Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Just to say that we are a significant number to do that. I'm never the only leecher in this horrible crap called LFR.
    Like people already said. You (and others with your mindset) are the sole reason why LFR is the "horrible crap" it is.

Deleted
    Well... Maybe it's not fine ?
    Says who? 100 random guys on MMO-C?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    That is the solution to only one problem - how to efficiently kill WoW.
    As it only related to casuals - how come slower progression is worse for them?
    They don't have much time for game anyway.
    And to all the regular raiders who get extra loot from LFR - they'll not feel mandatory to do LFR finally.

@OP Rushro

No thanks, LFR should be left as is.

Hearken to my words mere mortals, since being a bit tired of thread after thread trying to come up with ways to mess up LFR, my reply will be in that manner.

Flexi raid will be coming out soon, what about that then, same opinions?
    "Oh noes, now we have two crappy extra time consumers our guild / raid leader expects us to do."

WoW developers should make it so that people who run normal or heroic raids are locked out of LFR.
    Want to do the "serious" content the "right" way, ok fine, but no LFR for you.

People need to stop making comments on finding ways to mess up LFR, it's perfect the way it is.
    A niche for the people that can't be bothered joining a guild, or can't be bothered putting up a schedule for dem thar darn SRS business raids.

Through Burning Crusade, Through the LK expansion, I raided in a guild. Not highest end mind you, but things ended up dead at a steady pace, and that's the point, right?

In Cataclysm I lost all feeling wanting to raid because to me, Cataclysm wasn't, yeah, it simply wasn't. Worst expansion to date.

When LFR came out I finally found a way to get into a "raid" and get some gear upgrades the way I want to.
    Yes that's right, me me me!
    MMORPG's are getting all about the me me me these days.

When I have time I'll log on and do an LFR, simple as that.

Gone are the days of needing to sign up for raids, gone are the days of being busy IRL and getting bitched at from the raid people because you "abandoned" them when real life was more important. Real life more important? Go figures ...

Now I can haz my cake and eat it too. MMM, cheese cake, my favorite.

For me *drum roll* FOR ME *extra drum roll* LFR was one of the greatest additions to World of Warcraft since needing to grind endless 5 man dungeons when wanting to do something outside signing up for raiding.

In the end it's a game, that's all it is, a game, to log on, have some fun, log off.

Don't find ways to mess up other peoples fun just because it differs from your viewpoint and opinions.

Thank you very much.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll see if I can't get ahold of some more cheese cake.
    Field Marshal, YUH, 'nuff said.
    /bonk

Deleted
    How delaying lfr could get ppl bored and quit? when most boring time in my wow history has been in lfr?

You had 4 weeks or so to clear normal before LFR lei shen. Was available. If you managed then lfr spoiled nothing. If you didn't manage then you probably need LFR to some degree. The 5.2 method worked well in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    As it only related to casuals - how come slower progression is worse for them?
    They don't have much time for game anyway.
    And to all the regular raiders who get extra loot from LFR - they'll not feel mandatory to do LFR finally.
    If you're burning out on LFR you are not a casual. Stop trying to fix something that is not broken.

My problem with LFR is that it encourages people to slack and afk for gear, because it does not matter how well you do, bosses go down anyway, and you dont get any extra reward for doing everything right.

Players would improve if for example you would get extra 5% chance to get loot if you didn't take any avoidable damage during a fight while maintaining say 50k dps on the boss. This would be easy to implement and would be totally fair since it is really easy to do with the gear required to enter LFR. This also wouldn't cause any dps whoring since it was just 50k and other requirement was to take no damage (or could be under X damage) that could be avoided.

For healers this could be maintain 20k hps (overhealing not counted) while avoiding unnecessary damage.

For tanks I haven't thought about this yet, but to be honest tanks are so rare and the job is so hated in LFR that they could get the extra 5% from something really simple, just by avoiding unnecessary damage for example.

These things would be really easy to implement by blizzard, not a technical problem at all.
    In case this would make LFR a loot fest after everyone suddenly doing it right, the base loot drop chance could be nerfed.
    I would even like some penalties for doing something really wrong, you are in LFR to learn and see the content.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    LFR should just be left as it is tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    These forums should display a warning message when creating a thread which includes the term 'LFR', it should ask if you are sure you want to start this topic a few times.

If you click yes 3 times, then your account is banned and the your post is deleted.

LFR is fine how it is, I don't know why we have to see so many idiotic posts about it.
    Can we please have this? Please? And not just on MMOC. This would be the best addition ever to pretty much every WoW forum in existence.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No because you would have already had your VP gear before item upgrades came back in. And yes they should be capping there vp each week to upgrade everything to help there team out. If they don't then they aren't a team player and should be removed from the raid team and replaced by someone who wants to help there team out.

I used to be GM and RL of a guild and if someone like you wasn't willing to put the tiny amount of time it takes to cap vp each week to help the team out then i would have replaced you right away with someone who is willing to be a team player.
    And some people still wonder why many people prefer LFR above this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    If you're burning out on LFR you are not a casual. Stop trying to fix something that is not broken.
    For me each wow expac now looks like this:
    New quests! Hooray! level 2 chars to max level.
    Grind all 5 ppl until complete gear on both chars.
    Spend some time doing dailies, + lfr (1-2 kills of endboss and i'm tired of the tier).
    Unsub until next content patch.
    (each content patch do 1-10 kills of endboss, and nothing more. that is only like 5 hours of wow per week, queues included)

If i'm not casual, then i've no idea how you call it.

P.S.: to be honest i don't care how it looks now, but that's how it should have been at the very start of lfr

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    And some people still wonder why many people prefer LFR above this...
    Yes, why in the world would anyone not want to live under the thumb of an autocratic raid leader?

Can we please have this? Please? And not just on MMOC. This would be the best addition ever to pretty much every WoW forum in existence.
    If you don't want to read this posts, just don't click, ignore them.

LFR is fine how it is, I don't know why we have to see so many idiotic posts about it.
    People that don't think like me?? It's that possible?Where is the panic button?

Solution to all the people that don't like X or Y posts in a fan-wow site:

Just ignore them, If you want to give your opinion or discuss about the topic, you can too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, why in the world would anyone not want to live under the thumb of an autocratic raid leader?
    I can't even fathom. I mean, it's not like I have a job, a family, and adult responsibilities, and would rather spend my game time actually having FUN instead of slaving under the whims of some wannabe dictator half my age.

Thank god for LFR. Wanna know what to change about it? Not a damn thing.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Like people already said. You (and others with your mindset) are the sole reason why LFR is the "horrible crap" it is.
    Lol that's flat out wrong.

#1 : afking people aren't a problem in LFR, it will never make the raid wipe, and the boss will be killed. Except if you have 15 afkers, but that likely won't happen
    #2 : we afk in it because it's crap, it's boring, but we have to gear our alts right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I can't even fathom. I mean, it's not like I have a job, a family, and adult responsibilities, and would rather spend my game time actually having FUN instead of slaving under the whims of some wannabe dictator half my age.

Thank god for LFR. Wanna know what to change about it? Not a damn thing.
    Well maybe if you have a "family" you should take care of your childrens/wife instead of playing a video game at 30yo ? No ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... I'm supposed to feel like my raiding experience is somehow "tainted" by the existence of LFR? O_o

*blinks*

Why? I mean... O_o

I don't get it. Sorry. I'm too silly to understand that argumentation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe if you have a "family" you should take care of your childrens/wife instead of playing a video game at 30yo ? No ?
    Because having a family totally precludes any sort of time spent on yourself, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    For me each wow expac now looks like this:
    New quests! Hooray! level 2 chars to max level.
    Grind all 5 ppl until complete gear on both chars.
    Spend some time doing dailies, + lfr (1-2 kills of endboss and i'm tired of the tier).
    Unsub until next content patch.
    (each content patch do 1-10 kills of endboss, and nothing more. that is only like 5 hours of wow per week, queues included)

If i'm not casual, then i've no idea how you call it.

P.S.: to be honest i don't care how it looks now, but that's how it should have been at the very start of lfr
    That's deffinitely not 5hrs a week lol, include there pvp, world bosses, making some gold with professions, scenarios, hunt transmogri gear and other stuff etc. LFR is not the only thing to do in the game for a casual, stop acting like it is. And if you are tired of LFR just after 2 kills of the bosses, well seems to me like a personal problem.

I'm really glad some of the people here don't design games and gameplay, that would make some hilarious stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that's flat out wrong.

#1 : afking people aren't a problem in LFR, it will never make the raid wipe, and the boss will be killed. Except if you have 15 afkers, but that likely won't happen
    #2 : we afk in it because it's crap, it's boring, but we have to gear our alts right

- - - Updated - - -

Husband, thank you. And nearly 40. And because that totally means I have NO free time ever, amirite? It's not like there's ever a couple hours at the end of the evening when the kids are asleep and the work is done. The fact that you assume twice your age is 30 says pretty much all that needs to be said about you and your knowledge of anything.