56 PM.

Really ?

made my day

in WOTLK maybe

PTR 5.4 -> trinkets

my 2 cent

It's totally possible, why so depended on the skullbanner? UVLS does its job anyway.. You just need em procs!

you dont need buffs in no section of the game dps is fine
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

It's totally possible, why so depended on the skullbanner? UVLS does its job anyway.. You just need em procs!
    Extra crit damage when you have 100% crit chance tends to be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    you dont need buffs in no section of the game dps is fine
    I'm no heroic-raider per say, but this is how i feel spriests preform in certain aspects:

AoE = Mid
    Single Target = Low
    Burn = Low
    Execute = High
    Multi-Dot/Cleave = High

This is totally subjective data and has no ties to reality.
    It's kind of ok in that department by the looks of it, but single target fights are way too many and the most important one imho. That's why i personally would like to see a scaling and/or single target dps buff.