Thread: help with hexos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Biggest thing for me was turning mouse sensitivity and turn-speed up.

Was struggling a few times on the tight parts before I did that. After adjusting, I 1 or 2-shot it.

FWIW, the next 5 bosses are all a joke, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Couple things.

1st, contrary to what someone said, the boss is irrelavent to this boss. YOU need to move through the openings not the boss.

2nd, while super hexagon is fun, it doesn't help at all really because with super hexagon you move using A/D or left arrow/right arrow while in WoW you MUST use the mouse because you can't turn fast enough with the keyboard. I would LOVE to use the keyboard but you can't rotate fast enough. So really they are completely different. Me personally, I got the boss to sub 1 mil on 3 attempts, then started sucking. I can do 75 seconds on level 6 of super hexagon but I now die withing 5 seconds of Hexos every time so I gave up.

Deleted
    TBH, if you just take time to observe the fight you'll notice that you only die when hexos hits the maze. I've put in like 20 tries trying to turn myself so i don't hit the maze which is insanely hard with mouse sensitivity on max.
    When i started to see that hexos didn't need to get hit by the maze, he went down in 3-4 tries. It gives you a lot more time to turn him and to get the right position every time.
    Anyway, if you want to learn your rotation, turn of your UI during LFR and try to maximize dps. (its fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephenee View Post
    TBH, if you just take time to observe the fight you'll notice that you only die when hexos hits the maze. I've put in like 20 tries trying to turn myself so i don't hit the maze which is insanely hard with mouse sensitivity on max.
    When i started to see that hexos didn't need to get hit by the maze, he went down in 3-4 tries. It gives you a lot more time to turn him and to get the right position every time.
    Anyway, if you want to learn your rotation, turn of your UI during LFR and try to maximize dps. (its fun!)
    This is not true. When Hexos hits a wall, nothing happens. If a wall touches your character, you lose. Focus on your feet and making sure you don't turn too early.

I assume the people that complete this boss while keeping hexos from touching the wall have latency issues, slow turning speed, or slow reaction times allowing that strategy to work.
    Last edited by Grackin; 2013-07-18 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by umadbroz View Post
    wow noob thread much l2p
    Again, so very constructive...

A tip I can give is to make sure your camara is maxed out and turn your mouse sensitivity up. I was wiping over and over again whenever I had to turn in the same direction for too long, and the mouse would fall off the pad or hit my keyboard. Turn mouse sensitivity up and it gets much, much easier…

I'm not sure how people think it's your character that can't touch the maze when it collapses and touches you the entire fight. Here's the advice I can give:
    - Don't bother watching other people in the brawlers arena fight the boss. Chances are your games will be out of sync and it will appear that Hexos gets hit by the maze constantly.
    - YouTube search Hexos and it will look much clearer how people keep him from touching the walls. I killed the boss shortly after learning this.
    - Keep your camera zoomed out and at a top angle so you can see the incoming maze pattern.
    - There are times in the maze when it's almost wide open. You can wait to do your burst at this time to lower the risk of dying during other parts of the maze.
    - Move with your mouse and use keybinds (obvious).
    - Be patient and if you're still having issues then attempt the boss later at night or in the morning when you can get faster queue times.

Hope this helps.

Contrary to a few posters here, I found it easier to use the red hit box under Hexos instead of my characters direction in terms of winding through the maze. Maybe it was latency or my reaction speed, but once I started doing that, I could hit enrage, then it was just a matter of learning where I could focus on using dps cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignyted View Post
    I'm not sure how people think it's your character that can't touch the maze when it collapses and touches you the entire fight.
    The FRONT of your character has to go through the maze opening which is why I said watch your feet. I died many times when trying to get hexos to go through the openings while using a very sensitive mouse setting. When you are moving quickly, it's very easy to see that hexos can slam each wall, but the second your feet get touched, it's GG.

If you have a problem with the maze you should try to get a worse ping. Didn't try that myself but I heard from several people it gets way more forgiving with a bad ping. Personally I got it on the fifth try or something but I was lucky as I survived a hit - just like I did when I killed it on my alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grackin View Post
    The FRONT of your character has to go through the maze opening which is why I said watch your feet. I died many times when trying to get hexos to go through the openings while using a very sensitive mouse setting. When you are moving quickly, it's very easy to see that hexos can slam each wall, but the second your feet get touched, it's GG.
    So a Tauren, being a bigger class who has a wider front, will have a harder time? Maybe your latency and FPS makes it seem as if Hexos touches the walls.

It's a very, very slim area that is counted. I've fit through very narrow slits between walls that I figured would kill me. Hexos touching the walls absolutely is not the end. Most of your body doesn't count. Honestly it seemed like it was even smaller than just my character's face. Latency would not account for this.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If you've ever played a Tauren it's hard to fit through some doorways...let alone a small maze opening. It's seems about half the people say it's the character and the others say the boss so pick which ever strategy works for you (for me it was not letting the boss get hit).

For a long time I thought it was the boss that couldn't touch the walls.... Failsauce.

No, it is YOU, your toon, that can't touch the walls. Made it so much easier. Overhead look, don't worry about DPS too much until you get clear patches.

I wasted many attempts, satisfying to get down though, then 1-shot the chicken guy after.