Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Have you ever considered that if people complain about one thing a lot, it means that maybe a lot of people don't like it?
    Have you concidered that if you don't like it maybe others do and it is kinda selfish to demand its removal?

Deleted
    Not sure if I agree with this.

So many players don't have access or friends to raid 10 normal.

This would just induce rage amongst more casual end-game players imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I don't think you get out of MMO-C and the WoW forums enough. I think every gaming website I've visited that talks about WoW has a large amount of players (obviously ex players) who expressed their distaste for LFR. It's just something I've noticed is usually the #1 complaint for the game outside of here and the WoW forums, although it gets complained about a lot here, too. And I think it's only logical to assume that if you see something get complained about enough from all different kinds of people, players and ex players, it is probably a weakness in the game that needs to be tweaked or fixed.
    In that case pvp needs to go too since LOADS of posts complain about it. And pve aswell, also loads of ppl complaining about that. So I guess we can just shut the servers down, since without pvp nor pve there's really not anything to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    They already release it after the raid opens for normal. There's no reason for it to be months in advance, would just make gearing up alts harder, in fact it'd make it kind of impossible. If you have an alt with like a 480 ilvl you'd have no way to get up to around 500 cause nobody does MSV/HoF/Terrace anymore, so you kind of need ToT LFR to get there and be able to raid normal ToT to any decent level.

There's no real need for it to be released later, you say that they should do it but don't really give any good reasons why. I mean, if you can full clear normal before LFR is even released why does it matter if it's released 2 weeks later or 3 months later?
    And why do you think normal pugs are dying out?
    It's easier to just queue up in lfr and get even better gear (than the previous patch normal gear)
    Plus, Flex raiding is coming so if this was implemented it would actually benefit the game cause you get people out of lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    In that case pvp needs to go too since LOADS of posts complain about it. And pve aswell, also loads of ppl complaining about that. So I guess we can just shut the servers down, since without pvp nor pve there's really not anything to play.
    Compared to LFR bashing, those topics are next to nothing.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-07-15 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm legitimately wondering how LFR taints normal raiders... Can't they just pretend it doesn't exist?
    It's because higher end raiding, where people are operating close to their limits, has evolved into a toxic culture where everyone is expected to min-max or be replaced.

The problem isn't LFR; the problem is the toxic culture of high end raiding.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's because higher end raiding, where people are operating close to their limits, has evolved into a toxic culture where everyone is expected to min-max or be replaced.

Sounds like you've been playing with the wrong kind of people. Never happened to me in the heroic raiding scene

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    As it only related to casuals - how come slower progression is worse for them?
    They don't have much time for game anyway.
    And to all the regular raiders who get extra loot from LFR - they'll not feel mandatory to do LFR finally.
    Regular raiders don't need to do lfr. The difference in loot is minimal, and without his small boos in gear they will still need to learn the fight on normal, and gear means nothing when your raid can't deal with wipe mechanics in a bossfight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    And why do you think normal pugs are dying out?
    It's easier to just queue up in lfr and get even better gear (than the previous patch normal gear)
    Plus, Flex raiding is coming so if this was implemented it would actually benefit the game cause you get people out of lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Compared to LFR bashing, those topics are next to nothing.
    People just need to grow up. I don't like to do lfr, so I don't do it often. maybe with some friends if they have an alt that needs gear faster, or for legendary quest items. If I don't feel like it I just won't do it, and I'm not gonna make 5M topics about how I hate it so it must go. I go with the gear I got from raiding the previous tier and maybe some stuff I bought with valor points, and it's more than enough. And if these "hardcore" raiders and casuals can't manage to stay out of shit or interrupt important spells then LFR is EXACTLY what they need.

Deleted
    LFR taints nothing. Any half decent raider clears it much before all the wings are unlocked.

And this is coming from someone who, by all means and measures, would be considered a semi-casual (as I only play to raid due to my work schedule, 'cept for weekends).

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I can't even fathom. I mean, it's not like I have a job, a family, and adult responsibilities, and would rather spend my game time actually having FUN instead of slaving under the whims of some wannabe dictator half my age.

Thank god for LFR. Wanna know what to change about it? Not a damn thing.
    Yuuu! So agree
    Field Marshal, YUH, 'nuff said.
    /bonk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Sounds like you've been playing with the wrong kind of people. Never happened to me in the heroic raiding scene
    Well then, so it will be ok to not do LFR, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to reduce LFR ilevel slightly so Normal players don't feel compelled to do it? At least that seems easier to me than asking hundreds of thousands to people to change their personality.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to reduce LFR ilevel slightly so Normal players don't feel compelled to do it? At least that seems easier to me than asking hundreds of thousands to people to change their personality.
    We're not asking them to change their personalities. They can fume in frustrated anguish and we'll be perfectly ok with that.

A person who is so obsessed with efficency that s/he feels compelled to do LFR for a miniscule advantage and is still only doing normal modes is doing something very, very wrong. The question is if those individuals compulsion should be considered more important then the feelings of 2 million or so LFR users who will very much become second grade citizens (even more so then they are already considered) if you make that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    Thank you for not even reading one sentence of my post, as I do not have any problems with how LFR is and I want it to remain in the game. I appreciate you blessing me with your insightful comment.
    I disagree. I think you do have a problem with LFR. If you did not, you would not make a post to be asking for change, and using words like welfare gear, tainted experience. Before LFR, raiders were required to watch TankSpot or any of the guides to prepared themselves for the any new boss encounters. So the idea of experiencing a boss with no prior knowledge does not really apply. In many cases, LFR does not always prepare the raider for anything in the Normal mode or higher since many of the fights just becomes a zerg fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Says who? 100 random guys on MMO-C?
    It's not even 100. And prolly less counting multiple accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    You don't stay out of LFR. LFR is a cornerstone of the game as of today. It has to be removed, I won't be satisfied until it happens
    Then you better go and find another game. Oh wait... everyone who forgot the LFD in their MMO implemented one in a hurry. Wonder why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How I think LFR should be changed is: release it at the same time as normal mode raid, however make the gear itemlevel equal to previous tier normal mode (for example siege LFR gear would be 522, or ToT LFR gear would be 496). This way all the casual players can experience the content, get themselves some sweet upgrades while the normal mode crowd doesn't need to set foot inside it. It's so simple yet I don't understand why blizzard didn't go with it, this way everyone would be happy and it would certainly lower the QQ threads about LFR killing WoW.
    They're not doing it because it means catering to a tiny whining minority whining "BUT I HAS TO GET UPGRADEZ IN LFR LIEK ZOMG???".
    Don't like it, don't do it, as simple as that. Especially with Flex in 5.4.

- - - Updated - - -

This means catering to a bunch of whiners. Screw that. The problem is today's raiding community's attitude, not LFR.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Why do Normal raiders think they're so special and worthwhile to have the game changed for them? It sounds more like they lack self-control and seem to think they're obligated to do Normal modes in addition to LFR when they are not. If the guild they are in pushes you to do both and you don't want to, tell them no or just find another guild. WoW is about entertainment; it shouldn't ever feel like a second job.