Poll: Elemental's current state In your opinion

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Elemental Shamans

So having seen no changes on the PTR to nerf ele's insane RNG burst, I was wondering what the MMO-CHAMP community felt about elemental shamans.

The random nature of some of their burst makes me hate them more than hunters, yet I see nothing to change them. The amount of random deaths i see where the ele's just like "hehe procs bro" is mad. Its like a mage who doesn't need deep freeze and there isn't deep freeze to warn them to use cds.

So why they no nerf ele

Sign of the times. Elemental is just the tip of the iceberg when it concerns how the game revolves around instant casts and procs. Frost mages have been complaining for some time about how their class revolves around instants, similarly warlocks have been asking for rewarding getting off casts. Unfortunately with the amount of CC and caster control in the game this is what we're left with.

The obvious fix for elemental is to change their mastery, but the real problem lies deep within the gameplay of WoW.

Both Ele and Enhance are crazy broken atm. Burst during Ascendance is insane.

Sure I like going from 100 to 0 in 3 secs. That's an understatement as well, i've been trucked by ele/hancers in 2 secs flat before. Ele isn't too bad cause you can nullify them pretty easy, enhance though is a joke. Makes me sad cause a lot of times you can't prevent it at all. It's stupid in 2s cause of the lack of peels. Even in 3s you'll still struggle to peel fast enough when your healer is getting rushed by a BM/Hance/Disc combo.

When you can hit 2200 and one of your team mates is in mostly crafted pvp gear (458 Hance reroll, fully geared Disc/BM) you know it's pretty broken.

Deleted
    They just need to have their rng fixed and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf Chaos Bolt.

But really it would be better for the game if they just nerfed lava burst damage by 20% taking elemental out of pvp. Then they can just buff restoration shamans to put them back in their former glory.

Then they should buff Warlocks and Mages, you know the actual skilled pure caster classes. That would be a step in the right direction.

Figures, I stop playing WoW, and Enhance suddenly becomes OP. :<
    RETH

I am surprised elemental shammys aren't TOUCHED, i find them very VERY op on live right now, so i am checking off the first circle.

Elementals are the top dog, can compete with mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Then they should buff Warlocks and Mages, you know the actual skilled pure caster classes.
    Not sure if trolling or serious......

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    let them have their moment. theyve been underpowered for the last 5 seasons.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Besides the rng "luck" and high dmg procs, thats all we got man..we got almost 0 survive ability, if we do NOT get a good rng streak in PvP , we're death meat. So if you going to nerf the RNG out of ele , give us instant cast on the move. We have to hardcast EVERYTHING, exept those RNG.

So no it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I am surprised elemental shammys aren't TOUCHED, i find them very VERY op on live right now, so i am checking off the first circle.

Elementals are the top dog, can compete with mages.
    Big issue remain those RNG Abilities.

Lava Surge deserves a nerf in terms of multi dotting, it's just insane that you generate a buttload of instant Casts just by multi dotting, that applies for Moonkins & Sp's as well.

Any Abilities like this deserve a Brain freeze treatment.

But outside of that, you can hardly nerf Elemental Damage without seriously restructure a few mechanics or hurting PvE, a big issue is the 50% additional Critdmg which allows EB & Fulmination to reach those randomnly high damage numbers.

Then you got the Mastery which even boosts the RNG factors for Lava Surge & EB.

On top of that, EotE give a minor chance to fire off 5 Lvb's in a single cast, which usually kills the enemy.

But on the other side, Elemental Damage is random since BC, which introduced Lightning overload (Had 5% Proc Chance to generate a 2nd identical LB).
    Lvb was quite random as well in Wotlk as a single Trinket Proc allowed this spell to nearly one shot people.

Unpredictable Damage is the trademark of Elemental but it's hard now to reduce this without hurting PvE or totall breaking this spec once again in PvP because this spec solely relies on quickly killing it's enemies, if Elemental can't burst properly it's a broken spec.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-07-14 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    But really it would be better for the game if they just nerfed lava burst damage by 20% taking elemental out of pvp. Then they can just buff restoration shamans to put them back in their former glory.

Then they should buff Warlocks and Mages, you know the actual skilled pure caster classes. That would be a step in the right direction.
    I really hope you're being sarcastic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Lava Surge deserves a nerf in terms of multi dotting, it's just insane that you generate a buttload of instant Casts just by multi dotting, that applies for Moonkins & Sp's as well.
    Then this should be applied to Frozen Orb too, because throwing it in to a stampede = Mage goes trololol BBQ ice lance ice lance /jump /jump /rofl swag 420 blaze it......or something like that.

Ryan isn't sarcastic guys..... HAR HAR

/end sarcasm (man, its hard to show sarcasm on the internet).

I change my mind on my last post, elemental shaman is balanced because its hard to cast when you got a melee sitting on you 24/7 (man i hope those lava surge procs come along) and we NEED flame shock to actually do damage (50% increase damage on lava burst and instant lava burst).

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Ryan isn't sarcastic guys..... HAR HAR

/end sarcasm (man, its hard to show sarcasm on the internet).

I change my mind on my last post, elemental shaman is balanced because its hard to cast when you got a melee sitting on you 24/7 (man i hope those lava surge procs come along) and we NEED flame shock to actually do damage (50% increase damage on lava burst and instant lava burst).
    Loljk multi dot lava burst for 80k+ no cds popped every gcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Loljk multi dot lava burst for 80k+ no cds popped every gcd.
    Its kinda hard if the healer actually knows what he is doing, but i gotta admit i can drop a 420k holy pally from full to 50k in 2 globals.

lololololololol
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Ele is shit without being able to burst people. Do you know what seasons Ele hasn't been a joke in? 7, 8, and this one.

Not to mention the PVE balance.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-07-15 at 12:15 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

I don't want them nerfed out of PvP, I just want the RNG gone. Losing a match purely because the enemy ele got 2 back to back Lava Surge procs at the same time his trinkets were up is a little dumb. Same concept as 5.0 TFB wars; it's star-aligning-RNG that causes the excessively high burst but even if it only happens a very small percent of the time it doesn't mean it should exist. Just imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Ele is shit without being able to burst people. Do you know what seasons Ele hasn't been a joke in? 7, 8, and this one.

The spec is undeniably overpowered right now. That point was debatable in WotLK. It has retarded high burst, pretty damn good survivability, mediocre support and control but all you really need is the first and a partner with better support to allow your healer to stay alive while you turret damage into 2-3 hit kills on the other team.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Make it so that Lava Burst only procs from one Flame Shock, there you go, class fixed, hire me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

Then they are to remain so until they find a way to balance them. It's no legit excuse for letting them do what they're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    I don't want them nerfed out of PvP, I just want the RNG gone. Losing a match purely because the enemy ele got 2 back to back Lava Surge procs at the same time his trinkets were up is a little dumb. Same concept as 5.0 TFB wars; it's star-aligning-RNG that causes the excessively high burst but even if it only happens a very small percent of the time it doesn't mean it should exist. Just imo.
    I agree, in this case it's all the time. If they get 3 dots up you're done. Or you spend 50 % of the match behind a pillar with Conversion up becuase going out means rape.