Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

UK soldier and veteran suicides 'outstrip Afghan deaths'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23259865

Heroes to zeros.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-07-14 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Heroes to zeros.
    Are you implying that by taking their own lives they somehow negated everything they've done in life?

Inb4 RICH

So why are they killing themselves? Are they finding it hard to live with what they've done? So they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Are you implying that by taking their own lives they somehow negated everything they've done in life?
    Yes, actually.

My point is these muppets are portrayed as heroes.

Nothing but spineless cowards that bully other countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Inb4 RICH

So why are they killing themselves? Are they finding it hard to live with what they've done? So they should.
    Come back and people have fucked them over, PTSD and the like.

Yes, actually.

Amen to that
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Yes, actually.

What. The. Fuck.

Deleted
    Yes, actually.

Do you also get angry at chesspieces instead of your opponent when playing chess?

Only weaklings kills themselves. Exceptions are incurable diseases, possibility of getting captured by fanatics, etc.
    I suppose UK armed forces needs better checks before recruiting.

Considering the war is completely pointless and Afghanistan is absolutely fucked, it's not surprising. I think VICE did a documentary on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHPTHx0ScQ
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Must be hard to live with your concience while knowing you killed 8 year old kids for the oilgreed of a few corporate scumbags.

Do you also get angry at chesspieces instead of your opponent when playing chess?
    Goddamnit, I was about to type the exact same analogy.

OT: PTSD Is a very serious condition. To imply that these human beings are zeroes because they didn't manage to cope with all the crap they had to do/witnessed is very close minded. Sure they knew the risks before they joined the military but everything works better on paper.

Deleted
    Ahahah.

Yeh it's a bit silly to take it on the soldiers really. Blame the heads behind but not the 24 years old soldier for fucks sake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Are they finding it hard to live with what they've done? So they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by slenderman
    Yes, actually.
    You utter bastards. You've got the world wrong pals.

Every case is individual and so they all had different reasons for signing up and heading to war but being a soldier is a pretty honourable profession.
    These kids are what 18-24 when they are sent off to fight? If you think this is anything but a tragic waste of life and tieing your own political ideologies to the deaths of young men, then you are infact an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Must be hard to live with your concience while knowing you killed 8 year old kids for the oilgreed of a few corporate scumbags.
    Have you fallen to conspiracy nuts?
    Oil, oil, oil, blah blah blah.
    I have yet to see one propose how to get anything out of that region, with profit....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually.

Chances of you saying that in public in Scotland = zero.

Doesn't that make you a spineless coward as well?

Picking on people is fun on the internet, I get it. But picking on war veterans, calling them weaklings because they are not immune to mental trauma is ignorant and overstepping any boundry in my opinion. Just because you can watch the Saw series without flinching doesn't give you any right to downtalk people who've seen and experienced things like that in real life.

Deleted
    Surely if that were true then they wouldn't have internal struggles that are causing them to commit suicide? They join the army to fight the good fight (mostly), but when they get out there and see that they're killing innocents in a war they can't win it takes its toll and this is what happens. Nothing cowardly about that at all.

If you had the stones to go to war to protect your country then had to commit these acts wouldn't you feel affected by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Chances of you saying that in public in Scotland = zero.

Doesn't that make you a spineless coward as well?
    Thank you Kalis, I completely agree.

Deleted
    I'm sure the suicide rates will drop after some lsd treatments become mainstream.