Thread: help with hexos

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

help with hexos

I'm just wondering if there is some old school game and a link to play it somewhere online that is just like walking through the maze on hexos just to get warmed up for the fight....i know there has to be some such old battleship type game lol.....also any good tips for hexos?

Hexagon would be closest.

you can google "hexagon game"
    there are some that you can play in your browser
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    The only good tip I can give you is know your dps rotation well. You shouldn't need to look where your keybinds are or click certain spells to do at least decent dps.

If you have addons that can make sounds when to pop certain spells that rely on procs or whatever, that would be great because you want to focus only on turning the right direction (obviously just use right mouse button for this).

Took me a couple of goes, but practice really makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Hexagon would be closest.

you can google "hexagon game"
    there are some that you can play in your browser
    all i gotta say is this game is freaking AWESOME

Super Hexagon!
    Available on pc and smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    The only good tip I can give you is know your dps rotation well. You shouldn't need to look where your keybinds are or click certain spells to do at least decent dps.

If you have addons that can make sounds when to pop certain spells that rely on procs or whatever, that would be great because you want to focus only on turning the right direction (obviously just use right mouse button for this).

Took me a couple of goes, but practice really makes perfect.
    This. So important on this fight. I can do on my main easy enough but on other characters where I pretty much only do lfr its a lot tougher

Deleted
    holy shit ur just bad

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-07-14 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parparpar View Post
    holy shit ur just bad
    Well that's productive. What's easy for some people isn't always easy for others. I'm often the first player in our raid groups that is chosen to handle complex tasks during encounters, yet often die to stupid things when we're learning an encounter. Brains operate in different fashions.

Don't be a judgmental ass.

OP: Practicing your dps rotation / building muscle memory for your abilities is key for that one. Don't know what class you play, but you might even be able to bust it down to a few macros. You can't afford to look away, that's the only real barrier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Well that's productive. What's easy for some people isn't always easy for others. I'm often the first player in our raid groups that is chosen to handle complex tasks during encounters, yet often die to stupid things when we're learning an encounter. Brains operate in different fashions.

Don't be a judgmental ass.

OP: Practicing your dps rotation / building muscle memory for your abilities is key for that one. Don't know what class you play, but you might even be able to bust it down to a few macros. You can't afford to look away, that's the only real barrier.
    u mad bro

Deleted
    holy shit ur just bad
    Well isnt that constructive.

As Titans said, know your dps rotation without looking at your bars. This fight is largely easier if your class has a relatively straight forward rotation. If you are a relatively new enhancement shaman, respec elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    u mad bro
    Nope, not mad at all. Just giving some "friendly" advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Well isnt that constructive.

As Titans said, know your dps rotation without looking at your bars. This fight is largely easier if your class has a relatively straight forward rotation. If you are a relatively new enhancement shaman, respec elemental.
    enh is hard xdddddddddddddd not

10+ Year Old Account
    enh is hard xdddddddddddddd not
    Someone needs attention. Guess Daddy is busy today.

Moving along now, lol.

The thing that took me a minute to realize (and it sounds kinda stupid now but...) was that you are moving the boss through the maze. Focus on the boss and moving him through the maze. For some reason that just didn't take for me for the first few tries.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit ur just bad
    You are just a troll aren't you? Only here to cause problems and you know it, hiding behind the anonymity of your MMO account to say what you want with no worry of anything bad happening. Hell if you get banned I bet you will just be back on some other account to just ridicule and insult people eh?

OT: If you keyboard turn you are doomed, just have decent gear and know your rotation off by heart and you will be golden. If you fail to meet the requirements for one of those three chances are you won't beat him.

Deleted
    I know not how good your gear is, but the dps check is quite lenient. You only need something like 96k dps in order to kill him pre berserk. You can chose to just not worry about some cooldowns or abilities and focus more on the moving. For example I killed it in a try where my all of my cooldowns and trinketprocs were on cooldown in the beginning.

Deleted
    http://jayisgames.com/games/hexagon/ -enjoy your training for Hexos. I'm at 70 second. After that my brain turn off!!
    Same happens on Hexos. I'm still stucked at 40-45%. DPS is not a problem, last time I pulled 126k (ilvl 527 UH dk) just smashing button randomly. But after one minute of maze I just can't see the maze anymore...my mind get confused....and I'm still at rank 8!!
    ADVICE: Modify your UI for this fight. I made procs,rune,runicpower etc. giant. Also make some tries without dps at all; just move through the maze, and try to stay alive until the end. Do it a couple of time and the start dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogum View Post
    http://jayisgames.com/games/hexagon/ -enjoy your training for Hexos. I'm at 70 second. After that my brain turn off!!
    Same happens on Hexos. I'm still stucked at 40-45%. DPS is not a problem, last time I pulled 126k (ilvl 527 UH dk) just smashing button randomly. But after one minute of maze I just can't see the maze anymore...my mind get confused....and I'm still at rank 8!!
    ADVICE: Modify your UI for this fight. I made procs,rune,runicpower etc. giant. Also make some tries without dps at all; just move through the maze, and try to stay alive until the end. Do it a couple of time and the start dps.
    You might have some more luck as 2H Frost on Hexos if you have some third party key binding software such as a posh keyboard, mouse or gaming pad. Simply macro Obliterate and Frost Strike to one key and mash that for the fight whilst turning your KM and Rime proc visuals to either a low opacity or just off full stop. Think I ended up turning scrolling combat text too and chat bubbles since he has a yell at the start that covers some of the maze.

If it's possible for you to make a /castsequence macro that can at least hold up some semblance of your normal rotation, that might help you focus a bit more on the orientation part of the fight. Obviously your DPS won't be perfect, but it's likely it won't be perfect no matter what. I set one up on my hunter with a very basic rotation just to help my focus a bit more on getting the angles right - though I think on my kill I ended up mostly using my normal binds anyway just out of habit and maybe a little panic.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    The thing that took me a minute to realize (and it sounds kinda stupid now but...) was that you are moving the boss through the maze. Focus on the boss and moving him through the maze. For some reason that just didn't take for me for the first few tries.
    That's not true. You're not moving the boss through the maze, the boss is irrelevant. You're moving yourself through the maze, not the boss.